Social Science So what are you doing for Australia Day?

I wear Australian themed clothing (actual flag on shirt, shorts, footwear etc or various combinations of green and gold) on the regular. No date will stop me from doing so.
Nobody is stopping you from dressing like a clown.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
"Australia Day" needs a social license to exist and it's lost that now.
Really shows how far and how fast this once great country is falling. We're at the mercy of a loud, unemployed minority on twitter that for some reason our politicians and media give far too much respect. Ignore them and everyone would be happier

An undeniable fact is these losers are unhappy within themselves. It has nothing to do with the date. They will whinge on the next one, i guarantee it. Bookmark this for when its changed

Unaware of the protests going on right now in every city or just deliberately being a knob?
Wow.

What a pillock.

Anyone picketing his driveway to stop him dressing like the inside of a bin at a Kmart suppliers warehouse?

Anyway, I am so generous of spirit that I will let you in the competition. How many pavlovas in this jar?

1674685405140.png

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
Why are people still talking about this when almost no one out in the real world actually gives much of a s**t about the exact date.

For the most part it's the domain of a tiny % of extremists and mainly white dorks on the internet.
There's a large amount of people that don't want a date at all.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Bloods86

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 7, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Adelaide United, Everton, Socceroos
Really shows how far and how fast this once great country is falling. We're at the mercy of a loud, unemployed minority on twitter that for some reason our politicians and media give far too much respect. Ignore them and everyone would be happier

An undeniable fact is these losers are unhappy within themselves. It has nothing to do with the date. They will whinge on the next one, i guarantee it. Bookmark this for when its changed
I'm employed, don't have twitter. Making the same amount of noise as you. More pressing problems obviously, but think the date should be changed to one that represents all of us and makes historical sense.

Patriotism, if something to care about, is wanting your country to be the best it can, which includes improvement, not nostalgia over some mythical heyday.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'm employed, don't have twitter. Making the same amount of noise as you. More pressing problems obviously, but think the date should be changed to one that represents all of us and makes historical sense.
If you think there's a date that will quieten the protesters and whiners i have a bridge in sydney to sell you...

Remember this. Changing the date will achieve nothing. Go for it, i wont vote against it. But I will say i told you so when this exact same discussion happens and protests occur despite us changing it. They will never be happy and there will always be a new moan

I'm sure you have the endurance to keep it up whilst you make commands
You're just pissy you don't know the history of Australia Day!

Get back to the old ways! Bob for lamingtons! Even this bung-eyed kid could do it, and he was not far off the knackers yard for having physical deformities and sullying our pure European gene pool!

hannibal_chew_child_bobbing_for_apples_at_an_Australian_picnic__7320707b-f803-4176-92e8-fcadfa...png

Back