So what do North need?

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Broad question here, delivered at everyone of course, but particularly interested to hear from North fans;

What kind of coach do you need? You’ve got a list profile with plenty of talent, plenty of experience, and I think plenty of ability. North can play some scintillating footy yet the gap from bad to worse is probably closing. They need to get better.

Personally I don’t think it would take them long to regroup and put themselves back into finals contention. They lack a genuine A grade midfielder which has to be a priority.

I am not sure who is out there, but what kind of coach gets them back into contention do you think?

TheShardMan

Team Captain
Jun 28, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
they need a miracle worker.

giphy.gif

Broad question here, delivered at everyone of course, but particularly interested to hear from North fans;

What kind of coach do you need? You’ve got a list profile with plenty of talent, plenty of experience, and I think plenty of ability. North can play some scintillating footy yet the gap from bad to worse is probably closing. They need to get better.

Personally I don’t think it would take them long to regroup and put themselves back into finals contention. They lack a genuine A grade midfielder which has to be a priority.

I am not sure who is out there, but what kind of coach gets them back into contention do you think?

I hope this doesn't descend into a shitfight.
Not a bad question.

Need a new coach, clearly. Appears as though that is happening.

I'd have traded Ziebell two years ago. Just never going to reach A grade status as a mid or forward.
Would have got more for him than he was worth. Ship has long ago sailed though.

Need a new recruiter.

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Not a bad question.

I'd have traded Ziebell two years ago. Just never going to reach A grade status as a mid or forward.

Need a new recruiter.

I guess that’s a pretty damning piece of information. I mean list development might be more of an issue than recruitment? I look at how bad Melbourne were and I don’t believe we lucked out with that many draftees, development a clear issue.

TheShardMan

Team Captain
Jun 28, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
funny how fans put up names of assistants that we have never seen or heard do their jobs. or just following the media narrative on who is next in line.

what happened to leigh tudor? Ex player, was highly rated few years ago. Maybe he hasnt sucked up to the right people to keep himself in the spotlight.

Not a bad question.

Need a new recruiter.

Rough on Vickers-Willis and Simpkin (although might be too early to tell), but otherwise agree. North's recruiting has been awful, even for the picks that we've had.

Look to have found some real winners in LDU, Scott and Thomas, but otherwise recruited mostly one-dimensional, vanilla players for 10 years now

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Rough on Vickers-Willis and Simpkin (although might be too early to tell), but otherwise agree. North's recruiting has been awful, even for the picks that we've had.

Look to have found some real winners in LDU, Scott and Thomas, but otherwise recruited mostly one-dimensional, vanilla players for 10 years now
Is it recruitment or development?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors

Bald

Premium Gold
Apr 5, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
They need the Melbourne treatment.

Get a temporary coach in there to clean out the list, put a plan in place whereby an assistant will take the reins in the X amount of years it takes to put the club back on track.

They've got a few players at the moment that won't be there for their next run at it, trade them for draft picks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back