Preview So what if we do lose to a depleted Carltank?

Remove this Banner Ad

If we do lose to Carltank this week with all of their outs will that be the nail in Bard's coaching career at North?

Could it get any worse than that?

I would hope an unconvincing win would trigger the same consequences as a loss.

This is why I don't understand the hesitance to act already. I can't see anything beyond a run of 14+ straight wins that can change the consequences out of this start. Just pull the bandaid off and get on with it because I can tell you now, odds are not in favour of that 14+ games...

This is why I don't understand the hesitance to act already. I can't see anything beyond a run of 14+ straight wins that can change the consequences out of this start. Just pull the bandaid off and get on with it because I can tell you now, odds are not in favour of that 14+ games...
I dunno. We could jag 8 or 9 more wins. People start talking about what the ladder would look like if we started in round 7. Brad laments our bad start and the easy fixes to get it right next year. Blah blah blah about various teams that went backwards before they went forward. All those coaches who almost got the arse before they turned it around.
Next thing you know it's a message of hope and a contract extension to avoid the distraction of 2020 being the last year on his contract.

I dunno. We could jag 8 or 9 more wins. People start talking about what the ladder would look like if we started in round 7. Brad laments our bad start and the easy fixes to get it right next year. Blah blah blah about various teams that went backwards before they went forward. All those coaches who almost got the arse before they turned it around.
Next thing you know it's a message of hope and a contract extension to avoid the distraction of 2020 being the last year on his contract.

That's almost my greatest fear. I don't care about distractions, if the seemingly implausible happens and he is coaching us next year I'd expect us to not even give him an automatic extension after a grand final win in 2020. Would still expect a serious discussion around the whole setup.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only way Brad goes after the weekend is if Carton flog us and we look like a rabble that doesn't care.

Even then I'd half expect he stays on.
4 forced changes including :
Their real ruck
Their heart and soul player
Their senior forward

If we lose this I'll riot on my own if required.

In terms of unacceptability it would take the cake.

If we do lose to Carltank this week with all of their outs will that be the nail in Bard's coaching career at North?

Could it get any worse than that?

Not even close. Mr Scott's coffin hasn't even got the internal padding attached. People who want him crucified are real Johnny come Laidley's in my opinion. These are the same people who have jumped on the Phillies in the NBA just because Gene Simmons is playing for them. Where were you guys in the golden days? I remember when Chris Anstey played for Orlando Magic. This was before internet & cable TV and what not. He just flew under the radio & it was only hard core supporters like myself where the stars suggested he would make it in the NBA!!!

Mr Scott will see out 2019 - that's guaranteed. I'll eat my cat if he's axed before then.

That's almost my greatest fear. I don't care about distractions, if the seemingly implausible happens and he is coaching us next year I'd expect us to not even give him an automatic extension after a grand final win in 2020. Would still expect a serious discussion around the whole setup.

To be honest, I'd be just a little more generous if we won the 2020 premiership. Maybe give him one more year to prove it wasn't a fluke.

This is a side celebrating 15 minutes of “momentum” in a loss to a Port Adelaide side that took their foot off the gas.

There’s almost no chance we’ll lose. But we will back-reference this week’s gallivanting win against an undermanned reigning spooner for weeks if not months.

Drinking game: have a shot every time captain or coach laments that we didn’t play like “we showed we could against Carlton” after a regulation drubbing to someone like Collingwood.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back