Preview So what if we do lose to a depleted Carltank?

Remove this Banner Ad

I was furious after that game.

I'll be apathetic after this one.

I hear you. It wears you down over time.

I am genuinely concerned that the club's current trajectory is leading to our own demise, and we don't possess the current leadership with the necessary skills required to alter our course.

I hear you. It wears you down over time.

I am genuinely concerned that the club's current trajectory is leading to our own demise, and we don't possess the current leadership with the necessary skills required to alter our course.
We’ll see tomorrow.

What will tomorrow prove?
In the long term - absolutely nothing.

In the short term - I get to see a rare win, hoping McKay backs up with another positive game and I win some coin.

I was furious after that game.

I'll be apathetic after this one.

I hear you. I wonder how the club would respond if supporters decided they had had enough and stopped voicing their opinions / concerns because the club failed to react...I wonder if the club would themselves become apathetic??

I'll be really disappointed if we lose this because I think we can win in. I'm not super confident, but we aren't going to win much this year so this is one of those rare opportunities. I can handle a bad year (so Brad can get an early pick and not play him for more than 3 games in a row) but winning less than a handful games for the year is not on.

Next week against Geelong - well we simply won't be winning that so I just hope we don't embarrass ourselves. Aside from that, I won't care about losing.

Next week against Geelong - well we simply won't be winning that so I just hope we don't embarrass ourselves. Aside from that, I won't care about losing.

It's amazing considering the post Geelong premiership our and our corresponding timelines, to witnes how a club that has simply continued to top up has completely outperformed our club.

In my wildest flights of imagination I have contemplated if Brad is a Geelong plant working in tandem with his brother.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll be really disappointed if we lose this because I think we can win in. I'm not super confident, but we aren't going to win much this year so this is one of those rare opportunities. I can handle a bad year (so Brad can get an early pick and not play him for more than 3 games in a row) but winning less than a handful games for the year is not on.

Ah but, next week he'll blood a pile of kids and blame it on inexperience. Working those excuses!

Nothing much I suppose but if we come out hard and win convincingly then at least it shows a bit of fight.
That’s our issue CK.

We’ll smash the depleted perennial cellar dwellers but get the same treatment against us by the good sides, so we’re forever floating in mediocrity, stuck in ‘no mans land’, where professional sporting teams go to become irrelevant.

Our supporters, and now the rest of the football world have worked out the current NM footy dept are content to just be competitive and not be ruthless. This breeds the speculation of a purple circle culture internally.

Think about it, finishing mid table with the occasional smashing of an undermanned cellar dweller still ‘sells hope’ to the supporters as our fearless leader so eloquently put it last week, but in reality all its doing is keeping the coach, coaching dept and the board cashing in their pay cheques..

Our leaders (across the whole organisation) aren’t ruthless anymore, they’re happy to get paid.

We’ve worked them out, the media have started applying the heat, regime change MUST be imminent.

I hear you. I wonder how the club would respond if supporters decided they had had enough and stopped voicing their opinions / concerns because the club failed to react...I wonder if the club would themselves become apathetic??
Firstly this:

What do you mean by "if"?
Secondly the club will only do anything when people vote with their feet or take action against the board.

You've hit the nail on the head - lack of leadership both on and off the field. Unfortunately, it's been like this for most of this century. We fix this up and we'll be right.

You've hit the nail on the head - lack of leadership both on and off the field. Unfortunately, it's been like this for most of this century. We fix this up and we'll be right.

Treading water is death to us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back