So where do we start Don?

Remove this Banner Ad

I think what Don is saying is that the club needs to address this sh*t once and for all. Obviously should have been done straight after the camp if we had a decent chairman. By extension he is also saying that if they do put this to bed it will be completely untenable for Chapman, Riccuito and Fagan to continue on and they will need to stand down immediately. The reason these three have allowed this to fester and damage the club is due to them knowing they were culpable and not wanting to take any responsibility. These three scumbags would rather see the club destroyed than have the issue dealt with. They know it would result in complete embarrassment and the shame they deserve.

It would now, wouldn't have if they'd forced Burton and Pyke into admitting they got it wrong from the get go. Instead the shambolic press conference and leaning on aligned players to spruik it's benefits in public. The club's strategy was basically to allow their lickspittles to speak well of the camp whilst simultaneously silencing those that had an issue. Surprise it didn't work, no potential adverse outcomes foreseeable. Everyone on the same page, singing from the same hymn sheet and all that.

You are clueless. If the club had dealt with it properly then it would have been put to bed. I am just as sick of hearing about than sh*t as anyone. Is it that ******* hard to tell exactly what went on, own up to their mistakes and apologise to any players that were psychologically harmed from this camp. Yeah it is hard for our bunch of campaigners running our club as they would rather see our club destroyed in the media than own up to their fu** ups and put an end to this two years ago. Don't embarrass yourself by replying to my post when you clearly dont know what the fu** your on about. You sound like you work at the club.

Don't forget the AFL are now complicit having run their 'independent investigation'. We probably couldn't disclose the full details to move on if we wanted to. And we certainly can't apologise for any psychological harm, that would be legal suicide.

Don't forget the AFL are now complicit having run their 'independent investigation'. We probably couldn't disclose the full details to move on if we wanted to. And we certainly can't apologise for any psychological harm, that would be legal suicide.
There was another interesting take on the AFL's involvement. In 1 of the articles it noted, I think it was Griffen commenting, that legally as the AFL control the Adelaide board the AFL could ultimately be held responsible.

There was another interesting take on the AFL's involvement. In 1 of the articles it noted, I think it was Griffen commenting, that legally as the AFL control the Adelaide board the AFL could ultimately be held responsible.

I think the way the AFL mitigates the risk of restraint of trade is that they're the ultimate employer of the players.

Ok Karen. Go chain yourself to a tree or tear down a statue and share your outraged, victimised, attention seeking views elsewhere.
I do wish people would stop calling people 'Karen'. I have a very close friend called Karen and she's nothing like the Karens portrayed on social media.

I think we should change that name to.... ummm:think: ....Judith or Beverly... or how about a clueless-sounding Krystal?

OK? Can someone implement that change on the internet please? Thanks everyone.

I feel if we came out with what happened in minute detail and gave context behind what they were trying to achieve it would have stopped all the leaking from disgruntled players and subsequent two years of bashing we have been subjected too. Club could have got on the front foot and immediately sacked those responsible and those who had oversight. It would have been dealt with then and there. Instead they choose to cover it up to protect certain people at the club, allowed divisions within the playing group to fester and allowed the club to be dragged through the mud. Our club has a history of covering stuff up and protecting incompetent people at the expense of players and membership. We had an opportunity to review the whole club last year and rebuild the organisation and they were too dishonest to even do that.

You're really not up with pop/meme culture.
Sounds like they either work at the club, know someone there or are a white knight club defender of incompetence . I couldn't be any more against cancel culture politically correct bullshit that's going on in the world. I do believe though that when an organisation is corrupt they should be exposed.

Last edited:

The AFL has always wanted it's cake and to eat it as well. It would have gained control of the club but with some clause exonerating it if s**t was to go south. It's probably called the the "wash my hands get out of jail free" clause.

So Pyke wants us to address the camp even though he acknowledges it's been blown out of proportion. That makes sense.

I do wish people would stop calling people 'Karen'. I have a very close friend called Karen and she's nothing like the Karens portrayed on social media.

I think we should change that name to.... ummm:think: ....Judith or Beverly... or how about a clueless-sounding Krystal?

OK? Can someone implement that change on the internet please? Thanks everyone.
One bad Karen ruined that name forever. It's not fair to the nice Karens who now have to pay $200 to change their names.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The story that just won’t go away.

In IT you can’t rate someones worth until you see how they react during a major outage. The afc leadership have shown how weak and incompetent they are given how poorly they have handled this.

The story that just won’t go away.

In IT you can’t rate someones worth until you see how they react during a major outage. The afc leadership have shown how weak and incompetent they are given how poorly they have handled this.

Had that once. The administrators had entered the building. I remember saying that's game over.

Well why can’t we get it out of the papers and media if it was just a couple of dumb activities.

If we had strong leadership this whole incident would have been killed in 2018.

What generally happens is the the actual cover up is worse than the crime itself and this is what has happened here.

Chapman, Fagan and Roo need to get out and let this club move on. It won’t with these clusterf***ers in charge.

It's not just the cover up. Probably of moe significance is our ongoing treatment of the media. We have made them enemies because we deny them ongoing information/contact year after year. We refuse the journos basic information that they require for their bread and butter. It hasn't worked for us. It will now never work for us. I don't know the history of media shut out by the AFC but maybe it is a Chapman thing. They are antagonistic towards AFC and they do not see they owe us any good/balanced press. Mistake Chappo.

It's not just the cover up. Probably of moe significance is our ongoing treatment of the media. We have made them enemies because we deny them ongoing information/contact year after year. We refuse the journos basic information that they require for their bread and butter. It hasn't worked for us. It will now never work for us. I don't know the history of media shut out by the AFC but maybe it is a Chapman thing. They are antagonistic towards AFC and they do not see they owe us any good/balanced press. Mistake Chappo.
It's a Fagan thing.

What I'd read, I think, was that the players were told they couldn't say anything because the club had signed NDAs on their behalf. Which I found curious.
Can you sign an NDA on behalf of someone else? Or is it just like an organisation wide thing? Would that not apply to certain players anymore now they're not employed by the Adelaide Football Club?

Can you sign an NDA on behalf of someone else? Or is it just like an organisation wide thing? Would that not apply to certain players anymore now they're not employed by the Adelaide Football Club?

I'm going to find out. But I did wonder whether there's a standard NDA regarding operational stuff in all player contracts. And thst then links the players to a club signed NDA. But yeh, wouldn't have thought one could be signed on your behalf. I do think they're largely designed to outlast employment contracts though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back