So where should we be looking for a tall forward in 2018?

Remove this Banner Ad

May 7, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
I love Ben Griffiths endeavor and how he keeps fighting back from injury but with ongoing concussion problems I am doubtful we can assume that he will be the answer going forward. Even when playing, like Tye, his big games or big quarters have been few and far between.

Jack has been magnificent and our fleet of lighting quick smalls have fed well off Jack's ability to bring the ball to the ground (when he isn't marking it or doing something miraculous himself) I wonder if we could clone him ^^. Our mids too have been creating lots of opportunities for our forwards.

Ideally though we need to be kicking 15 to 16 goals a game rather than the 11 or 12 we have in most games this season. Our backs have been brilliant and are well supported by our new tackling regime but we cannot expect them always to keep opposition teams below 10 goals in a game.

Ready made 18 or 19 year old 195 cm plus forwards or talls are few and far between ... (most of the better recent ones play in the NEAFL for GWS.)

For those who follow the kids coming through are there likely to be any young talls in the draft falling around those 15 to 18 picks we are likely to have this year?

Who might we spirit away from another club to ours? With Collingwood and Hawthorns year there is likely to be a couple of vacancies in the 'destination club' category.

A tallish mobile forward who can kick 35 goals a year would fit the bill.

Who could we get ... or who would you like to get ^^

Would love Patton. Will probably have to settle for Casboult (who I don't actually mind).

Hate to pick the Lions list to pieces, but they have a raft of young talls. Close/Freeman or McStay might be gettable, but don't know contact statuses. All around 22 years old, and between 195-200cm.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lots of talk about Casboult, personally I like Redpath. Strong, tall enough to chop out in the ruck, good kick for goal, great defensive pressure and with his history coming off the rookie list and then suffering injuries, plays every game like it's his last. Not a superstar but there's only a handful of sides with two star KPFs and I think he'd work well with Jack and quickly become a fan favourite.

we have 2 first round draft picks this year, and if we are going to challenge next year (if we dont get there this year) a big play in the trade period needs to happen, ala Hawks in 2012-2013.
There will be key forawrds that are available for a first round pick, and be need to be brave.

we have 2 first round draft picks this year, and if we are going to challenge next year (if we dont get there this year) a big play in the trade period needs to happen, ala Hawks in 2012-2013.
There will be key forawrds that are available for a first round pick, and be need to be brave.
Just so long as they don't use a first round pick when a second will do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back