So where were you?

Remove this Banner Ad

Sipping chardonnay somewhere nice & cosy no doubt, CIK?

I was in M12 too, row M I think.
Daphne, don't tell me you had a nice close spot by the fence or I will scream.

I was in Level 2 of the Southern Stand N9 Row K.

[This message has been edited by hotham (edited 31 March 2001).]

Originally posted by 35eye:
Sipping chardonnay somewhere nice & cosy no doubt, CIK?

There is nothing wrong with chardonnay, is there? I picked up a couple of bottles of Coldstream Hills chardonnay '98 the other day, great with food (in fact, you should only drink it with food) and it has a strong honey flavour. However, my personal preference is for shiraz, cabernet shiraz, and cabinet sauvignons....I can't understand pinot noirs though.

Oh, I was sitting in the AFL members, about half a dozen rows behind the player's race. I was the guy yelling, GO PETRIE everytime he went anywhere near the ball.
smile.gif

Originally posted by Shinboners:
There is nothing wrong with chardonnay, is there?

Yes, SB. Its unmanly.

My apologies CIK. I forgot you were a teetotaler. I'm going to have to find another way to attack your masculinity. Keep talking.

------------------
Banish Burgerboy for Bomber

My apologies CIK. I forgot you were a teetotaler. I'm going to have to find another way to attack your masculinity. Keep talking.

Better still, let's attack yours.

------------------
Trample the Weak,
Hurdle the Dead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

See I knew it was you lot I was in M, big shelia white blouse with my head under the seat for most of the game, Bummer husband was sitting at the very end next to the Bummer supporters being very quiet.

Yes, SB. Its unmanly.

Whaaaaatttttt? Next you'll be telling me it's unmanly to walk around town in an Astro-Boy t-shirt with a Hello Kitty backpack.

But back to the chardonnays though, I had another lovely one last night. It was a '98 Scotchmans Hill....brilliant golden colour, a delicate and fragile bouquet, it had a buttery flavour with gentle hints of summer fruits, and good length and it did a good job of filling the mouth with flavour. Went rather well with our dinner.

Tonight, it's back to the reds though...a bottle of Penfolds Bin 128 Shiraz (1998)....yum, yum.....

Originally posted by Daphne:
So those of you who were given reserved seating last night at the game where were you sitting. I want to know if any of you were near me?. I was in M12.

Yeah I know who you were Daphne - I was in M12 row M as well. You were the one heckling Matty Lloyd all night. Right.

Originally posted by Daphne:
See I knew it was you lot I was in M, big shelia white blouse with my head under the seat for most of the game, Bummer husband was sitting at the very end next to the Bummer supporters being very quiet.

I seriously don't remember any sheilas in my row. Was your husband wearing Bummer colours because my boyfriend sntached a cap off the head of an Essenscum supporter in the first quarter & threw it down the aisle making him chase it. I'm sorry if that was your husband but I don't think it would have been?!! This particular Bummer was being really mouthy & try as we did, we couldn't get him kicked out because he was holding a North membership.

Originally posted by Shinboners:
But back to the chardonnays though, I had another lovely one last night. It was a '98 Scotchmans Hill....brilliant golden colour, a delicate and fragile bouquet, it had a buttery flavour with gentle hints of summer fruits, and good length and it did a good job of filling the mouth with flavour. Went rather well with our dinner.

Tonight, it's back to the reds though...a bottle of Penfolds Bin 128 Shiraz (1998)....yum, yum.....

SB, I know you're taking the p!ss out of me because I saw you throwing back beers a couple of weeks ago at Arden Street. Even if they were Carlton Colds. (Chicks beer.)

However I don't understand how you speak the lingo so eloquently. You don't pack shelves for Dan Murphy's do you?

------------------
Banish Burgerboy for Bomber

Magnificent web link 35eye, although I would have preferred to read some reviews that were a little more complimentary of Guinness and Abbotsford Stout, and would have preferred more than two German beers sampled (I've had 20-25, conservative guess). Perhaps the Roos BigFooty Pisspot Collective could start a rival website with a little more cultural insight!
beerchug.gif

[This message has been edited by Darky (edited 01 April 2001).]

Bay 13
Row E

Surrounded by many feral, and very unnatractive Essendon supporters.

Must say, I loved their brand spanking new Bombers gear, must've ran out and bought it the day the won in September 2000.

[This particular Bummer was being really mouthy & try as we did, we couldn't get him kicked out because he was holding a North membership.[/B][/QUOTE]
No my husband was well behaved, I have finally convinced him that the bummers are very boring to watch and he didnt have a cap on.
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Daphne (edited 02 April 2001).]

Originally posted by Aussie_Roo:
Yeah I know who you were Daphne - I was in M12 row M as well. You were the one heckling Matty Lloyd all night. Right.
Hmmmm no dont think that was me, I really didnt bother with him left all that up to the others.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back