So where were you?

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by 35eye:
SB, I know you're taking the p!ss out of me because I saw you throwing back beers a couple of weeks ago at Arden Street. Even if they were Carlton Colds. (Chicks beer.)

However I don't understand how you speak the lingo so eloquently. You don't pack shelves for Dan Murphy's do you?

I was sort of taking the micky. I wasn't joking about the Coldstream Hills chardonnay though. Anyway, I'd hate to state the bleedin' obvious, but the North Melbourne social club isn't quite the same as say, Walter's Wine Bar. I had a Carlton Cold because I don't actually like (the more manly
wink.gif
) MB or VB and they didn't have Heinekin or Becks. By the way, who decided which drinks are manly and which are girly?

Anyway, tonight's drop, the 1998 Penfolds Bin 128 Shiraz was fantastic and went well with dinner. Someone else brought along a Margaret River Cabernet-Shiraz (sorry, can't remember which winery), and while it was good, it was disappointing compared to some other wines I've had from the Margaret River area.

As far as my knowledge of wines goes, I'm just a babe in the woods compared to some people I know. But I've been visiting wineries, going to tastings, listening to my friends who know more that I do, and I did a wine course, so that's added to my knowledge.

And like Darky, I UNPACK the shelves at Dan Murphy's.
wink.gif
If you're quick, you should be able to pick up the abovementioned 1998 Bin 128 for about $19 (retail at other bottle shops is around $30).
smile.gif

Originally posted by Rooboy 96:
hotham
N9 row J here... you didn't bring that Essendon supporter did you... please say NO...

Hey Rooboy96,

No way mate. I did notice there were some pretty big North blokes sitting around that Essendon supporter, so he was pretty quite. I was with my wife, she is as feral at the footy. If that Essendon supporter had of said anything about our players she was ready to belt him.

yeah one of the essendon fans that found it too crowded at the G on Friday night... and decided to sit with us bumped into me and wore my Coke all the way home... I was so sad...

I know a bloke who cracked it bad one year at Windy Hill. So he went in to the toilets and pissed on all the toilet rolls.

That must have been in the outer...

I've been in the members at windy hill... and they don't have toilet paper there... from how it was explained to me their s**t don't smell... so there is no need to wipe it...

I was gunna tell them... but... I just laughed instead...

This was back in the early 70's. I have not seen this bloke for years, he is a Richmond supporter. He is probably toothless and in prison.

[This message has been edited by hotham (edited 02 April 2001).]

I think the Icon/MB/Nikoff/whatever has his hands full trying to keep track of his multi personality posts to actually attend a game of football!!

Double check that signature when you next post eh!!! - don't want to look an ever bigger fool!!!

I was a kid at the time, this bloke 'Frank' attended a party at my cousin's house. Frank also owned a dog who he called Richmond each day of the week, except for Saturday when he called the his dog Royce Hart. Gee these days he could have called his dog Caro.Anyway, I remember this bloke telling the story about his exploits in the toilet at Windy Hill. Turned me right off Richmond.

Originally posted by Shinboners:
By the way, who decided which drinks are manly and which are girly?

Its all in the ridiculous TV commercials. Anything with The Bundy Bear, whistling ala' Strongbow Draft or pick up tips for beautiful twenty-somethings all falls back on the chick market.

However, Lilydale Tafe are offering a beer tasting course that might help us all come to grips with the whole beer gender thing. Maybe it can be our next group outing? Or maybe Darky can just have one at his place one Saturday night?

------------------
The Skull Squad go to Brisbane. Here Comes the Beast Again Tour April 2001

Originally posted by 35eye:
Its all in the ridiculous TV commercials. Anything with The Bundy Bear, whistling ala' Strongbow Draft or pick up tips for beautiful twenty-somethings all falls back on the chick market.

However, Lilydale Tafe are offering a beer tasting course that might help us all come to grips with the whole beer gender thing. Maybe it can be our next group outing? Or maybe Darky can just have one at his place one Saturday night?

Actually, I think we should turn this around from the manly/girlie beer thing not from the viewpoint of the drinker, but from the viewpoint of who the drinker is chasing. For instance, if Carlton Cold is a chicks beer, then why is it so popular amongst some of my g.a.y. pals? They hardly drink VB. However, hang around some of the pubs in Northcote and my lesbian friends just can't get enough of the stuff. So, here's the (general) theory. If you're after chicks, you drink VB. If you're after guys, you drink Carlton Cold. And if you're like and really couldn't give a f*ck what anyone else thinks, you drink whatever you like.
smile.gif

Make mine a Heinekin.....
wink.gif

Shinners,

You're quite welcome to help me drink my bottle of De Bortoli Windy Peak Chardonnay I scored for free from a supplier today cause I'm so ace!

------------------
If you see me getting mighty,
If you see me getting high,
Knock me down,
I'm not bigger than Life

R.H.C.P.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How about some stale Saladas and Kraft Sliced Cheese?

------------------
I bought a bag of Snakes Alive, but when I opened the bag, they were all dead.....they must've suffocated. - Dave Hughes

TO MALIBU FROM DARKY by Darky:
MARRY ME BABY YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

[/QUOTE]

AND SO WE HAVE OUR FIRST PROPOSAL ON OUR FOOTYBOARD. IS THIS A GOOD MATCH, MALIBU AND DARKY?

Did anybody watch that movie on TV on Saturday night with Jennifer Lopez? I think it was called Selena.
The guy who played Jennifer's guitar playing husband was a dead ringer for Darky.

------------------
The Skull Squad go to Brisbane. Here Comes the Beast Again Tour April 2001

Cripple?

You may of been paraletic last time I saw you at the footy, but definately not crippled.

------------------
I bought a bag of Snakes Alive, but when I opened the bag, they were all dead.....they must've suffocated. - Dave Hughes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back