Opinion So where's the Lions forum at?

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not surprised so many posters on this board leave to solely post on the main board.
In many of those cases though Dylan, those posters have also shown that they don't play well with others and don't seem to understand how to operate within a community.

In many of those cases though Dylan, those posters have also shown that they don't play well with others and don't seem to understand how to operate within a community.

I actually enjoy reading everyone's posts from LRL44 to mickeyblueeyes37 to duritz to stocka and campbell, obviously some leave for varied reasons, but it made for a darn sight more enjoyable read no matter how out there or one sided some of those views are.

For mine, this board is now sterile and somewhat vacant compared to years gone by when you could barely keep up with reading everyone's interesting and humorous posts. Like Brisbane Lions members, Lions posters on this board have left in droves and I understand why.

I actually enjoy reading everyone's posts from LRL44 to mickeyblueeyes37 to duritz to stocka and campbell, obviously some leave for varied reasons, but it made for a darn sight more enjoyable read no matter how out there or one sided some of those views are.

For mine, this board is now sterile and somewhat vacant compared to years gone by when you could barely keep up with reading everyone's interesting and humorous posts. Like Brisbane Lions members, Lions posters on this board have left in droves and I understand why.

I disagree with almost all of that.

I did enjoy Duritz's comments, though.

But you're still here mate.

I'm not surprised so many posters on this board leave to solely post on the main board.

So this was actually a serious comment? At the time I honestly thought it was irony.

The forum's fine. There's a balance to be struck and I think that balance is about right at the moment. It's never going to be exactly right for every person; that's just impossible.

I disagree with almost all of that.

I thought he was spot on when he described the board as "somewhat vacant" but I put a different interpretation on the phrase.

Because that is the place people go to farm "likes" by trolling their own club.

I read more than I post. You'll find me on the tennis board most of the time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I find it a pretty welcoming place which feels like a well managed community. I spend most of my time here because I find the main board pretty toxic.

I do miss Duritz. Apart from that this board is one of the few places in BigFooty I don't constantly feel like I'm losing my mind.

Or if you want a place where there are minimal expectations on social courtesy or posting balanced, substantiated arguments, Facebook beckons.

By moderating another forum on this site and having access to the mod forums etc, I have been able to see first hand the work the current and previous generation of mods put in to making this place what it is and the deep consideration they give to tough decisions that have to be made. Very often they get little thanks for the good things they do and get absolutely pilloried for perceived errors or differences of opinion on how the place should be run.

Considered starting your own forum Dylan? If your criticisms are on the money and you truly know what the punters want, you'll be off and racing in no time.

I thought I was just about on my own forum considering how many times I've been informed on ones ignore list, including one particular poster who seems to advise everyone monthly.

The one thing I do know and is very evident is the level of bullying that goes on here, particularly from one faction that are clearly all mates and incessantly wax lyrical.

The one thing I do know and is very evident is the level of bullying that goes on here, particularly from one faction that are clearly all mates and incessantly wax lyrical.

Haha, that old chestnut. That has been thrown around for about 10 years on here through about 4 generations of mods. Must be a bloody big faction. Illuminati?

Who are these "mates" you speak of? Where do they meet to scheme? Am I one of them?

I like our forum, it seems much more structured than many of the other clubs forums. I think all the mod's and regular posters deserve a lot of credit for that.

Overall though, I do enjoy reading all the different personalities we have. We might not be as big as other clubs, but that just means it is easier to remember each posters football personality. Bigger and busier everything gets the less personable to forum becomes.

That's a strong word. I'm sure that sort of thing happens from time to time, but I've honestly not seen it. I've seen people picked apart for uninformed statements and low quality posts ... but that's about it.

Overall though, I do enjoy reading all the different personalities we have. We might not be as big as other clubs, but that just means it is easier to remember each posters football personality. Bigger and busier everything gets the less personable to forum becomes.

We seriously must be lucky to have about 20-30 regular contributors these days.

A far cry from the 60+ we had a few years back.

That's a strong word. I'm sure that sort of thing happens from time to time, but I've honestly not seen it. I've seen people picked apart for uninformed statements and low quality posts ... but that's about it.

Your having a lend if you haven't seen it. I see it weekly, if not daily, if it is one of those rare busy days on here.

We seriously must be lucky to have about 20-30 regular contributors these days.

A far cry from the 60+ we had a few years back.

So it must be the mods right? Couldn't possibly be anything else...

Our membership and match attendance has pretty much declined by a similar percentage in that period.. I wonder if there is any correlation between performance of the club and general punter interest? Or have the Lions membership staff been "bullying" members as well?

On top of that the footy media landscape has changed significantly in the past 6 years. Twitter and Facebook have emerged as more convenient outlets for footy news/discussion for a lot of people. There is better coverage of footy in the media in Queensland as well. But yeah, it's all the mods right?

If LRL44 and Mickeyblueyes are the best you can come up with as notable losses then things can't be too bad.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back