So who loses their job ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Langer and paine like smith and boof pick a rigid plan at the start of each series and just refuse to budge no matter how its working out thats the issue.
Is that true? We drew (should have won) the Ashes through rotating bowlers. And yes, that was the plan from the start, but it was a flexible one. Marsh in the 5th Test contributed as well having been brought in, even if we didn't win that game.

I do agree that it is something we should have considered here. Neser could have been very handy on his home deck and Starc looked cooked.

Is that true? We drew (should have won) the Ashes through rotating bowlers. And yes, that was the plan from the start, but it was a flexible one. Marsh in the 5th Test contributed as well having been brought in, even if we didn't win that game.

I do agree that it is something we should have considered here. Neser could have been very handy on his home deck and Starc looked cooked.

if the rotation plan hadn't worked you really think they would admit it was wrong and change it up towards the end of a series?

I don't think we have the ability to change course mid series the way other sides like india can, if we get into trouble early we just plow through hoping the same approach magically gives better results.

Last edited:

Not sure what to make of this. Seems like CA CEO has basically confirmed all the criticism ("wears his heart on his sleeve" is a polite euphemism for "aggressive prick" imo). Not sure how he's gonna work through what is apparently the players going to the press to try and get him sacked.

Time (again) for my favourite Sir Humphrey Appleby quote:

"You must first get behind someone, in order to later stab them in the back"

Tim Paine right now:
300px-Monkey_Puppet.jpg

Seems weird to make Cummins captain of the NSW OD team. Why not the Shield team as it's the longer format he's going to be taking over in.

Except he took over as WA coach when the previous guy "resigned" after some behavioural issues in South Africa. Quite the parallel, in hindsight.

He took a "good people first" approach, got rid of some bad apples and renowned underperformers and led the side to their first titles in almost ten years.
This "good people first" s**t is toxic though. It only allows those who fit a preconceived idea entry to a team. A genuine coach/leader forms a disparate group into a coherent organisation.

Apparently in a net session Langer told players if they got out in the nets they had to leave the net. Khawaja questioned this, asking how he can work on faults outside of the nets. Langer verbally berated him in front of others for questioning his authority.

Langer's a tool.

Every media commentator who sooked and complained about the way Pujara bats.

That includes Ponting who I normally think of as basically a commentary god in terms of his insights.

Goes for a lot of bigfooty posters too who couldn't see the forest for the trees.

Just an utter insane take on test cricket. "he doesn't advance the game". Lol he batted Australian bowlers into the ground. Much like England batting a draw at the Gabba all those years ago and then winning the series. Without a Pujara batting time, India don't go deep enough to get the runs.
It's all about team balance, isn't it? A batting order 1-6 all Pujaras and they might have a point. But he's surrounded by more aggressive batsmen, so he's fine.

India's 4th innings chase was one of the better-crafted team innings I've seen for a long time, especially with Gill and Pujara batting together. They always kept the target within striking distance, but looked enough in control to drop anchor for the draw if necessary.

Also, a batsman 'advances the game' by getting out too, so it's a pretty silly phrase when you think about it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back