So, Who's Winning The Brownlow?

Remove this Banner Ad

Then again... Tom Mitchell could have a huge number of votes. He has been in the AFL team of the week almost every week or mentioned as an apology. (the team chosen by Kane Cornes, admittedly).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It'll come down to Cripps, Higgins and Gawn.

Carlton haven’t won enough games for Cripps to poll well.

Oliver, Hogan and even Brayshaw may all steal some votes of Gawn.

Mitchell will likely win it. Ain’t no other Hawthorn player who will steal votes. He will get a lot of 3s and 2 vote games.

1. Mitchell
2. Gaff
3. Cripps
4. Fyfe
5. Grundy

Without a dominant player this year I'm looking for a consistent midfielder in a team that's won at least 10 games, without a heap of other standouts in the side.

I think Mitchell fits the bill best, could see him posting 20+ votes and I reckon mid 20s is enough this year.

I could also see a tie on the cards too.
Don't discount guys like Gaff, Higgins, Ablett, Martin if they finish the season strong.

I just can't tip a ruckman because history is against them.

Last edited:
I doubt anyone would have it won just yet. Dusty is starting to refind last years form though. With 15 votes up for grabs still, and probably 10-12 votes already on the board, he’d be a pretty big show in a low scoring year.

It depends what happens with Mitchell though.

If I had to pick someone from complete left field I'd say Elliot Yeo. Reckon I've seen him have 2-3 BOGs at least and is the type of player that would poll well when he's playing in the midfield.
I think Gaff will regularly poll votes for the Eagles. I'm interested to see how Redden does, if the umpires notice him or not, could be the difference for Gaff. Could easily see Gaff picking up a lot of BOGs, whether deserved or not.

Without a dominant player this year I'm looking for a consistent midfielder in a team that's won at least 10 games, without a heap of other standouts in the side.

I think Mitchell fits the bill best, could see him posting 20+ votes and I reckon mid 20s is enough this year.

I could also see a tie on the cards too.
Don't discount guys like Gaff, Higgins, Ablett, Martin if they finish the season strong.

I just can't tip a ruckman because history is against them.
This.

Writing is on the wall that Mitchell wins it for mine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back