So why does Adams escape the spotlight. How do you think he went as skipper?

Remove this Banner Ad

The Eagles mids collectively beat our group. Pendles and Sidebottom were ordinary but Adams wasn't a worldbeater, and he marred his work by costing us a goal in a tight contest in which we went down by under a goal. He gets overpowered too easily by bigger mids which is a worry for someone who is a leader. Also on Fox they highlighted last night how Adams paying no respect to Serong at the first bounce in the last quarter gave them that early goal which set the ball rolling.

A little off topic but I think this is key to our 'false hope' over the last 2 and a half seasons. Our mid brigade while it bats deep and has some 'names' it is somewhat one paced and one dimensional.

In Tay's defence it usually relies on his work in the phone box for us to win it, when we're up and about we look better than what we actually are. When wc mids or any other mid gets on top of ours we got nothin, and we just get told to get on our knees and cop the punishment.

Nah, this midfield has too many 'nice' footballers, could say the same for the whole list really. Over rated in my book.

GWS were happy to get rid of him because they thought he couldn't kick. He tries hard and there is a perception that he is tough but he's not strong enough at the contest. Falling over is not good enough. He gets a lot of votes because he seems to be one of those players who gets pencilled in for votes because he accumulates a lot of possessions in a lot of games.

Happy for you to post the link to the comments from GWS confirming this.

Gee there are some posters who post some crap after a loss.

He went back to shining after he wasn't given captaincy duties. Predictable
Captaincy is the most overrated thing in football. But I am glad that the burden of calling heads or tails or watching another person do that was taken off Taylor's shoulders so that he could play better this week.

He worked hard. He had a good game but he still only went at 40 odd % disposal efficiency which he has to improve. Anyway he had to step up because we beat Luke Parker and we win the game. Treloar did okay too before he went down with injury.

I like Adams, works his butt off.

Stand in Captain or not.
I don't think it had anything to do with that. When you perform better as a group, everyone gets better. Clearly in the games he captained, the whole group was poor.
If he captained on thursday, would you say the same thing? being acting captain for a couple games doesn't make you play or the team play better, not if the opposition doesn't let you.

Not that it matters. He'll still be captain in the near future.

I don't think it had anything to do with that. When you perform better as a group, everyone gets better. Clearly in the games he captained, the whole group was poor.
If he captained on thursday, would you say the same thing? being acting captain for a couple games doesn't make you play or the team play better, not if the opposition doesn't let you.

Not that it matters. He'll still be captain in the near future.
No sure what you mean. I just didn't think the burden of him being captain in one game made any difference.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back