Opinion So will Kieran Strachan make his debut this week?

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s played a lot as a KPF too so fills the role previously held by JJ and which hasn’t been nailed down by either EH or Billy F.
I did forget about Hartigan but it would then mean an end to the McAsey forward experiment for the time being - I don't believe we can run 3 talls and Lynch up forward, not enough speed.

Exactly this. I don't see why we want to slow our side down with another tall given I don't see any of the other talls coming out.
Hartigan out for a start.

ROB in defence when Strachanie is on the ball.

Would be a great improvement to the side if Strauchan could develop to be an effective ruckman and handy going forward. 1, to change it up a bit in the centre bounces and 2, to give O’Brien a chance to impact forward or relieve in defence and give the side some flexibility.

We’re still playing like Jacobs is the ruckman - I.e. could play no other position than ruck. The coach, Clarke, was the same.

Would be a great improvement to the side if Strauchan could develop to be an effective ruckman and handy going forward. 1, to change it up a bit in the centre bounces and 2, to give O’Brien a chance to impact forward or relieve in defence and give the side some flexibility.

We’re still playing like Jacobs is the ruckman - I.e. could play no other position than ruck. The coach, Clarke, was the same.
Personally I would like to see Clarke go. We need change and fresh ideas. He's been there long enough. When he said in the his presser a week or two ago about bringing senior players back in I was ready to walk him out of the building there and then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally I would like to see Clarke go. We need change and fresh ideas. He's been there long enough. When he said in the his presser a week or two ago about bringing senior players back in I was ready to walk him out of the building there and then.
We seem to get things upside down. A stable head coach with assistants coming and going, bringing fresh ideas, would seem a better way to go.

Exactly this. I don't see why we want to slow our side down with another tall given I don't see any of the other talls coming out.
I reckon Harto drops out and Fish goes back, or Fish gets dropped which I hope he doesn't.

I think Phillips is a card carrying member of the Callum Chambers Club too, he's played very well against us in the past.

If Strachan proves he can ruck at AFL level, I would use ROB in the David Pittman role. Pittman played at CHB as well as the ruck. Play ROB at CHB, spelling the ruckman when he needs a break. CHB is where is played a lot as a Junior and did very well. Good mark!

Last edited:
If Strachan proves he can ruck at AFL level, I would use ROB in the David Pittman role. Pittman played at CHB as well as the ruck. Play ROB at CHB, spelling the ruckman when he needs a break. CHB is where is played a lot as a Junior and did very well. Good mark!

I think that is a good suggestion.

He was never going to debut when Rowey said he was on Monday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back