So, you believe in conspiracy theories, do you? You probably also think you're the Emperor of Pluto

Remove this Banner Ad

JFK quote- "For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy that relies primarily on covert means for expanding its sphere of influence..."

Conspiracies happen, it's human nature, Elvis is alive, flat earth, fake moon landings are just wacky though. This JFK speech is what made me first become interested in high level conspiracies. The guts of it starts around 5 minutes 30 seconds, the WOW! moment around 9 minutes 45 seconds. Power and money is what it's all about, us serfs would have no idea what goes on in the highest echelons of power on a global scale.

If you listen to the full speech I don't know how you can come to the conclusion that our voted in bought and paid for politicians are not puppets for those who hold the real power ie. Global financial conglomerates, big oil, military industrial complex, big pharma etc.

Last edited:

JFK quote- "For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy that relies primarily on covert means for expanding its sphere of influence..."

Conspiracies happen, it's human nature, Elvis is alive, flat earth, fake moon landings are just wacky though. This JFK speech is what made me first become interested in high level conspiracies. The guts of it starts around 5 minutes 30 seconds, the WOW! moment around 9 minutes 45 seconds. Power and money is what it's all about, us serfs would have no idea what goes on in the highest echelons of power on a global scale.

If you listen to the full speech I don't know how you can come to the conclusion that our voted in bought and paid for politicians are not puppets for those who hold the real power ie. Global financial conglomerates, big oil, military industrial complex, big pharma etc.

Nice post. That was an absorbing listen.

Re the bolded ~ you might find this interesting(if not already seen)...almost 3 hours long but quite fascinating.

Is it a "conspiracy theory" when the official account is simply implausible?

For example, I don't think you need to be some paranoid basement nutter to question the account of what happened to Jeffrey Epstein.

Is it a "conspiracy theory" to suggest that maybe he was either killed or induced to kill himself?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So that latest one doing the rounds (yesterday) is that Brad Pitt in an interview in 2017 said that there was an active pedophile ring in Hollywood and that this powerful elite ran the Hollywood Studios

Except.....the article was Fact Checked in 2017 and found to be a complete Hoax, Pitt gave no such interview

But does this stop the loones from peddling it again now.....of course not

For example, I don't think you need to be some paranoid basement nutter to question the account of what happened to Jeffrey Epstein.

Is it a "conspiracy theory" to suggest that maybe he was either killed or induced to kill himself?
The modern understanding of 'conspiracy' is far-removed from its dictionary definition.

Did Epstein kill himself? Probably not in my opinion. That's a conspiracy theory I choose to believe.

There's no doubt conspiracies exist.

People and companies do collude for their own gain.

But that's no reason to accept every nutty, evidence-free theory that drops in your social media feed.

Right. So I don't understand why you'd then respond to a hyperbole no one offered.
Chip on your shoulder a mile wide mate. Chill out.

It is utterly obvious that I was:

1) making a general statement agreeing with your point - People conspire.
2) reiterating the entire point of this thread, being that some people take this fact and go too far - The existence of conspiracies is not in itself proof of OTHER conspiracy theories.

Try pausing before you read posts. Assume they are not personal attacks. Then start to read.

Chip on your shoulder a mile wide mate. Chill out.

It is utterly obvious that I was:

1) making a general statement agreeing with your point - People conspire.
2) reiterating the entire point of this thread, being that some people take this fact and go too far - The existence of conspiracies is not in itself proof of OTHER conspiracy theories.

Try pausing before you read posts. Assume they are not personal attacks. Then start to read.
Of course you shouldn't "accept every nutty, evidence-free theory that drops in your social media feed".

Has anyone suggested otherwise?

Of course you shouldn't "accept every nutty, evidence-free theory that drops in your social media feed".

Has anyone suggested otherwise?
Have you seen the internet lately?

Have you seen the internet lately?
Do you calibrate your responses according to the dumbest things you encounter anywhere online?

I mean, I'm sure you could find some muppet somewhere who claims the world is flat. I'm not sure that means it becomes something that needs to be refuted as a starting point.

Or maybe it's an occupational hazard for you.

Last edited:
Do you calibrate your responses according to the dumbest things you encounter anywhere online?

I mean, I'm sure you could find some muppet somewhere who claims the world is flat. I'm not sure that means it becomes something that needs to be refuted as a starting point.
It's worth discussing, even if just for the entertainment value.

Some people "calibrating their responses according to the dumbest thing they encountered online":

Carl Sagan:

It is useful to have a simple way to refute the theory to lower the number of people sucked in by it, stopping some of them going down the whole conspiracy rabbit hole to begin with.

Why do you think it shouldn't be discussed?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back