So, you believe in conspiracy theories, do you? You probably also think you're the Emperor of Pluto

So that latest one doing the rounds (yesterday) is that Brad Pitt in an interview in 2017 said that there was an active pedophile ring in Hollywood and that this powerful elite ran the Hollywood Studios

Except.....the article was Fact Checked in 2017 and found to be a complete Hoax, Pitt gave no such interview

But does this stop the loones from peddling it again now.....of course not
I know of at least one actor who made that claim before dying in mysterious circumstamnces but it wasn't Brad Pitt. I can't remember who it was (I don't really follow celebrity culture but they weren't Brad Pitt famous,) and I don't really care ... but its *en Hollywood. As if this stuff doesn't happen. As that Weinstein prick proved anywhere there is the sort of power imbalance between the people that own movies and the people that want to be making or starring in movies then all sorts of room for exploitation is suddenly opened up. Epstein's thing is another example. Its no one side pf politics either, tho in the US its usually republicans who chase younger girls and boys. I can't be bothered chasing ten year old websites but there was one that listed us political sex scandals and it was pretty eye opening.

Its also worth mentioning that this is LA. 14 year old groupies rooting Jimmy Page or Bowie didn't raise an eyelid in the 70s.

Most democrats seem to like just sleeping around but they cop way more s**t for it. The Republicans have all sorts of skeletons in their collective closet.

Its kind of typical that people who spread conspiracy theories like the one you mentioned with Brad Pitt don't care enough about what they are doing to get the details right. Its the rush that matters. Its the same dopamine rush that losing it at a political enemy on twitter provides.

JFK quote- "For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy that relies primarily on covert means for expanding its sphere of influence..."

Conspiracies happen, it's human nature, Elvis is alive, flat earth, fake moon landings are just wacky though. This JFK speech is what made me first become interested in high level conspiracies. The guts of it starts around 5 minutes 30 seconds, the WOW! moment around 9 minutes 45 seconds. Power and money is what it's all about, us serfs would have no idea what goes on in the highest echelons of power on a global scale.

If you listen to the full speech I don't know how you can come to the conclusion that our voted in bought and paid for politicians are not puppets for those who hold the real power ie. Global financial conglomerates, big oil, military industrial complex, big pharma etc.

Even tho this is a bit out of date its still worth reading. (I dunno about the website, seems like a 9/11 truth site, but I'm linking it anyway as its the only copy of this essay I can find. Its the intro to a book, a book that's frankly not anywhere near as good as its intro, its shite.)

Jun 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Even tho this is a bit out of date its still worth reading. (I dunno about the website, seems like a 9/11 truth site, but I'm linking it anyway as its the only copy of this essay I can find. Its the intro to a book, a book that's frankly not anywhere near as good as its intro, its sh*te.)

The banks definitely hold the real power. This bit is interesting too.

...As Edward Luttwak documents in his cheerfully Machiavellian little text, The Coup d'Etat, more governments have been changed, since World War II by the coup d'Etat than by any other method. More governments have been changed by coup than by all the democratic elections and revolutions combined.

Since every coup is by definition a conspiracy, this means that conspiracies have had more effect on the past 40 years of world history than all the electoral politics and all the popular revolutions added together. That is rather ominous, in a period when "educated" opinion holds that it is infamous, nutty, eccentric or downright paranoid to think about conspiracies at all. We are, in effect, forbidden to think about how the planet is actually governed...

The banks definitely hold the real power. This bit is interesting too.
Its an interesting read, but Robert Anton Wilson is a very interesting writer. It was written about a decade after NT banks refused to loan the city money.

He co wrote the Illuminatus Trilogy taking the piss out of conspiracy theorists, people who don't take conspiracy theories seriously and everyone in between. After growing up thru the depression, wars and the fifties he got given some acid and became a 60s radical, editor at Playboy and a whole lot of other stuff.

Have you guys heard about the Jewish Space Laser? I always wondered how fire works, and now this explains everything...

Yes. its old news. That one was doing the rounds before Trump was elected. IT wasn't the "Jewish Space Laser" tho. The term people were using was direct energy weapons or DEWs. Tho there is a bit of a difference between an active denial system and "HAARP make bush burn." Neo nazis are currently appropriating every wild idea they can to lay at the feet or Soros and the Jews.

Jan 12, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
This is exactly how they did it with the Lizard People too

1612311280494.png

Where's hyperloop?

Nevada, and first human test runs were done in November (although on a micro 500m track and only up to 100mph for a few seconds)

the big challenge is when the pods are rocking 1000kph and have to bank a turn

Vassp

Premiership Player
Jun 30, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Charlie Brooker - what's not to like?

So, you believe in conspiracy theories, do you? You probably also think you're the Emperor of Pluto

* Charlie Brooker
o Charlie Brooker
o The Guardian,
o Monday July 14 2008

I've got a theory - an untested, unprovable theory - that the more interesting your life is at any given point, the less lurid and spectacular your dreams will be. Think of it as a balancing procedure carried out by the brain to stop you getting bored to death.

If your waking life is mundane, it'll inject some thrills into your night-time imaginings to maintain a healthy overall fun quotient. So if you work in a cardboard box factory, and your job is to stare at the side of each box as it passes along a conveyor belt, to ensure they're all uniform and boxy enough - and you do this all day, every day, until your mind grows so dissociated and numb you can scarcely tell where the cardboard ends and your body begins - when your daily routine is THAT dull, chances are you'll spend each night dreaming you're the Emperor of Pluto, wrestling a 6ft green jaguar during a meteor storm in the desert just outside Vegas.

All well and good in the world of dreams. But if you continue to believe you're the Emperor of Pluto after you've woken up, and you go into work and start knocking the boxes around with a homemade sceptre while screaming about your birthright, you're in trouble.

I mention this because recently I've found myself bumping into people - intelligent, level-headed people - who are sincerely prepared to entertain the notion that there might be something in some of the less lurid 9/11 conspiracy theories doing the rounds. They mumble about the "controlled demolition" of WTC 7 (oft referred to as "the third tower"), or posit the notion that the Bush administration knew 9/11 was coming and let it happen anyway. I mean, you never know, right? Right? And did I tell you I'm the Emperor of Pluto?

The glaring problem - and it's glaring in 6,000 watt neon, so vivid and intense you can see it from space with your eyes glued shut - is that with any 9/11 conspiracy theory you care to babble can be summed up in one word: paperwork.

Imagine the paperwork. Imagine the level of planning, recruitment, coordination, control, and unbelievable nerve required to pull off a conspiracy of that magnitude. Really picture it in detail. At the very least you're talking about hiring hundreds of civil servants cold-hearted enough to turn a blind eye to the murder of thousands of their fellow countrymen. If you were dealing with faultless, emotionless robots - maybe. But this almighty conspiracy was presumably hatched and executed by fallible humans. And if there's one thing we know about humans, it's that our inherent unreliability will always derail the simplest of schemes.

It's hard enough to successfully operate a video shop with a staff of three, for Christ's sake, let alone slaughter thousands and convince the world someone else was to blame.

That's just one broad objection to all the bullshit theories. But try suggesting it to someone in the midst of a 9/11 fairytale reverie, and they'll pull a face and say, "Yeah, but ... " and start banging on about some easily misinterpreted detail that "makes you think" (when it doesn't) or "contradicts the official story" (when you misinterpret it). Like nutbag creationists, they fixate on thinly spread, cherry-picked nuggets of "evidence" and ignore the thundering mass of data pointing the other way.

And when repeatedly pressed on that one, basic, overall point - that a conspiracy this huge would be impossible to pull off - they huff and whine and claim that unless you've sat through every nanosecond of Loose Change (the conspiracy flick du jour) and personally refuted every one of its carefully spun "findings" before their very eyes, using a spirit level and calculator, you have no right to an opinion on the subject.

Oh yeah? So if my four-year-old nephew tells me there's a magic leprechaun in the garden I have to spend a week meticulously peering underneath each individual blade of grass before I can tell him he's wrong, do I?

Look hard enough, and dementedly enough, and you can find "proof" that Kevin Bacon was responsible for 9/11 - or the 1987 Zeebrugge ferry disaster, come to that. It'd certainly make for a more interesting story, which is precisely why several thousand well-meaning people would go out of their way to believe it. Throughout my twenties I earnestly believed Oliver Stone's account of the JFK assassination. Partly because of the compelling (albeit wildly selective) way the "evidence" was blended with fiction in his 1991 movie - but mainly because I WANTED to believe it. Believing it made me feel important.

Embrace a conspiracy theory and suddenly you're part of a gang sharing privileged information; your sense of power and dignity rises a smidgen and this troublesome world makes more sense, for a time. You've seen through the matrix! At last you're alive! You ARE the Emperor of Pluto after all!

Except - ahem - you're only deluding yourself, your majesty. Because to believe the "system" is trying to control you is to believe it considers you worth controlling in the first place. The reality - that "the man" is scarcely competent enough to control his own bowels, and doesn't give a toss about you anyway - is depressing and emasculating; just another day in the cardboard box factory. And that's no place for an imaginary emperor, now, is it?

Hi, interesting read, except your theory has many flaws, just one example is to say no government has no or wants no control of its people is completely and utterly false.

The people who look meticulously are the ones who find facts. The ones with minds in the clouds don't find many if any.

Back