Competition So You Think We Won't Clash - Week 17 - Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 30, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Dolphins, Seattle Kraken
SYTWWC_Cover.png

After a 15-week hiatus sitting just outside, exile has hit back with an on-the-siren thriller! Wowee!

But forget all that, week 17 is upon us and the team is the Footscray Western Bulldogs.

The issue for us is that the dogs have such a limited colour selection, the only colours left for them were a horrible terracotta-y tomato-y red from their Origin-sponsored travesty, a randomy steel grey from their Thor-themed kit (although this colour was never the main colour), or their traditional royal blue. In the interest of sanity, the bulldogs will have royal blue as their colour.

The Rules

• You must build a single AFL kit for this weeks chosen AFL team using the specific colour mentioned above as the primary colour. This colour is chosen from all the colours ever worn by the selected team. Please try to stick specifically to the colour, as subsequent teams may use different shades of the same colour spectrum.
  • Only a jersey is required, but you are welcome to make a full kit.
  • The jersey cannot be an exact replica/recolour of existing or previous jerseys.
  • A winner is chosen by voting.
  • The winner of each week chooses the next team.
  • Please post your winning team choice along with your entry
  • Each subsequent team will use a unique colour to each team.
  • Standard AFL logo/sponsors and placement apply
  • Entries for this comp will run until this saturday.

small_dashed.png

Previous Weeks winning design:

Week 1 Melbourne - Magpienato
    Week 2 GWS - exile
    Week 3 Sydney - Magpienato
    Week 4 Essendon - Fancyscum
    Week 5 Fremantle - GB Designs
    Week 6 Brisbane - Fancyscum
    Week 7 Adelaide - just_kick_it
    Week 8 Geelong - GB Designs
    Week 9 Port Adelaide - mk1ne
    Week 10 St Kilda - magpienato
    Week 11 Umpires - just_kick_it
    Week 12 Carlton - fancyscum
    Week 13 Hawthorn - The Victorian
    Week 14 Collingwood - GB Designs
    Week 15 West Coast - Bacon Warrior
    Week 16 Gold Coast - exile
Any questions, please ask!

A Bulldogs clash Guernsey in... blue.
My take on this comp was that the designs are for the sole jumper of clubs in a hypothetical redo-style makeover of the league where every club “owns” a specific colour, rendering clash jumpers unnecessary. The Bulldogs just get lucky that they end up with their primary colour I guess, shame they never used green or something

My take on this comp was that the designs are for the sole jumper of clubs in a hypothetical redo-style makeover of the league where every club “owns” a specific colour, rendering clash jumpers unnecessary. The Bulldogs just get lucky that they end up with their primary colour I guess, shame they never used green or something
Yeah spot on for the goal. A lot of clubs (for example Geelong, Tigers) have such limited colour selections that they limit choices for other clubs. The Gold Coast Suns are terrible for it in that they have literlly worn about 4 colours in their short tenure, which makes them a hard sell. Collingwood also have been so traditional that they make it harder for the rest of the teams. To be honest the Lions have the broadest colour selections of any team, purely just for their crazy experimentation and plethora of different jumper designs.

A Bulldogs clash Guernsey in... blue.

The goal wasn't to give a team a clash jumper, it was to try and make each team own a colour thereby making them not clash (which is impossible). I tried really hard to ensure each team had a colour that still represented "them". Unfortunately we're at the pointy end, an even though azure blue and royal blue are similar, i opted to give the dogs 'their' colour in place of their only other real option left; origin red.

Debating semantics in fictional leagues is always fun. I personally purport that Bulldogs, unfortunately, have to go with Origin red. First in best dressed etc.

Royal blue might be more "sane", but leaves little room for creativity. Using a non-traditional colour to create the essence of a Footscray jumper would be more challenging and fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back