Media So you want to start a break away league

Was this a helpful and fairly comprehensive guide?

• Yes

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Undecided

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Possibly, but I think to truly get an accurate answer it would require someone to go through with it

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Manchester City, Collingwood AFLW
Hi all, your friendly neighbourhood PMBangers here with another helpful guide to the complicated process of creating a break away league. Now now I know what you're thinking, "But Bangers, why would anyone want to create a break away league?" and it's an excellent question my dear fan/friend/viewer. There's a few reasons you may want to create a breakaway league whilst maintaining a few premises of the SFA, you may feel you don't have a lot of agency around the place, whether that's around key league based decisions, how recruitment drives (i.e tours) are run, you may feel like the league isn't what you want, you may think it should be friendlier, or harder, or more exclusive, or less exclusive. Hell, you may just want new teams, or maybe Qooty isn't your preferred simulated sport!

presenter.jpg

The truth is, I don't care what your motivations are, I'm just here to provide a quick, easy to follow and implement run down on the basics of your new league!

Consideration #1: What simulated sport will you league be based around?
Now of course you can continue your Qooty dreams and career in a break away league, Mobbs was kind enough not to copyright the software meaning if you so wish you can charge entry into the threads of your new league, profiting off work that isn't your own, hell we do it all the time, but I encourage you to investigate other simulated sports as well. If you are looking to stick with text based programs, Quiditch is indeed an option, and has less players per team, allowing you to have a lot more teams in your new league if you wish. If you don't want it to be entirely team based, why not try text based wrestling along the lines of PhenomenalV1 and The Half Back SFAEW, that way you don't need to worry about individual teams weighing your league posting down!

quidditch.jpeg
PMBangers tries his hand at text based quidditch

There is also of course, the option of drifting away from text based sports games, with franchises such as NBA2k, FIFA, PES, AFL Evolution, Football Manager, the options are endless for games that will allow you to film simulated games and put some graphics to it, rather than the text based style of the SFA, and it'd be a real point of difference for your league going into the future!

fifa.jpg

Consideration #2: Where can my break away league go?

Great question, the way I see it you have two options. The first is to find a spot on the current forum we use, Bigfooty that is, and see if you can weasel your way in.

fantasy games board.PNG
I have here a picture of the current 'Fantasy Football and Footy Games' section within bigfooty, and have highlighted the boards I feel Chief may be willing to drop in order to accommodate any possible break away league

your league here.png

The boards highlight in green I feel are currently prime spots for YOUR potential break away league, and heel the SFA may well join them, and I think that the site supers may very well be open to the idea of a fresh new fantasy competition to get the site up and about with something new again!

The other option of course is starting a fresh website where you won't be stuck down by the rules of Bigfooty and the [REDACTED] moderators, it'll be a regular free for all if you so please! Making your own website is easy, you can use wordpress or wix and be up within 5 minutes, I think, I never really tried. Anyway I'm not here to teach you how to make a website!

Consideration #3: How would I recruit like minded users?
Recruitment is difficult even in the SFA, an established and fairly well known league, so how would one recruit to a break away league? Well there's quite a few options really, and I've thought about a few but don't limit yourself to my ideas, because there are surely more ideas out there! The first idea is to ask the general SFA of course, if you're feeling the need for a change surely others are too! Start off by pressing 'Post Thread'

post thread.PNG

Make sure you're in an appropriate board beforehand of course! Once there, you want to type up something appealing and likely to catch the eye

the thread you would post.PNG

And then, when you're done, press the circled 'Post Thread' and roll in the applications it will bring?

But Bangers?
Yes?
What if I want specific people to join my break away league?
Well that's easy, send some personalised messages, really try and grip them with a 'selling' point! for example:
bastyy on bigfooty.PNG
headless.PNG
recruitment pm attmept.PNG

And if bigfooty doesn't work, you can always go to other platforms of course!

Like discord:
recruitment discord attempt.PNG
Or Twitter:
bastyy says yes in twittere.PNG
Or Text your loved ones:
mum says no.PNG
Or even look at some more 'real' advertising

download.jpg
beggar-12892264.jpg

Closing thoughts:
There are of course many more things to consider when looking at starting up a break away league venture, but we feel that there is more than enough information here to get you started, with a leg up on your competition! So thank you for reading, and welcome, to your future paradise league!
paradise your new league.png
Bangers Media obtained permission from all users to post screenshots of the private messages

(Log in to remove this ad.)

why don't we just try and fail to reboot BFFCL again

Can I suggest the Bigfooty Regional Leagues Forums Fantasy Football League?
Asking for Itsmyshow .
Nah I've seen myself be referred to as a scumbag on those forums so I refuse to go back

Back