Discussion Soccer/Association Football New Kits

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbh I like the Norwich kit. It's got some attention to a club usually devoid of it, and these days internet OMGs are a decent way to get exposure and interest. As many have said, this will be worn maybe twice at most as Norwich's unique colours mean even an away shirt is near on superfluous. It'll be revenue raising and it's a bit of fun. Who cares?

Arsenal away is trash. Said it before and I'll repeat it 'til the season ends, it looks like it should have Dreamcast splashed on the front and be listed on CFS as 'rare one-off worn for UEFA Cup qualification match.' It just looks (fifteen years) passé.

I don't even like Soccer, so I've only seen a few isolated snaps of it, but that Victory shirt tonight is an absolute beauty.
The Simmons logo fits in well in all white.

Just piss of the Adidas stripes and it's probably the best one going.

I don't even like Soccer, so I've only seen a few isolated snaps of it, but that Victory shirt tonight is an absolute beauty.
The Simmons logo fits in well in all white.

Just piss of the Adidas stripes and it's probably the best one going.

Just came here to post this. Reason why it looks so good is because A) there's no A-League logo at all (and if people think the front looks imbalanced, you would just have Adidas on the left breast) and then B) the Simonds logo is not obtrusive and all one colour. Our best sponsor was still Samsung, years back, but last night's wasn't bad (I think we had Legendairy for the Liverpool game a couple of years ago which looked similarly good). Shame about the KFC logo still hanging about but to be fair they've been with us from the start.

I don't know if we've actually signed a replacement sponsor for CTI since they went under, not long after rebranding to VIA. I was waiting all year for when we would iron on the rebranded sponsor and it never came. Maybe they knew something we didn't.

FB_IMG_1469299351328.jpg

I look at that Juve shirt though and see it as classic looking.

Yet it has about five logos on it, something on the left, middle, and right chest, but it still looks way tidier despite A-League clubs usually having that amount of business on their shirts. There is something weirdly askew about Australian domestic kits, and I think it may boil down to sleeve sponsorships and short logos. Even the great looking Roar kit still had a sub-par thing to it...

I don't rate the victory shirt.The V needs to be higher and the darker chevrons need to be removed.
I don't know if we've actually signed a replacement sponsor for CTI since they went under, not long after rebranding to VIA. I was waiting all year for when we would iron on the rebranded sponsor and it never came. Maybe they knew something we didn't.
A new sponsor deal would be penned before the new season starts I'd say. Shame the Simonds sponsor is only for the ICC.

Celtic 2016-17 third shirt.
celtic-16-17-third-kit-2.jpg
celtic-16-17-third-kit-3.jpg

I look at that Juve shirt though and see it as classic looking.

Yet it has about five logos on it, something on the left, middle, and right chest, but it still looks way tidier despite A-League clubs usually having that amount of business on their shirts. There is something weirdly askew about Australian domestic kits, and I think it may boil down to sleeve sponsorships and short logos. Even the great looking Roar kit still had a sub-par thing to it...
It's well balanced. The tall club logo, the adidas logo and the circular logo on the RIGHT breast and the Champions logo in the middle
Whereas the adidas logo on the Victory kit is under the collar. If it were moved to the right breast.. :fire::fire:

I've seen a heap of the new Barca shirts around and while they look very clean (and almost fake) without a sponsor, that awful Fifa Club World Cup champions logo in the middle totally ruins it. Happened to a lesser extent with the last Real kit. Would much rather something smaller or simply not at all

I've seen a heap of the new Barca shirts around and while they look very clean (and almost fake) without a sponsor, that awful Fifa Club World Cup champions logo in the middle totally ruins it. Happened to a lesser extent with the last Real kit. Would much rather something smaller or simply not at all
It always struck me as weird, simply because it's such an irrelevant competition. Maybe it's FIFA enforced? Like the World Cup one?

It always struck me as weird, simply because it's such an irrelevant competition. Maybe it's FIFA enforced? Like the World Cup one?

it is, and I am fine with the concept, but it's been so poorly executed. The patch is so unnecesarily bulky. drives me crazy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AUFC have always had plain cup shirts. I'd expect to see some navy and yellow on the actual shirt
Last year was a decent design, also I hope they can match the red on the shirt to the IGA logo on the actual shirt because it looks a bit washed out on this one.

fN8SFyA.png

New Adelaide United FFA cup kit w/ IGA and Macron
hopefully the shirt for the A-league and CL is a lot better.
This is a horrible strip, reminds me of the forgotten A-League pre-season strips before the first season started.

I also don't get the IGA/SA thing? I thought IGA exists everywhere? Shouldn't it be Foodworks? It's a shame the FFA showed some morality and cut out alcohol sponsorships (although, it's obvious they did it to keep government funding) and thus end the Coopers deal. Adelaide United and Coopers could have been a classic partnership. So far their deals have been okay, and even this is alright, but one day they will end up with a shocker.

I still don't get why clubs wear FFA Cup shirts though. What's the point? Dilutes the brand and we aren't a big enough sport to be able to exploit them for extra money. I honestly see it as more cost than benefit.

This is a horrible strip, reminds me of the forgotten A-League pre-season strips before the first season started.

I also don't get the IGA/SA thing? I thought IGA exists everywhere? Shouldn't it be Foodworks? It's a shame the FFA showed some morality and cut out alcohol sponsorships (although, it's obvious they did it to keep government funding) and thus end the Coopers deal. Adelaide United and Coopers could have been a classic partnership. So far their deals have been okay, and even this is alright, but one day they will end up with a shocker.

I still don't get why clubs wear FFA Cup shirts though. What's the point? Dilutes the brand and we aren't a big enough sport to be able to exploit them for extra money. I honestly see it as more cost than benefit.
Because they think the a league is the premier league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back