Discussion Soccer/Association Football New Kits

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
21032664_10150876786429944_5022957078002289473_n.jpg

21034469_10150876786424944_8589445348328045766_n.jpg

Victory drawing on their fans for the away kit, recognising they are all bogans with their southern cross tatts.

In all honesty though, it's all really close to being good but falling short once more for the Victory which for me should be up their with the best kits in the league. They still wont go back to the best chevron option they first adopted, and they can't quite get sponsors that look aesthetically pleasing...although not having a big red box like Adecco is a win of sorts.

I do love the away kit though, in a more slim fit it would look ace.

Away is really nice. Home kit is trying it's hardest to minimalise the chevron and looks a bit weak, but overall pretty good.

21032664_10150876786429944_5022957078002289473_n.jpg

21034469_10150876786424944_8589445348328045766_n.jpg

Our 2017/18 home and away playing jerseys are available now to purchase from the Victory Shop.
Our new-look away jersey features a graphic interpretation of the southern hemisphere's night sky, featuring constellations as viewed from Australia.

Our dominance in Australian football is championed further through the placement of the Southern Cross alongside the club crest.

For the first time, the design features a new feature colour, “energy red”, in addition to our traditional navy and white. Our tradition is retained through the chevron device, synonymous with Melbourne Victory, while the iconic adidas three stripes are placed down the side of the jersey.

Both the home and away jerseys feature the new Hyundai A-League branding, uniquely coloured for Melbourne Victory.

A collaborative venture between Melbourne Victory and adidas, the refined fit of the jersey enables players to perform at their game day best on the pitch. Inclusion of the moisture wicking innovation of adidas Climalite technology within the new jersey ensures players remain cool and dry all season long.

Our home and away jerseys are available to purchase now from the Victory Shop, with a 10% discount applicable for 2017/18 Melbourne Victory members.

http://www.melbournevictory.com.au/...pyid7vjopqsk1uak7y8ykvy0j#1l2QptjVK6k05rGs.99

Home kit has too much going on, would have been better with a solid chevron instead of that fade thing.

Away kit would be good without the 80pt sponsor and the stars which make it look like you've got a bad case of dandruff.

CCM kits 17/18.
De-Silva-Home-1__1188732951.jpg
Tom-Hiariej-Away__458918659.jpg
Danny DeSilva is at Central Coast now?! Man what a waste of talent. Gotta love the tattoos though... up there with Messi in terms of tough stickers...

Nice shirts though.

The Victory one is s**t. Amazing how the Mariners have the same things to incorporate yet their shirt is so clean looking despite it having stripes.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

@CCM:
tumblr_na1zxrAw0r1tx89wko1_250.gif

*us

Let's think about this for a second. Assuming for the Nix V CCM matchup in NZ, we wear OUR yellow and black stripey kit, black socks and shorts, with a yellow back... What will CCM wear? Their kits don't provide enough contrast for this match. Their home is probably like our home and their yellow away creates more issues whenever our players turn around.
Idiots. Prepare a third kit, Mariners.

Was never a big fan of the home shirt anyway, but the doubling-up of the sponsor has just made it even worse. The new away kit though... its like its so close, but yet so far. I really like the basic design of it, but the constellation, the gradients on the sleeves, and the random bit of red on the collar all conspire to bring the final product down. There is no need to be too clever, just a solid navy top section there and that would be a ripper.

Interestingly our home and away kits are now out of kilter with one another. We only used the 15/16 home shirt for one season, but kept that season's away kit for two. I wonder if this is a deliberate decision to ensure at least one new kit every season, or if they'll try and get them back together at some point.

@CCM:
tumblr_na1zxrAw0r1tx89wko1_250.gif

*us

Let's think about this for a second. Assuming for the Nix V CCM matchup in NZ, we wear OUR yellow and black stripey kit, black socks and shorts, with a yellow back... What will CCM wear? Their kits don't provide enough contrast for this match. Their home is probably like our home and their yellow away creates more issues whenever our players turn around.
Idiots. Prepare a third kit, Mariners.
You sound like a Sydney fan complaining about city wearing blue, except these stripes will be gone next year.

You sound like a Sydney fan complaining about city wearing blue, except these stripes will be gone next year.
I think I have a right to sound like that, don't I? I was fine with the thick stripes they had a few years ago, but the "3 stripe" thing is our thing :sweatsmile:

I think I have a right to sound like that, don't I? I was fine with the thick stripes they had a few years ago, but the "3 stripe" thing is our thing :sweatsmile:
I'm not questioning your right to say it, but at the same time, I'm not sure CCM are looking to steal the Wellington brand.

The Mariners had been around for three seasons and in a then eight team competition, the Phoenix decided to adopt essentially the same colours? They first wore black which was different enough but in a small competition if you choose the same colours as a different club then you can't really get huffy. Or, you know, you both inevitably bring out third strips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back