Discussion Soccer/Association Football New Kits

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This kit is so nice! Their stadium was "Reebok Stadium" too, Bolton and Reebok is such an iconic duo.
They actually have a lot of classic shirts, pretty underrated. Their home shirts were reserved and always focused on great collars but the alternate strips experimented with pin stripes, sashes, sleeves, and I can't remember them repeating colours... navy, mossy greens, royal blue, yellow, purple, sky blue and navy...

Plus that mid-2000s template is one of my favourites. The West Ham version and a few of the Man City ones from that period were great too.

Chuck in the uber tight, exposed stitching rashy-like Kappa, the angular then rounded Nike ones, plus the Umbro template with all the neck detail and it was actually a good time for templates.

They actually have a lot of classic shirts, pretty underrated. Their home shirts were reserved and always focused on great collars but the alternate strips experimented with pin stripes, sashes, sleeves, and I can't remember them repeating colours... navy, mossy greens, royal blue, yellow, purple, sky blue and navy...

Plus that mid-2000s template is one of my favourites. The West Ham version and a few of the Man City ones from that period were great too.

Chuck in the uber tight, exposed stitching rashy-like Kappa, the angular then rounded Nike ones, plus the Umbro template with all the neck detail and it was actually a good time for templates.
Adidas 2006-08 gets a "hell yeah" out of ten from me
Liverpool-v-Chelsea-Champions-League-Semi-Final-Second-Leg-Anfield.jpg

That era was really defined and dominated by templates. It's definitely a retro sort of thing because at the time people bemoaned it. Realistically though, templates have been a part of soccer almost forever. When Umbro, Admiral all came out they were doling out 'Arsenal' if you wanted coloured sleeves or 'Liverpool' if you wanted a deep v-neck. Pony, Le Coq did the same as well but they're all revered in their own way. Some of the best kits of all time just so happened to have the greatest players of all time wearing a well coloured version of one, basically.

vintage-mc-sports-le-coq-sportif-ad.jpg

le-coq-kits.jpg

vintage-mc-sports-adidas-ad.jpg

6dc1286fe3d520d838d217670619b195.jpg

Love the Umbro one because even with the same two colours on rotation (even down to the sponsors) they made it look unique. Reckon this home Brum strip is genuinely one of the greatest of all time:
KjgCvjiX.png
rdnMZWdi.png

nhUxtdFm.png
yxRwsaGt.png

Club logo is wrong also. Its the older version with the smaller “Melbourne” text.

I wouldn't be surprised if the design is a thick V with a thin line in the middle, much like the "Honda" text they have...
View attachment 551362

That was exactly my thought when I first saw that little Honda logo.

You would have thought they would have put extra emphasis on having a good kit this season given the exposure it will get through Bolt's signing. The white is pretty safe and works well, the home and the navy are just trash, the home looks like a s**t version of inter's kit from last season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah these are terrible strips.

The home, well it's trying to be really 90s and kitsch with the barcode stripes but it just doesn't work when you have a classic, up and down, 'preppy' sort of collar. These intensive designs worked on 1990s Newcastle United because there was the big single Newcy Brown star, a little logo, and the club crest. You chuck in all the words and logos of an A-League shirt and it just adds to the mess.

The away shirt, whatever the white one is... number one, why is the yellow on the A-League logo a different colour to the rest?

Secondly, if you're going to have a big blocky sponsor logo on a shiny looking tape then you need to focus the design on that, because otherwise the design element looks like an obstruction. Good sponsors complement or are unseen but here the stripes are the ones looking clutter-y. They could have put the yellow and blue right in the middle, Gudjohnsen, Duff, and early Drogba vibes.

The third strip is entirely redundant and sponsor aside, it just looks like some crappy template you'd... expect an A-League side to wear. What's wrong with a solid sash?

MVFC_SOCIALSQUARE_1280X1280_%5B1%5D.jpg

Melbourne Victory has unveiled a new home jersey for the 2018/19 Hyundai A-League season.

The jersey features a new-look chevron, which has been modernised with the latest adidas global football graphic.

Our jersey will feature a gold Champions crest, which we have the honour of wearing next season following our win in the 2017/18 Hyundai A-League Grand Final.

The jersey fabrication features a striking embossed pattern on the collegiate navy base.

Constructed of premium adidas Climalite fabric technology, players remain dry in every condition, allowing them to perform at their peak.

Our 2018/19 away jersey is an update on the shirt we won our 2017/18 Championship in, with an updated neckline, MVFC lockup on the back of the neck and Champions crest.

MVFC_SOCIALSQUARE_1280X1280_%5B1%5D.jpg

Melbourne Victory has unveiled a new home jersey for the 2018/19 Hyundai A-League season.

The jersey features a new-look chevron, which has been modernised with the latest adidas global football graphic.

Our jersey will feature a gold Champions crest, which we have the honour of wearing next season following our win in the 2017/18 Hyundai A-League Grand Final.

The jersey fabrication features a striking embossed pattern on the collegiate navy base.

Constructed of premium adidas Climalite fabric technology, players remain dry in every condition, allowing them to perform at their peak.

Our 2018/19 away jersey is an update on the shirt we won our 2017/18 Championship in, with an updated neckline, MVFC lockup on the back of the neck and Champions crest.
Hey, that pattern kinda looks like Fed Square.

Seriously yuck. That straight line cut doesn't do anything for me.

Calling it now, Nix will probably get the same pattern then but in black stripe form...

Wow, the execution is woeful. I made up a similar style concept for victory about six months back, I'll see it I can dig it up.

Makes me happy to be wearing my 18/19 Melbourne City training top at the moment, it may be a template but it is seriously the nicest looking football shirt you have ever seen and it fits and feels amazing!

I don’t outright hate it, but don’t exactly rate it either. We don’t have a sponsor yet so I don’t think they’ve released any full shots of it because of that. Would like to see some better photos before making full judgement and of course, it all depends on who the sponsor ends up being as to how well it all comes together.

This is a pretty cool option though...

6D08A699-E3CC-4113-8822-7026B5F1E918.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back