Status
Not open for further replies.

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
A classic 'wot if' got a bit of a reality check lately. No one cares and why should they, but the Canadian Premier League is all unveiled.

Canadian_Premier_League_Logo.png

Cavalry FC (Calgary, Alberta)
Cavalry_FC_Crest.png

FC Edmonton (Edmonton, Alberta)
275px-FC_Edmonton_Crest.png

Force FC (Hamilton, Ontario)
220px-Forge_FC_Crest.png

HFX Wanderers (Halifax, Nova Scotia)
275px-HFX_Wanderers_FC_logo.png

Pacific Football Club (Langford, British Columbia)
220px-Pacific_FC_Crest.png

Valour FC (Winnipeg, Manitoba)
180px-Valour_FC_logo.png

York 9 (York Region, Ontario)
275px-York_9_FC_Crest.png

The league logo is okay but it's just a bit weak. The colours and the space between everything on it means it'll just get lost in... everything. It's just not very clear and even when you concentrate on it, it's just not that good.

Basically the worse the team name the worse the logo. York 9 looks like one of those 'fake' emblems you see for like, 'Nivea For Men FC' or 'Medibank Legends FC' tied around some sports event. I get the name refers to nine towns in the region but eh. Force is just terrible all around and like some last-minute addition you make when you realise your made up league has an odd number of teams.

However I reckon Cavalry is a good name and logo despite a heap of people hating it. Calgary Cavalry is a bit too on the nose. I like the idea of using vague, unique, but connected nicknames for new soccer teams and being a bit abstract heaps – 'Arsenal' is a classic football club and yet it's not a traditional name. I pay it. The green is always a winner too. HFX Wanderers shouldn't be typed out like that except on a logo itself – call the club Halifax Wanderers – and the name is phoned in but I love two-tone blue and the logo is a pretty dece one. FC Edmonton is a little boring but it's a good boring.

The most interesting is the Pacific Football Club one... is the line or pitchfork symbolic of anything? The colours are good for a start up and suit the name a bit, but to me Vancouver is more grey and the Pacific Northwest is more trees and ocean than day-glo and 80s. It's like they thought they were in the total opposite corner of North America and thought they were in Miami. But... I dig the logo?

Macron are doing everything too. Ooph. Cannot tell you how much I hate all their s**t.

Last edited:

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
chelsea-connect-jersey-making.jpg

chelsea-connect-jersey-making.jpg

https://www.nike.com/gb/football/t/chelsea-connect-shirt-making/

I don't mind this – the Chelsea third shirt had a label you could scan and now you can use it to help design a new strip. I think the idea is cool but it's a shame it isn't enabled to totally design something. You just choose 'looks' and 'feels' and the 'attitude' so it's all fairly abstract (or vague, or entirely pointless depending on your cynicism) but I do like the idea.

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Wonderful. Liverpool next please.

Liverpool, Arsenal and United all being Adidas would be a first since they were still using the trefoil.
It's weird (to me) to really have any or all of these teams in Adidas.

I know Liverpool did for quite a while during a time when I was probably most into soccer (as well as the 80s ad 90s), but there's something I like about Liverpool being with secondary companies. Love their Reebok strips from the Chooky Fowler up to the Kewell days. I like New Balance a lot too but Porto and Celtic get the better designs.

Most of all though I just really struggle to like Adidas's strips. I want to like them but their fits are out of whack (really tube-like through the body, then ultra fitted, tight, short on the arms?). Their training and retro stuff is the best going around though so that's what I'm most keen for. I love us with Nike the most though and really wanted that back but yeah, gonna be interesting how they go for us.

_Damo_

Club Legend
Nov 28, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Honestly, as much as I love adidas, I've actually loved what New Balance has done with our apparel. Our last two kits have been, without exaggeration, my personal favourite home kits. Ever. And some of the of field wear has been amazing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
My issue is the only good Adidas and Arsenal concepts are literally just tops from 1991.

The newer ones are still the dull, boxy, not innovative-nor subtle thing that's plagued their strips for a majority of the 2000s. They love these little elements but everything else is so boring it just bogs it down. Do one or the other or be a lot smarter about balancing.

Jul 17, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
View attachment 571763

A decent A-League sponsor logo

Best looking sponsor we've had since the Samsung days. Looks as though they're going to be on both home and away kits too which is good - should mean we can wear navy blue away against the likes of Adelaide, Sydney and Brisbane again.

Only concern is the fact that despite having one of the biggest names the league has seen and coming off the back of a Championship, we only secured a major sponsor ten days out from the start of the season, and that sponsor just happens to be owned by one of the clubs board members.

Just a shame about the V

I don't think it will look too bad from a distance at the match, and it will probably look better on TV as well. It looks shocking now, but because all we've seen of the shirt is in close-up pictures, it's hard to make a judgement

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Risdon is such a little pug-faced bogan. Looks like he should be on the Penrith line.

JD Sports is annoying. I don't get it. It works in the UK because they have a duopoly with Sports Direct but here they're going after the same market as Universal Store/General Pants/Glue/Rebel. You walk in and they sell the exact same Kappa trackies, Ellesse tees, Wrangler bikinis, and Nike TNs. It's disappointing because their online store has so much cool s**t, all these trackie tops and bottoms, *in Swansea and Fulham strips, heaps of boots, bloody England training shorts. If they stocked soccer stuff online it would be so much better/I'd go in there feeling the sleeves like the unit I am.

Risdon is such a little pug-faced bogan. Looks like he should be on the Penrith line.

JD Sports is annoying. I don't get it. It works in the UK because they have a duopoly with Sports Direct but here they're going after the same market as Universal Store/General Pants/Glue/Rebel. You walk in and they sell the exact same Kappa trackies, Ellesse tees, Wrangler bikinis, and Nike TNs. It's disappointing because their online store has so much cool s**t, all these trackie tops and bottoms, ****in Swansea and Fulham strips, heaps of boots, bloody England training shorts. If they stocked soccer stuff online it would be so much better/I'd go in there feeling the sleeves like the unit I am.

well the boy is from Bunbury... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back