Not open for further replies.
Jun 12, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Leaked Western Vnited logo:
5a1e653e89bf0e4c6a6b62236dc818686fbdad16

Awfvl.

Y9fIqcj.png

In the same theme as above, the German women's team will be wearing their own take on the classic 1990 kit - which I much prefer to the 2018 men's kit.

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
When I saw that Australia shirt, I looked at the current ones on the rack above and just thought 'oh yeah, just a photoshop effort.' Next minute another version is on footyheadlines and I realise there's a whole batch of them on the below rack.

I think it is a little lazy constantly going back to old designs, but it's actually awesome to have Nike care about an Australian team – they've at least put some learning into this one. And that print would have taken some effort. And it's just pretty plain sick to see it exist.

Do they usually do men's versions of the women's strips?

makri

Team Captain
Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'll go against the grain and say I'm not a big fan of that Matilda's kit. The original is a cult classic, but trying to recreate a modern version of it misses the mark for me.
Tend to agree, not a fan. Cant' say it really reminds of the Kingroo strips of the early 90's. Not sure what Nike have tried to do here on the other hand I really like what adidas have done with the German kit.

sam-kerr-backfilp-new-matildas-kit-1400x800.jpg

It's great. The socks really complete the look.

The men's cut has already sold out on the FFA store.
They're on sale already? might have to go down to my local rebel tomorrow see if they've got any.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yeah what the *, it was on the Nike store?! I was on their website this morning and none of the press photos even were.

The socks being patterned is pretty unique, I wonder why it never took off – the Perth Glory having Chicken Treat stitched on was ahead of the curve – and it helps out. The French away has polka dots on the shirt and socks.

france-national-team-kit-2019-performance-1-rectangle-1600.jpg

The men missed a trick not using this. It's even being discussed on the ABC News. It's bold and unique and gets people talking, and soccer in Australia needs attention in any way it can.

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
D1aE-4KVYAI9bmq.jpg

White socks look tidy.

I know everyone loves them on the Socceroos, but sometimes they can look a bit added-on and a second thought. Works well here because white is in the actual shirt's design.

In my opinion, our colours are unique enough that we should do whatever when it isn't a World Cup, but for World Cup's Australia should always be in a gold shirt, green shorts, and white socks. All green home, all gold home, white and green hoops, whatever. But keep the World Cup strict.

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle

Apparently not

This is a confusing photo though – this looks like Rebel and there's a Melbsity shirt next to it, which afaik isn't available in the W-League/womens fit. Is it a ladies one being sold in the men's racks? Are women's ones being sold? Is it actually a mens? Var-confused.

Apr 7, 2013
Burn City
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
This is a confusing photo though – this looks like Rebel and there's a Melbsity shirt next to it, which afaik isn't available in the W-League/womens fit. Is it a ladies one being sold in the men's racks? Are women's ones being sold? Is it actually a mens? Var-confused.
I reckon it's just the womens cut.

D1aE-4KVYAI9bmq.jpg

White socks look tidy.

I know everyone loves them on the Socceroos, but sometimes they can look a bit added-on and a second thought. Works well here because white is in the actual shirt's design.

In my opinion, our colours are unique enough that we should do whatever when it isn't a World Cup, but for World Cup's Australia should always be in a gold shirt, green shorts, and white socks. All green home, all gold home, white and green hoops, whatever. But keep the World Cup strict.
Where's this flick come from? All the other media has the patterned socks. Looks ******* great though. I reckon the shirt pattern looks like something you'd see on a pair of Quiksilver boardies circa 2006 but it works.

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
I reckon it's just the womens cut.

Where's this flick come from? All the other media has the patterned socks. Looks ******* great though. I reckon the shirt pattern looks like something you'd see on a pair of Quiksilver boardies circa 2006 but it works.
I think on the aleague reddit, can't remember.

The women's shorts look so comfy. I own a pair of 90s FC Sion Nike shorts, player issues, and they're short and comfy. I tried on a pair of recent Nike Holland ones at the op shop and they were super low, baggy in the thigh, then tight on the arse and waist. Shocking fit. Would love to see someone change up mens shorts.

Speaking of which, anyone own a recent Nike strip in a small? I wear a medium and have a Nigeria one, fits well everywhere but it's really long and tubey looking. Ideas?

Apr 7, 2013
Burn City
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
I think on the aleague reddit, can't remember.

The women's shorts look so comfy. I own a pair of 90s FC Sion Nike shorts, player issues, and they're short and comfy. I tried on a pair of recent Nike Holland ones at the op shop and they were super low, baggy in the thigh, then tight on the arse and waist. Shocking fit. Would love to see someone change up mens shorts.

Speaking of which, anyone own a recent Nike strip in a small? I wear a medium and have a Nigeria one, fits well everywhere but it's really long and tubey looking. Ideas?
I bought a pair of Adidas throwback Germany 1990 shorts from CFS a couple of months ago and they are insanely comfortable. Just unwearable out the house because there's one tiny pocket on the arse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back