Status
Not open for further replies.

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
This needs the big stencil numbers with the drop shadow.

images

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Got myself a mens small, seemed to be the only size on the matildas shop that didn't have 'limited numbers'. I wasn't sure about it initially, but it has grown on me so much. The white on the shoulders for some reason was the thing that sold me.
Have you worn any of the recent Nike strips? I’m considering doing the same, but the fit is pretty weird on the current template.

sam-kerr-backfilp-new-matildas-kit-1400x800.jpg

It's great. The socks really complete the look.

The men's cut has already sold out on the FFA store.

Pretty sad I missed out, hopefully there’s another run of them soon.

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle

There will be of course. Nike wouldn't miss a chance to make more money.

I’m actually surprised.

The FFA would be the sort to only order 200 shirts and Nike are the sort of massive company to go ‘you sure? This’ll probably be it’ and they’ve gone (over a boozy lunch) yeha nah no bloke’ll want this.

I have no idea how much the FFA make out of Nike merch, but they should be promoting these shirts as much as possible. They’re unique and will be hated by some people and loved by (mostly) young people. If you make them readily available, it could potentially be a good little money maker.

And soccer in this country needs every dollar it can get. You need to milk these moments. Especially when the Matildas are at their peak.

tryitout

All Australian
Jan 11, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Damn I need to get hold of one of those Aus kits. Like others I'm not optimistic that the FFA ordered more than 50 of them and Rebel Sport being the only large sports chain left in this country sucks. JD is terrible.

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
I dunno, I guess they look cool. But on the other hand they look like they came out of a kindergarten art activity. Just not really my vibe but it's something different which I can appreciate.

Damn I need to get hold of one of those Aus kits. Like others I'm not optimistic that the FFA ordered more than 50 of them and Rebel Sport being the only large sports chain left in this country sucks. JD is terrible.

Ultrafootball has them in stock - just bought one.

Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
same

ordered a large. no idea how nike fits.

Also picked one up from them.

I also went into a Rebel and tried a current Socceroos kit and an Adidas kit (so I know sizing for when Arsenal release their new kits). The sizes seem to be similar so in both I would wear an XL (though the nike may run a fraction slimmer, but not by much).

same

ordered a large. no idea how nike fits.
Also picked one up from them.

I also went into a Rebel and tried a current Socceroos kit and an Adidas kit (so I know sizing for when Arsenal release their new kits). The sizes seem to be similar so in both I would wear an XL (though the nike may run a fraction slimmer, but not by much).

I find the L is good if I’m wearing it whilst playing, but XL is better on me for a "fashion" kit. Did the same thing as you Craegus just to be sure with Nikes current sizing, tried on an L and XL and found the XL will be a better fit.

Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
The kit's come today. I am probably a true medium in shirt size but I got the large and it fits nicely, my arms aren't being hugged but the collar may be a little too loose. Great looking kit.

Yeah mine showed up as well. The XL I got is great size wise, I tried it on quickly by putting it on over a polo and it was a comfortable fit with that so will be even better with out one underneath.

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
I love the way the template looks, but the fit is off on the new Nikes. They're not bad but there's a real sort 'tubey' feel to the the whole fit – long and slim.

The kit's come today. I am probably a true medium in shirt size but I got the large and it fits nicely, my arms aren't being hugged but the collar may be a little too loose. Great looking kit.

Just got mine as well, got the XL and it fits really well - only issue is the same and that’s the collar is a bit too loose/low but not that much of an issue.

Money well spent.

Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ΠΓΣΣ LFC Sturt Steelers Nix
Just got mine as well, got the XL and it fits really well - only issue is the same and that’s the collar is a bit too loose/low but not that much of an issue.

Money well spent.
For the Matildas kits? Still waiting.

manchester-city-mashup-jersey-2.jpg

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2019/03/nike-manchester-city-celebration-mashup-jersey.html

This whole 'mashup jersey' thing is getting a bit out of hand, made sense with Arsenal a few years back and Inter and Barca's ones this year were fine as they had/have been working together for a long time, but Man City? They've only been with nike for 6 years, a quarter of the shirt is this year's designs! The others were a kind of cool throwback, but this just screams 'one last cash grab' from nike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back