Discussion Soccer/Association Football New Kits

Status
Not open for further replies.

acm21

Club Legend
May 7, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Early rumours suggest this is our next kit manufacturer.....
First question: Who the **** is Paladin?
Second question: Are we really in that bad of a place to now go to an unknown local brand?

they are doing pretty good union stuff from what ive seen, with pretty good quality. And considering you are at the moment only going to exist for 1 more season, it is not likely that a big brand would be willing to come in (and imo its probably going to be better stuff then some of the other smaller players)

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Celtic FC, Milwaukee Bucks

New Celtic Away Kit

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle

One of the nicest kits in recent memory

I really love this shade of mint green. My issue here is with the gold – it just cheapens it a little and contrasts the beachy, modern vibe of the rest of it. Making the piping pink would have been a nice throwback and really made it cool.

It reminds me a bit of this corker Blackburn Rovers top from a few years ago. An A-League side should make this their own:
pa-21510601.jpg

acm21

Club Legend
May 7, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
These aren't the greatest kits in the world, but Falkirk's logo is sick and their jazzing up of a template is too.

Details like this have really gone as manufacturers go to big splashes and prints.

strips-1-1920x1080.jpg

strips-3-1920x1280.jpg

Not sure about the sock combo but its a pretty good, yet basic, kit. I do enjoy the logo, its just something you dont really see in logos anymore, everyone seems to be moving to the very basic (e.g. the west ham logo) although the simple is nice, something different and somewhat obscure (or even the more traditional logos) is good to see

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Silent Alarm

sack Lyon
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Am I the only person who doesn't get the St Pauli love?

I'm a lefty but I don't think the club is that special.

The brown is ugly and doesn't work, the logo is crap, and the team doesn't especially have a spirit or vibe.

_Damo_

Club Legend
Nov 28, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Am I the only person who doesn't get the St Pauli love?

I'm a lefty but I don't think the club is that special.

The brown is ugly and doesn't work, the logo is crap, and the team doesn't especially have a spirit or vibe.
I mean, I disagree with all points, but respect your right opinion.

The fan culture around the club is very much where the lefty culture comes from.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ΠΓΣΣ LFC Sturt Steelers Nix
Further details on the Nix kit. We'll have an FFA Cup kit (because we can't use our Adidas kits). And our home kit will be obviously yellow and black, but our GM has said "stripey-ish", with stripey being the name the fans have given our striped home kits in the past.
So that means literally anything that isn't conventional vertical stripes. Exciting, intriguing, but at the same time... it's Paladin...

acm21

Club Legend
May 7, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Further details on the Nix kit. We'll have an FFA Cup kit (because we can't use our Adidas kits). And our home kit will be obviously yellow and black, but our GM has said "stripey-ish", with stripey being the name the fans have given our striped home kits in the past.
So that means literally anything that isn't conventional vertical stripes. Exciting, intriguing, but at the same time... it's Paladin...

Maybe something like this

Attachments

• 20190630_224744.jpg
    20190630_224744.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 231

Not sure how they’ll go with football but honestly their rugby stuff is very decent, going by their Western Force range.

Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ΠΓΣΣ LFC Sturt Steelers Nix
Maybe something like this
I actually don't mind the front of that...
Not sure how they’ll go with football but honestly their rugby stuff is very decent, going by their Western Force range.
Oh yeah those jerseys are nice!
They do have soccer stuff, but looking at their teamwear stuff... that's atrocious. So hopefully they've worked something out specifically.

When you trigger a clause in your current gambling sponsor's contract to cut them loose, only to sign with another gambling sponsor!

Love how they have also shown just how many other clubs have had the same sponsor too, as if that makes their decision any better.
This season's kit looks to be quite plain though which is promising.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back