Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
Yeah fair call. I saw an article about another sponsor signing on for 2020 and the photo had team in adidas gear, but on closer inspection it was an old photo from 2016.

Yeah, there doesn't seem to be any announcement about an official supplier for the Olympic teams kits. Asics and Speedo are official partners, and Sportscraft are the ceremony clothes suppliers, but nothing about the uniforms to be worn.

Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
That shade of green is Australian green, similar to the house of reps green based on eucalyptus leaves. Baggy green is way darker than our official colours.

Not really, the below image shows the official colours of Australia (as per the government website) on top, and the AOC colours (as close as possible) on the bottom.

Yeah the Baggy Green is darker, but for the kit shownm as the away kit, it is clearly closer to the AOC colours than the national colours.

5UCyvXM.png

Not really, the below image shows the official colours of Australia (as per the government website) on top, and the AOC colours (as close as possible) on the bottom.

Yeah the Baggy Green is darker, but for the kit shownm as the away kit, it is clearly closer to the AOC colours than the national colours.

5UCyvXM.png

AOC colours are so elite.

Cathy Freeman
Sydney 2000
400m Final
Energies.

Mozzie_Squad

All Australian
Dec 13, 2016
Sydney
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Arsenal, Melb City, Storm, Stars

Attachments

• 21c0b8641b983941f7acc5b365d755c8c45b8dd6.webp
    90.4 KB · Views: 168
Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ΠΓΣΣ LFC Sturt Steelers Nix
So close to being good, but not quite there View attachment 908647
Haha, I'm just reading up on that sponsor LD Sports. There's no English website for them, there's two establishment dates (one in Southampton and one in Wuhan of all places) and no social media presence...
Oh boy.

Apr 20, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Vancouver Canucks, Southampton FC
If we weren't a club that is a stripes club I'd love the new kit. The white is my favourite, harkening back to the original kit and the 2010/11 one. Overall though I think it's an improvement one what we wore this season. The blacktop bar was just horrendous. Overall IMO, 7/10. I'd prefer a different sponsor and a new owner.
Does it bug anyone else that the sashes are going in opposite directions on each of the shirts?
No.

Speaking of CFS, given the majority of people here I would say browse/shop at/are aware of their site and there is a deep appreciation shared here for CFS, it would be great to get someone from there on the podcast one week!

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
Speaking of CFS, given the majority of people here I would say browse/shop at/are aware of their site and there is a deep appreciation shared here for CFS, it would be great to get someone from there on the podcast one week!

Sadly their prices are just stupidly expensive now. I just looked up an old order of mine from 2016; I got a 2009-10 City away kit brand new in bag for £12.99. The same design is up there now in VG second-hand condition for £34.99. No way has its value increased nearly threefold.

The cheapest City shirt on the entire site (in at least VG condition, L/XL size) is also £34.99 for a 2007-08 home. I have that very same shirt. Wonder if I could sell it back to them for a price.

Once you add in shipping you're looking at a total of $80 AUD for, again, the cheapest shirt possible on the site.

It's not the same anymore.

Sadly their prices are just stupidly expensive now. I just looked up an old order of mine from 2016; I got a 2009-10 City away kit brand new in bag for £12.99. The same design is up there now in VG second-hand condition for £34.99. No way has its value increased nearly threefold.

The cheapest City shirt on the entire site (in at least VG condition, L/XL size) is also £34.99 for a 2007-08 home. I have that very same shirt. Wonder if I could sell it back to them for a price.

Once you add in shipping you're looking at a total of $80 AUD for, again, the cheapest shirt possible on the site.

It's not the same anymore.
The biggest thing that they have going for them is their tremendous range, they are great for kits from more obscure clubs/nations. But yeah, I don't buy from there unless they are having a sale or send me an email with a discount code.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back