Discussion Soccer/Association Football New Kits

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen really similar to this before a couple of years ago, might have even been an MLS logo release, but I can't recall the team. Does anyone remember?
Reminds me of Inter Miami.
Atlanta, Charlotte, Columbus, Miami, NY City and Philadelphia all have roundel logos in the MLS, with similar internal features.

acm21

Club Legend
May 7, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
Anyone have intel on why stanno didn't stick around? Seems strange to announce it and give all these members the jumpers (which was only a pre season kit). Might be something to do with the change of owners ??? There was an article earlier this yeat that stated a recommitment from the major partner.

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
Reminds me of Inter Miami.
Atlanta, Charlotte, Columbus, Miami, NY City and Philadelphia all have roundel logos in the MLS, with similar internal features.

Thanks, but I meant the piss-takey logo walkthrough. It's definitely not original. Just can't recall who did it first

Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
Anyone have intel on why stanno didn't stick around? Seems strange to announce it and give all these members the jumpers (which was only a pre season kit). Might be something to do with the change of owners ??? There was an article earlier this yeat that stated a recommitment from the major partner.

Could be an issue with supply, or perhaps with the current state of the world, Stanno are not doing too great.

makri

Team Captain
Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Anybody else bought a Premier League kit recently?

I got this one delivered today. I know that technically its not accurate, as the gold badge won't actually appear till next season, but I wanted to get it more as a memento of our league winning season. Anywho, what struck me was the size of the PL patch. It looked smaller than usual, and sizing it up against my 17-18 kit confirmed it. I initially thought that they had cocked up and put a kids size on, but research tells me that this is actually the "adults" size, which is smaller than the "players" size. I must say I was pretty disappointed. They also managed to get a fold line right through the patch for good measure.

View attachment 917187View attachment 917188
The should have done what United did in 96 and go with the champions patch for the last game of the season. Funny thing was when United did that at Boro they still weren't actually champions, would have looked bad if they had lost that match!

Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ΠΓΣΣ LFC Sturt Steelers Nix
They all do it these days.
No, not the clubs that make a mockery of all the marketing talk. They're always so serious and cliche. Lansing are one of only two clubs (like the one I vaguely remember, along with Gibbsy) to just put things on the logo and not explain it like a group of board members sat down and made tenuous connections for every element.

EDIT: Gibbsy was it Forward Madison? I don't remember seeing this one...

Last edited:

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
No, not the clubs that make a mockery of all the marketing talk. They're always so serious and cliche. Lansing are one of only two clubs (like the one I vaguely remember, along with Gibbsy) to just put things on the logo and not explain it like a group of board members sat down and made tenuous connections for every element.

EDIT: Gibbsy was it Forward Madison? I don't remember seeing this one...

It was! I knew it had pink in it somewhere. What a cool name.

Apr 7, 2013
Burn City
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC

The more I see this kit the less happy I am with it. Totally forgettable and the teal is too prominent. It's an okay colour scheme but gold works so much better as the third colour behind white and red. It also stinks a little of the club's rot in the 90s.

acm21

Club Legend
May 7, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon

The more I see this kit the less happy I am with it. Totally forgettable and the teal is too prominent. It's an okay colour scheme but gold works so much better as the third colour behind white and red. It also stinks a little of the club's rot in the 90s.

Don't like the blue trim.

Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams

That's horrible. Bring back New Balance who won't give us templates and actually care about us.

Apr 7, 2013
Burn City
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
That's horrible. Bring back New Balance who won't give us templates and actually care about us.
Nike are doing some good stuff. I reckon they've both tried to make their mark with the unique trim colour and also tried to go conservative with the rest of it as to not accidentally alienate. Hopefully next season is a better effort. We'll be one of their flagship brands so, you know, it better be.

Jun 24, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Nike are doing some good stuff. I reckon they've both tried to make their mark with the unique trim colour and also tried to go conservative with the rest of it as to not accidentally alienate. Hopefully next season is a better effort. We'll be one of their flagship brands so, you know, it better be.
Yeah, I get what you're saying but... It's the little details they're not paying attention to which makes it seem rushed to me, like the trim on the cuffs not matching the collar, and apparently the logos aren't going to be stitched either so...

I like the teal trim, and the return to white logos. Just do it properly. And with a better collar.

Storm20

Been Here A Long Time
Aug 27, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
EePEtvfWsAAgp5f.jpeg

Froth

Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
Preemptively getting in to say no Celtic v Rangers shitfighting. Judge each kit on its merits. Cheers.

Even if it isn't targeted at me, my reply to this is.

Oh, but I did. Celtics looks terrible. That green is just off, it isn't a nice colour. The Rangers one looks classy, a bit simple, but is a very nice looking kit.

Jul 17, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory

Reckon the teal would work better and make more sense if the full crest was being used rather than just the Liverbird. I do much prefer the simpler approach of recent seasons though.

SunsphereParker

Senior List
Jul 30, 2020
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Everton have released their latest keeper kit. I’m sure they were going more for rock and roll or something, but looks more like stress induced, erratic heart rates to me. The pink will contrast nicely with the royal blue though.
CC15BCB6-05FF-4995-8BFF-641A48440423.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back