Discussion Soccer/Association Football New Kits

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think though it’s because it includes the three leagues. When referring to the one league you call it .\ League Men as opposed to .\ Leagues Mens
A-Leagues will likely become the shorthand though. Aussies love to shorten.

"To the A-Leagues now, and Sydney FC has..."

Nobody is gonna say A-Leagues Mate, it’s sounds sh*t. An S makes a HUGE Difference

The only time the S will be used is when talking about more than one of the leagues. So simply in plural form.

The singular will be used for describing each individual league.

Nobody is gonna say A-Leagues Mate, it’s sounds sh*t. An S makes a HUGE Difference 😂
If they say "A-League Men", it's not snappy enough. If they just say "A-League" they'll have the comp's media manager on the phone asking them to please follow the media guide for the A-Leaguessssssss.

The biggest problem I have with it is it doesn't look enough like an A, so when you look at it your eye naturally goes to the start of the text, and all my brain picks up is 'Leagues'.

Very true. Add to that they are using another slash between Leagues and Women in the Canberra promo and it is lost even more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was playing fifa 22 and saw the ability to create a club, of course fifa dosent provide heaps of options in terms of design but after deciding to create a EPL club based in Bristol (chose a city with a large population but minimal success) I thought i'd use my (okay) photoshop skills to create a logo and jersey of this imagined club, just for fun. Let me know what you all think!
bristol fc home and away.jpg Bristol FC logo.png

1633468102181.png

This doesn't really work with the logo though (my mock below)
1633471984052.png

Last edited:

So is the logo on the shirts going to say;

.\
Isuzu
UTES
League

or

.\
Isuzu
UTES
.\ League

or

.\
Isuzu
UTES
Leagues

or

.\
Isuzu
UTES
.\ Leagues

If the latter two, it cannot work as the .\ League \ Women is not the same sponsor as the .\ League \ Men. So the whole .\ Leagues logo seems like it is already going to be mostly sidelined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back