Soccer World Cup - Australia's chances

Remove this Banner Ad

Was just browsing through Sportsbet...and came accross this category with regards to Australia's chances of winning...highly unlikely but worth a read.

Odds for Australia's finishing position..

All odds are are for $1.00

$ 1.40 - Knocked out in Group Phase
$ 3.75 - Round of 16
$11.00 - Quarter Finals
$26.00 - Semi Finals
$61.00 - Runner up
$101.00 - Winner

Brazil is favourite to win...coming in at $3.25, England at $8.00, Germany at $9.00 and Italy and Argentina at $10.00

I think the Aussies will progress through to the knockout stages.

The Socceroos are a much more disciplined team under Guus and we seem to finally be switched on at the back. It seems all of our injury concerns are slowly going away, so we should be able to field a full strength side for the opening match against Japan.

Australians are renowned for having a red hot go. We're hard at the ball, more skillful than ever and, most importantly, we're in quite good form. Except for Viduka from the spot. Either give the penalty kick duties to Kewell or Neill.

My tip is Brazil to win from England and Argentina.
Australia and Serbia to be the darkhorses.
Adriano to win the Golden Boot from Toni.

Hopefully we can get through the groups. Going on the second half last night we're definitely competitive against good teams.

My Tips:

Winner: Brazil or Italy
Suprises: Ivory Coast and Switzerland
Golden Boot: Adriano or Torres

Aquamarinejewel said:
Okay...now to overcome Croatia, another early morning wake up to watch the game, all worth it though. Good luck to the Aussies!

It was a great game to watch :thumbsu:

I should have taken up the $3.75 to make the round of 16.

Bring on Italy!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back