Socceroos flight vs aussie rules flight

Remove this Banner Ad

A few random thoughts.

I think Australia will eventually host a World Cup. I don't think the timing was right for the last bid but it will be one day all be it in say 20 years.

I don't think soccer will grow bigger than AFL, but I do think they have come a fair way and may have closed the gap in the last 20 years.

I think the AFL will need to continue to adjust to stay ahead, I think eventually the AFL will reduce game time. To me the 90 odd minutes is about right which would mean cutting 20 to 30 minutes from an AFL game.
They might do that with a 24 team competition, but anything less than that means losing money (less match broadcast time).

No sporting competition in the world would give up three months of their season for an opposition sport. Seriously why would anyone expect the AFL to be any different. It's crazy
Heck, some sporting competitions in the world don't want to give up their season for one month in 2022!

:DIt's become a broad discussion on the biggest sporting codes in the world, and how sensitive soccer fans are when their code is denigrated.
Until the soccer gods tell them to burn things, presumably.

I thought it was about knuckle dragging white trash that can't come to grips with people like more than one football code. Damn that ending of the White Australia Policy they say! Damn it!

I thought it was about knuckle dragging white trash that can't come to grips with people like more than one football code. Damn that ending of the White Australia Policy they say! Damn it!

Ahhh, accusations of racism now....people don't like soccer as much as football because they are racist "knuckle dragging white trash"

This from the soccer moderator calling for the thread to be closed last week when it was on a different forum....

...and you definitely are NOT being a hypocrite with a massive shoulder chip

Remove this Banner Ad

Back