Socceroos Socceroos - next manager

Who will be the next manager of the Socceroos?

• Graham Arnold

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Kevin Muscat

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Tony Popovic

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Ante Milicic

• Josep Gombau

• Carlo Ancelotti

Votes: 11 29.7%
  • Gianni Di Biasi

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Guus Hiddink

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Other - Please specify

Votes: 5 13.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is big news so thought it probably deserves its own thread.

Ange has this morning quit and we're now on the lookout for a new coach just 6 months out from our World Cup campaign.

Plenty of debate as to whether our next coach should be an Australian or if we're better off bringing in someone from abroad.

I'm interested to hear your thoughts on the above and who you think is the best person for the job, whether it be someone included in the poll or otherwise.

tdaDah3.png

Steven Bilic would be the ideal manager for Russia. He is available, has managed Croatia at a world cup.. Then can appoint GA or any other Aussie manager for Qatar

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guus has had success with the national side at world cup level before.
Yes I know that only Cahill remains from the 06 squad, but he's worked with the country before and we know he is capable.
I'd be happy to get him to take us through the World Cup, then reassess after the tournament.
After the tournament I'd be happy to look at an Australian coach that's doing well to take us through the next Asian Cup and WCQ.

Ancelotti has an amazing record at club level, but that's with awesome teams. No international experience at not much experience with sides that are going to be majorly outclassed by their opponents.

Will he be any good at international level with a below average side? Not too sure. Guus might not be as good, but at least he has international experience with underdog teams.

Last edited:
Before Josep Gombau took the WSW job, he would have been my preference. That ship has sailed though. Luis Enrique as a left field choice maybe. Socceroos would continue playing a possession based attacking game. Hiddink hasn't had great success as an international coach since taking Russia to 2008 European Championship semi final so i wouldn't be disappointed if he didn't get the job.

Jurgen Klinsmann wants the job. I think he would be a very good appointment.

He would be used to soccer not being the number 1 sport in this country and that he needs to integrate his best players in Europe with the best players of the domestic league. Something he already has experience with USA Soccer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back