Socceroos Socceroos v Norway (25/3 4am) & Colombia (29/3 6am)

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 24, 2008
MuMuLand
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Celtic, West Perth, Glory, S'Roos
Some usual names but great to see MacLaren in there and Brad Jones. Never rated Jones as a keeper but he's worked hard to get back in there.

KEEPERS
Brad JONES
Mitchell LANGERAK (Gk)
Mathew RYAN (Gk)
Daniel VUKOVIC (Gk)

DEFENDERS
Aziz BEHICH
Milos DEGENEK
Alex GERSBACH
Matthew JURMAN
James MEREDITH
Josh RISDON
Trent SAINSBURY
Aleksandar SUSNJAR
Bailey WRIGHT

MIDFIELDERS
Joshua BRILLANTE
Jackson IRVINE
Mile JEDINAK
Mathew LECKIE
Massimo LUONGO
Mark MILLIGAN
Aaron MOOY
Andrew NABBOUT
Dimitri PETRATOS
Tom ROGIC
Nikita RUKAVYTSYA
James TROISI

STRIKERS
Tim CAHILL
Tomi JURIC
Robbie KRUSE
Jamie MACLAREN

It's good BVM is looking thinking outside the box but it's also good Ante Milicic is also advising him on what to do so there's not that much of a change from the Ange selections. Risdon must have been shitting himself with a new coach on board.

Not sure why it's great to see McLaren in there. He's done bugger all hasn't he? As for Susjnar,who??
Susjnar played in the U23 tournament a couple months ago and performed pretty well actually.

Arzani should be in there.
Yeah, he should definitely be in there ahead of Kruse. I'd cap just to lose the risk of losing him. Good to see Nabbout get a run though.

Yeah, he should definitely be in there ahead of Kruse. I'd cap just to lose the risk of losing him. Good to see Nabbout get a run though.
I wonder if there's been assurances from this side that he will choose us and thus no hurry to cap him.

Of course it could be the opposite scenario.

Capping Arzani in these games doesn't tie him to us as only friendlies. I'd still have him in the squad for experience and to keep him on the hook.

Borello is stiff isn't he? Ripping it up in Germany, surely deserved a chance to at least trial.

Good to see Nabbout get a call up. Shattered to lose him but hopefully goes onto bigger and better things. We've had a few decent players leave us over the years (Birighitti, Brillante, Taggart probably the most recent starlets that come to mind) but who didn't quite make the next step - Birighitti playing in the Eredivisie maybe is a pass for him. Just hope Nabbout excels in the J League then continues to grow/improve.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Speaking of Birighitti he doesn't seem to get a look in for the Socceroos at the moment. Injured?

Is there some sort of rule that requires him to pick a certain amount of A-league trash? Feel sorry for Craig Goodwin. Especially when Troisi keeps getting caps. Hopefully this isn't the squad that isnt going to the world cup or I might be buying a French, Danish and Peruvian scarf for each game.

Looking forward to this friendly. We face Colombia a few days later also.

Carn the Aussies!

Word Cup is just 3 months away.

How will the team look? I'm guessing because it's friendlies the squad might be shaken up a bit?

----------------Cahill
----------------Rogic
Behich-Mooy-Jedinak-Luongo-Leckie
-----Jurman-Sainsbury-Wright
----------------Ryan

Was hoping the new Perth Stadium would get a friendly but now they've (rightfully) canned the farewell game that wasn't happening. This will do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back