Society/Culture Social justice warriors.......come out to plaaaaaaaaaay

Remove this Banner Ad

Dixie Normous

Premiership Player
May 13, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Fascinating story about the left eating their own with the race card being immediately brought out of the pack.....

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/r...h/news-story/c37499d569110700e0bca9f8915c93a7

Author Natasha Tynes may lose her book deal after one tweet caused a massive backlash

When an author posted this photo to Twitter from her commute, the backlash came in thick and fast. Now she looks set to lose everything.

Author Natasha Tynes looks set to lose her book deal after a tweet criticising a Metro employee for eating on the train sparked an online backlash.

Tynes, a Jordanian-American writer and World Bank employee in Washington, tweeted a photo showing the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority employee in uniform, eating on the Red Line.

“When you’re on your morning commute & see @wmata employee in UNIFORM eating on the train,” Tynes tweeted. “I thought we were not allowed to eat on the train. This is unacceptable. Hope @wmata responds.”

Within an hour, transit officials had responded thanking her for “catching” the employee eating and “helping” to “make sure all Metro employees are held accountable”.
Eating, drinking, smoking and littering is banned on Metro buses or trains and in stations.

Officials asked Tynes to confirm the time she was on the train, the direction she was headed and the line she was on.

The writer provided those details, adding: “Thank you for responding. Appreciate it.”

Social media users immediately slammed the self-described “minority writer” over the post, accusing her of publicly shaming a black woman.

It also sparked the viral hashtag #EatingWhileBlack.

Tynes apologised, deleted the tweet and later set her account to private so that only her followers could see her posts. Her website was also been taken down.

After the controversy, publishing house Rare Birds Books, which was set to distribute Tynes’ upcoming novel, They Called Me Wyatt, released a statement condemning the author and vowing not to publish the book.

“Rare Bird is aware that an author distributed by us, Natasha Tynes, and published by an imprint that is sub-distributed by us, California Coldblood, did something truly horrible today in tweeting a picture of a metro worker eating her breakfast on the train this morning and drawing attention to her employer.

“Black women face a constant barrage of this kind of inappropriate behaviour directed toward them and a constant policing of their bodies.

Fire

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 12, 2003
New York
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It's a dangerous group to be involved in. Some of the arguments ate the core of the SJW philosophy are valid and worth discussion, and some people are genuine and decebt, but many are garbage humans.

A lot of the outrage comes from people seeking validation and purpose in an otherwise meaningless life. They are angry, disgruntled and have nothing but time and will go after not just their tarhet, but anyone and anything attached to then. They will not care how much they hurt in their path for self gratification.

Aug 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
I find it interesting that the backlash came from anger at her shaming a black person for eating, rather than her randomly and maliciously deciding to expose someone for a minor indiscretion that may cost them their job. Does not seem like a very compassionate or kind thing to do to someone regardless of their skin colour, and so I don't know why it's only skin colour that people are focusing on.

Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
GWS
I'm still waiting for someone to prove to me that this woman is of 'the Left'.

If that question was required to start another of these threads, the board would die.

Many on this board have asserted the aus rugby administration, profit seekers like YouTube and google, private airlines, Julie Bishop etc etc are left wing.

It’s dumb.

Brunswick Trap King

Lord Mayor of Melbourne
Jun 1, 2009
Brunswick
AFL Club
West Coast
Its confirmation bias brother - someone is doing something stupid ergo its of the left. Tommy Robertson imperils a trial to convict a paedophile - He is a Hero!
I don't understand why it can't go into the hypocrisy of the left thread they spam all day everyday. Too low IQ to recall it exists, probably.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thegibbsgamble

I beg to meg
Oct 28, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
If a employee of that company has been rude to her over a indiscretion. Then she has every right to do what she's done. They've pulled the race card on her. If they can show other examples of her being racist. Then she deserves it

It's a dangerous group to be involved in. Some of the arguments ate the core of the SJW philosophy are valid and worth discussion, and some people are genuine and decebt, but many are garbage humans.

A lot of the outrage comes from people seeking validation and purpose in an otherwise meaningless life. They are angry, disgruntled and have nothing but time and will go after not just their tarhet, but anyone and anything attached to then. They will not care how much they hurt in their path for self gratification.

Out of interest, where can I read a copy of the SJW Philosophy?

Oct 2, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton

The Russians can provide you a copy. As can right wing imbeciles online who have adopted the RWNJ propaganda pushed by their internet puppet masters as their own, and as some kind of truth.

Remember, Morrison only won the election because of Labor seeking to 'impose non binary gender diversity, far leftist cultural marxism and open borders'.

Despite the reality being the election was decided on franking credits, superannuation imputation, negative gearing of investment properties and differences around taxation, and had nothing to do with the above, even if any of the above were issues for either party (which they werent).

It's madness. The amount of Kool Aide drunk by RWNJs to accept the above propaganda as being true is staggering.

Fire

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 12, 2003
New York
AFL Club
North Melbourne

I'm not sure on the literature they read sorry.

My opinion is just based on my observation of the culture. I'm in the US and associate with a lot of people which have these sorts of viewpoints and discussions.

I don't think it's the same back in Australia. At least not to the same extent or prevalence.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
I find it interesting that the backlash came from anger at her shaming a black person for eating, rather than her randomly and maliciously deciding to expose someone for a minor indiscretion that may cost them their job. Does not seem like a very compassionate or kind thing to do to someone regardless of their skin colour, and so I don't know why it's only skin colour that people are focusing on.
Same reason when Israel was sending everyone to hell he was only labelled 'homophobic'...

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
I don’t know why it’s about the woman being black? I mean, the more you just focus on someone’s race or colour the more the opportunity for bigotry because the topic is always in circulation.

FWIW, pretty low act, yeah we know it’s policy but hey, she might have been running late, mightn’t have had a chance to eat at home, who knows, this woman has herself to blame for being a snitch and throwing someone under the bus. The fact you could jeopardise someone’s job instead of just shutting your mouth is pretty low.

Forget where anyone is from here, it’s just snitchy and mean. Bitch.

Milkshaker

Cancelled
Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
1558926242154.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back