Society and Culture BF style

Remove this Banner Ad

Boomers, millennials, Gen XYZ, I have absolutely no idea what any of these age groups are. This is great because it means I never get offended by any of these discussions.

I'm an able bodied straight white male boomer (NS, GSOH) - how many blessings is that!

What are they if they say “you want a house, then you need to go without smashed avocado and all those expensive toys, you want everything that opens and shuts, you just need to save like we did.”
And Logical retorts like is “an average house was twice your annual pay at age 25, now it’s 7 times our pay” go in one ear and out the other.

Classic boomer

Boomers, millennials, Gen XYZ, I have absolutely no idea what any of these age groups are. This is great because it means I never get offended by any of these discussions.

Classic GenX

I'm an able bodied straight white male boomer (NS, GSOH) - how many blessings is that!
Jesus this is like winning the lottery - the only way you could be more privileged is if you were female

Go Fish GIF by Pudgy Penguins

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What, like Gays being effeminate?
You're deliberately trying to get a raise, but the point does stand. It's the same for almost all stereotypes across age, race, groups etc. IMO people misunderstand stereotypes. It's not that all or even a majority of any particular group have the traits of the stereotype, it's that a higher percentage in the group have those traits then you'd get across the population as whole.

It's not like 'back in the day' someone chucked groups in one hat and stereotypes in another and randomly pulled one out of each. 'Ah, old men in hats and Bad drivers'. 'Add that one to the list everyone gets Reg'. It doesn't mean you should judge the group or individuals by the stereotypes, but pretending they exist for some random reason doesn't do anyone any good either.

Has any long term regular poster aside from Bravey ever come out on here? We had a former prodigious poster come out as something, but are you saying that even the Port Bigfooty world isn't ready for gay posters or maybe there just aren't that many?
We're militantly heterosexual oppressors

Has any long term regular poster aside from Bravey ever come out on here? We had a former prodigious poster come out as something, but are you saying that even the Port Bigfooty world isn't ready for gay posters or maybe there just aren't that many?
Sobrave is gay?

Hang on, so what does the G stand for then?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back