Society and Culture BF style

Remove this Banner Ad

The irony of the clubs president making racist & offensive remarks about Greeks one week, and the club setting up a stall with players present at the Semaphore Greek Festival this weekend.

Wonder if the racist bald piss stain will attend

"Give us back our right to die a painful and preventable death, and at the same time deny people who may otherwise survive access to health care" I suppose that's a lot to put on one placard.

It is easy to bag US citizens with an Australian perspective.

In Oz we have free health, a social security system and an average of $240k of savings. The US does not have free health, their health insurance is often linked to their job (no job no insurance), a s**t social security system and an average of $10k of savings.

If I were dirt poor, with no health insurance, with F all education, a job on the line that supported my family, no savings and a need to put food on the table...............I to would be buying a gun to protect my right to live and I dare say you would to.

Rather than attack the individuals, why not consider why they are behaving like that. Just like attacking chinese for eating bats......ask why and then focus on helping change that.

In Oz we have free health, a social security system and an average of $240k of savings. The US does not have free health, their health insurance is often linked to their job (no job no insurance), a s**t social security system and an average of $10k of savings.

Dafuq is this?

Dafuq is this?

i suspect the average australian is about 400k in mortgage debt. 240k in savings lmao. on what planet?

also it's american citizens own fault that they don't have s**t like free healthcare. these idiots violently oppose it. they actively work against their own self interest because they've been brainwashed in the name of 'freedom'

obviously theres a lot of sane and rational americans too and it must be awful for them to be trapped in this hellworld with so many ignoramuses who will vote trump in again even if he is directly responsible for another 100k deaths.

There are 330 million Americans. People that claim "All Americans are dumb stupid Rednecks" have just about as much perspective as the people they are trying to mock and demonize.
I'd say our bogan element is on par with the redneck per capita, I'd say Americans are more vocal in general about their liberties perhaps that's why everything seems more amplified.

If I were dirt poor, with no health insurance, with F all education, a job on the line that supported my family, no savings and a need to put food on the table...............I to would be buying a gun to protect my right to live and I dare say you would to.

Rather than attack the individuals, why not consider why they are behaving like that. Just like attacking chinese for eating bats......ask why and then focus on helping change that.
A lot of these protests are silently backed and organised by Trump’s party

Americans on the whole and as a mass generalization are far more religious and patriotic. Many genuinely believe in God, Country, the Constitution and that type of s**t. Aussies are different in that respect.

Yeah we have vastly different histories and politics as a result.

I want Aussies to retain their individuality but that's changing due to the 24 hour news cycle and the internet. Even this forum you see people taking ridiculous amount of interest in their policies.

I want Aussies to retain their individuality but that's changing due to the 24 hour news cycle and the internet. Even this forum you see people taking ridiculous amount of interest in their policies.
You generally need to drive about 30 to 40kms out of every major city in this country to find anyone still uniquely Australian.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd say our bogan element is on par with the redneck per capita, I'd say Americans are more vocal in general about their liberties perhaps that's why everything seems more amplified.

Yeah, we seem to trust our government more. I really rate the Jim Jeffries Gun Control Routine. It nails it.

Only an idiot thinks that American's protesting about their protected civil liberties are on one side of politics. When it comes to standing up for their civil liberties all spectrums of the citizens come together over there.

It's a weird collective thing. People around the world seem to think they have a say and that they know what's best for American's then American's themselves. Look at the freak out that they want to enforce their own borders. How is that anyone else's business? We didn't exactly take it well when the UN and co tried to harangue us into keeping ours open.

There are 330 million Americans. People that claim "All Americans are dumb stupid Rednecks" have just about as much perspective as the people they are trying to mock and demonize.
America is 50 states all as different to each other as Australia is to the UK.
The Red states need to secede into their own mess.

It's a weird collective thing. People around the world seem to think they have a say and that they know what's best for American's then American's themselves. Look at the freak out that they want to enforce their own borders. How is that anyone else's business? We didn't exactly take it well when the UN and co tried to harangue us into keeping ours open.

No the border wall is a terrible, evil, racist idea and the person who pushed and voted for it has been fairly attacked for it completely reasonably...

"I voted numerous times when I was a senator to spend money to build a barrier to try to prevent illegal immigrants from coming in," Clinton told an audience at a campaign stop Nov. 9, 2015. "And I do think you have to control your borders."

240k of savings. I wish I lived on your street.

If super and equity in your home is counted as savings, then it is not an outrageous claim.
As that was not stated I assumed just laying around in your bank account was the meaning, but if those are included then okay

Who claimed that paps? Literally the paragraph directly above your post was about there being lots of sane rational Americans...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back