Play Nice Society, Religion & Politics Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Name one thing where men have inequality. Just 1.

Happily Cheap Charlie and Puke are among the minority on this Board. Women are objectified (raunch culture perpetrated through advertising being but one example), underpaid and undervalued in the workforce, shackled by archaic religious ideologies, more likely to experience harassment etc.

Seriously though, Is there anything good to be said about someone calling themselves a Social Justice Warrior. Cringeworthy in the extreme

Sadly, that opinion is backed up by many facts

People who fight for social justice have gotten women an education, gotten women and black people the vote, brought in no-fault divorce, made in marriage rape illegal, made it so gay marriage was legal.

People who use the term "social justice warrior" as an insult clearly don't have a clue as fighting for social justice is something a person should be proud of.

People who fight for social justice have gotten women an education, gotten women and black people the vote, brought in no-fault divorce, made in marriage rape illegal, made it so gay marriage was legal.

People who use the term "social justice warrior" as an insult clearly don't have a clue as fighting for social justice is something a person should be proud of.
You are talking about normal people who fought for those things notvbpeople who use identified as social justice warriors.

Name one person who made significant changes in any of those areas who caled themselves a Social Justice Warrior.
It's a term used by people to make themselves look virtuous in others eyes

Don't confuse a twee term used by people who affect no change with people who actually make a difference.

As for Brandon Jack's claim that we live in a rape culture society... laughable and offensive

You are talking about normal people who fought for those things notvbpeople who use identified as social justice warriors.

Name one person who made significant changes in any of those areas who caled themselves a Social Justice Warrior.
It's a term used by people to make themselves look virtuous in others eyes

Don't confuse a twee term used by people who affect no change with people who actually make a difference.

As for Brandon Jack's claim that we live in a rape culture society... laughable and offensive

You are splitting hairs, and I also don't think anyone really refers to themselves as a social justice warrior as it is a term used by people such as yourself who like to try and de-legitimise people who are trying to make society fairer for everyone.

Name one thing where men have inequality. Just 1.
Men are significantly more likely to die in workplace accidents. That's because women aren't expected to do the dangerous jobs.
Men receive higher prison sentences for similar crimes than females.
Men are expected to go to war in combat zones and give their life. Women for the main part are not expected to
Women will receive custody or favourable custody of children in 85% of cases.
Women will do significantly better out of divorce settlements
Men's health issues receive far less funding than women's. Example prostate cancer versus breast cancer

They are all examples of men having less equality than women

I think you would have to agree that these are all significant matters in life

Last edited:
That article is extremely naive. The concepts of 'due process' and 'guilt beyond reasonable doubt' exist for a reason - to ensure the integrity of outcome. We are after all seeking to put someone in jail for a crime and that does necessitate a little more than simply asking a victims opinion. Sadly the process tends to be traumatic to those victims. There is no wiggle room to make it any less though because to do so potentially undermines the process entirely.

Use of the phrase 'rape culture' implies that society creates an environment whereby rape occurs on a prevalent basis because of intrinsic belief systems. I don't believe that to be true. Yes there is mysogeny and domestic violence and inequality of the sexes sterotyping of sex roles and we all need to work at improvement, but essentially IMO the value systems that we have here on Australia are good value systems. Most of society already values freedom of will as an entrenched right. Doesn't of course mean that intimidation and sexual assualt doesn't exist. They do for a myriad of reasons, but let's not be misguided to believe it's a culture
Of course it isnt a culture and it is ludicrous to suggest it is

Brandon Jack's logic was underwhelming in the extreme, his basis for evidence of such culture being a personal experience.

Men are significantly more likely to die in workplace accidents. That's b3cause women aren't expected to do the dangerous jobs.

and in these jobs women are often either not allowed to do it, or it is such a male dominated industry it is very hard for a woman to get into it.

Men are expected to go to war in combat zones and give their life. Women for the main part are not expected to

That wasn't up to women. It was the men who would not allow women to fight. I have seen plenty of interviews from British women who were around in 1940 who seemed like they would have gladly fought the Nazi's if they were allowed to do so.

Due to the fact women earn less and have a lower earning potential because they have kids which is more disruptive to their career advancements than it is for men who have kids.

You are splitting hairs, and I also don't think anyone really refers to themselves as a social justice warrior as it is a term used by people such as yourself who like to try and de-legitimise people who are trying to make society fairer for everyone.
I'm trying to make society fairer for everyone and you are trying to de-legitimise what I say and do. But I guess the rules are different for some.

Social Justice Warrior was a term given to themselves by said SJWs. This was a badge of honour for people who effected no change at all but maybe posted some selfies on Instagram or Facebook.
That term later was later used as an insult... and you would need to ask youraelf why.

How is deciding that male society has a rape culture helping anyone?
Such outlandish and offensive claims create division and resentment and don't bring any meaningful change to anything.
It sounds very emotive and exciting but it lacks any substance

Men are significantly more likely to die in workplace accidents. That's because women aren't expected to do the dangerous jobs.
Men receive higher prison sentences for similar crimes than females.
Men's health issues receive far less funding than women's. Example prostate cancer versus breast cancer

They are all examples of men having less equality than women

I think you would have to agree that these are all significant matters in life

You are kidding right?

I suspect this is the basis of your angst.

Of course it isnt a culture and it is ludicrous to suggest it is

Brandon Jack's logic was underwhelming in the extreme, his basis for evidence of such culture being a personal experience.

It is far from ludicrous to suggest it is a culture.

I'm trying to make society fairer for everyone and you are trying to de-legitimise what I say and do. But I guess the rules are different for some.

Social Justice Warrior was a term given to themselves by said SJWs. This was a badge of honour for people who effected no change at all but maybe posted some selfies on Instagram or Facebook.
That term later was later used as an insult... and you would need to ask youraelf why.

Such outlandish and offensive claims create division and resentment and don't bring any meaningful change to anything.
It sounds very emotive and exciting but it lacks any substance

I literally know of exactly zero uses of the term "social justice warrior" except for it being used an insult. I looked it up and it looks like it was an incredibly rare phrase (see here for some of its use in the past 30 years - https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...a-gamergate-insult-is-now-a-dictionary-entry/) and was never a mainstream identity that anyone described themselves as.

Happily Cheap Charlie and Puke are among the minority on this Board. Women are objectified (raunch culture perpetrated through advertising being but one example), underpaid and undervalued in the workforce, shackled by archaic religious ideologies, more likely to experience harassment etc.

All of which I agree with and none of which represents a 'rape culture'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not outlandish at all to suggest that throughout male society there are attitudes that trivialise and minimise sexual assault, and in which women are objectified and degraded.

You believe there is Rape culture in Australian society, kept in place by toxic masculinity?
Before this goes any further, can you outline what your thoughts are on the concept of toxic masculinity? I would have thought someone with the concerns about men you outlined earlier would want to address it.

Do you agree that men who rape are often raping women because they feel like women owe them, or that they are better than women?
I have no idea why men rape women. I am not professionally trained to make a judgement and i haven't personally known any man who has raped a woman.
I'd suggest unless you are professionally trained in the field you have equally zero idea.

I can add I haven't personally met any male ever who condones rape

Before this goes any further, can you outline what your thoughts are on the concept of toxic masculinity? I would have thought someone with the concerns about men you outlined earlier would want to address it.

No such thing as toxic masculinity. Just another whacky made up concept.

Someone reads and watches a lot of extreme right wing propaganda.
Good grief!
Nice attempt at shaming buddy
and....once again a prime example of confirmation bias.
My politics are firmly centrist, and i study more left wing ideology than i have ever looked at Right wing thought
There should be no pride in not having researched and listened to opposing points of view

(PS. The video was comedy. )

No such thing as toxic masculinity. Just another whacky made up concept.
You don't think the psychological and social concept of toxic masculinity, where men are expected to adhere to behaviours by society exists? Just earlier you said men are expected to do the dangerous jobs, which is a pretty clear example.

You don't think the psychological and social concept of toxic masculinity, where men are expected to adhere to behaviours by society exists? Just earlier you said men are expected to do the dangerous jobs, which is a pretty clear example.

There are various reasons why men have done more dangerous jobs and continue to. Toxic masculinity is not one of them. As said, this is a made up concept to dumb down and simplify complicated issues into one -size-fits-all digestible bullet point
I was asked about lack of equality points and I gave valid examples

Remove this Banner Ad

Back