Play Nice Society, Religion & Politics Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I am still bewildered how us getting an award for our work promoting LGBTI acceptance or a rainbow flag in the cheer squad is evidence of anything being forced down your throat.

And I have no idea how promoting anti-sexist, anti-racist and anti-homophobic messages has anything to do with drug addiction.

Maybe you should take your own advice, pull back and enjoy your own life, and let the club support its gay members without heckling it every single time? It really makes it seem like you have a problem with it.
What about you just stop replying because you have no idea what some things are like in life. I thought you'd be an expert in drugs as you are on everything else. Anyhow i'm allowed my view on gay flags in the CS or anything like that . It's still a free country , just.

What about you just stop replying because you have no idea what some things are like in life. I thought you'd be an expert in drugs as you are on everything else. Anyhow i'm allowed my view on gay flags in the CS or anything like that . It's still a free country , just.

Again, of course you are allowed your view. I'm also allowed mine too, aren't I?

My view is that you are spouting nonsensical bullshit and that you can't provide any sort of reasonable justifications for your options and so constantly deflect any attempt to draw them out of you. You are yet to say anything to me that convinces me I'm not right about that.

I sort of see your point Bedford, if a club champions one cause, does it do another and another then eventually you are taking sides in debates that members will never agree on, footy is an escape from the ills of life and whats going on. We know in the outside world people fight over race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, etc etc

So lets go to the footy and come together and for 2 hours forget it all. I get that.

But on the flip side we cant imo ignore how powerful sport is, the swans also do have a large gay following (or so I've read). I think modern society bar a few is generally saying this is no longer an issue to take sides on its just a lifestyle that many lead and should feel no prejudice or angst toward them for leading it, but many still do. The swans by chucking a few rainbows on their socks and a flag or two show that hey we wont stand for something completely ridiculous, all welcome here.

I dont feel like it was over the top, in fact you could easily not notice it, the club was acknowledged for doing it, really doesn't affect anything, It makes no difference to you or I in the big scheme of things and maybe it helped that one young man, or woman think, no I am right to feel how i feel and love who i love and this club that i love (or sport i love) accepts me.

If it did that for just one person, then chuck the rainbows on the socks I say.;

You can have your view, but so can Robbie and I dont agree with much of what he writes at all about footy to be brutally honest, but if you want the world to not go PC mad then at its core must be the ability for people to take the contrary view to you.

\Just my view, I mainly come here for the footy to be honest

Well put King. I have no problems with Robbies views , it just I have a different view and I don't know what he wants me to explain. I would rather our energies are put in to a charity like Prostate Cancer as it's a massive killer of men from 40 years up . It also causes more deaths than Breast cancer .

you've been kidnapped. your kidnappers allow you to keep posting on here to pretend everything is alright. what would you post that would alarm your followers without the kidnappers knowing that you're asking for help.

I’ll post something long winded and interesting
Then you will know its not me, or I’m in trouble

:eek: I think King has been kidnapped!

I know cricket is different to football and the expectations are different.

But the discrepancy is beyond a joke. A couple of blokes get caught ball tampering, which is cheating, and get 12 months. I'm down with that, although I'd be letting them play Shield. It's a bit offensive though that there has been no consequences at executive level.

This week 3 AFL blokes have been caught red handed taking an illegal drug. Famous people using that drug has, amongst other consequences, 2 very significant consequences for mine.

1. The demand that they create has caused an untold number of horrific murders in the countries from which the drugs are imported. It is this simple. No celebrities using drugs = no market for those drugs = no murders related to the production and sale of those drugs.

2. The secondary market, those that want to party like the celebrities but can't afford to use cheaper and easier to access versions of the drugs and lose their minds. I'm talking about methamphetamines.

The AFL players treat the illicit drug code as a joke. Anyone who has been out on the town in recent years has seen this with their own eyes. Don't be in a video with your mates chanting "Sausage......Sausage....." like you're some sort of legend then cry mental health with all of the cliched apologies and talk about rehab. Don't send text messages talking about doing lines off a girl's breasts then talk rehabilitation and mental health. There are people suffering genuine mental health problems who don't deserve that insult.

I am so tired of footballers and other celebrities lecturing me about every social issue from gender equality to same sex relationships to racial equality to ******* climate change before heading down to their favourite club and snorting a line off some young girl's breasts. They can get stuffed.

If the AFL Players really want to be "leaders" they'll cop a drug code that says something like......

1. First offence = 6 weeks
2. Second offence = 12 weeks
3. Third offence = 2 years

Then we'll know they're serious about society's issues.

I know cricket is different to football and the expectations are different.

But the discrepancy is beyond a joke. A couple of blokes get caught ball tampering, which is cheating, and get 12 months. I'm down with that, although I'd be letting them play Shield. It's a bit offensive though that there has been no consequences at executive level.

This week 3 AFL blokes have been caught red handed taking an illegal drug. Famous people using that drug has, amongst other consequences, 2 very significant consequences for mine.

1. The demand that they create has caused an untold number of horrific murders in the countries from which the drugs are imported. It is this simple. No celebrities using drugs = no market for those drugs = no murders related to the production and sale of those drugs.

2. The secondary market, those that want to party like the celebrities but can't afford to use cheaper and easier to access versions of the drugs and lose their minds. I'm talking about methamphetamines.

The AFL players treat the illicit drug code as a joke. Anyone who has been out on the town in recent years has seen this with their own eyes. Don't be in a video with your mates chanting "Sausage......Sausage....." like you're some sort of legend then cry mental health with all of the cliched apologies and talk about rehab. Don't send text messages talking about doing lines off a girl's breasts then talk rehabilitation and mental health. There are people suffering genuine mental health problems who don't deserve that insult.

I am so tired of footballers and other celebrities lecturing me about every social issue from gender equality to same sex relationships to racial equality to ******* climate change before heading down to their favourite club and snorting a line off some young girl's breasts. They can get stuffed.

If the AFL Players really want to be "leaders" they'll cop a drug code that says something like......

1. First offence = 6 weeks
2. Second offence = 12 weeks
3. Third offence = 2 years

Then we'll know they're serious about society's issues.
Absolutely agree with all of that Bruce . Although I never want to see Warner again.

Absolutely agree with all of that Bruce . Although I never want to see Warner again.

I don't either. But in some respects I feel sorry for him. I think he was used by the team and Lehmann and Cricket Australia. They were collectively happy for him to push the boundaries right up until they got caught.

How offensive is it that the boss of "People and Culture" gets promoted to CEO? Now perhaps he was pushing for a better culture all along but if he was, CA should demonstrate that and make it clear that his appointment is a mea culpa and that they're now doing things the way he advocated all along. I don't believe that is the case and his interview this morning gives me no reason to believe that.

you dont care about things because of something completely unrelated

No celebrities using drugs = no market for those drugs = no murders related to the production and sale of those drugs.

2. The secondary market, those that want to party like the celebrities but can't afford to use cheaper and easier to access versions of the drugs and lose their minds. I'm talking about methamphetamines

Neither of these are true.

People have and will continue to use drugs.
The end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you dont care about things because of something completely unrelated

No. I care about each of those things to varying degrees. I just object to being lectured about them by people who couldn't give a stuff about the consequences of their "social actions". Many people are being raped and murdered in Colombia due to the drug wars.

Neither of these are true.

People have and will continue to use drugs.
The end.

Footballers and celebrities not glorifying drug use might help in lessening the attraction of drug use as a social pursuit.

Leaving aside the brutal crime situation in places like Colombia and Mexico, the destruction of lives, families, and communities in Australia should be cause alone for society (which should include footballers) to stop accepting drug use as a given. Or as a "health issue". * off with that alibi. "Health issue" my arse!

Footballers and celebrities not glorifying drug use might help in lessening the attraction of drug use as a social pursuit.

Leaving aside the brutal crime situation in places like Colombia and Mexico, the destruction of lives, families, and communities in Australia should be cause alone for society (which should include footballers) to stop accepting drug use as a given. Or as a "health issue". **** off with that alibi. "Health issue" my arse!
Totally agree and I know all about it. 20,000 lose their lives a year in Mexico from drug related murders.

No. I care about each of those things to varying degrees. I just object to being lectured about them by people who couldn't give a stuff about the consequences of their "social actions". Many people are being raped and murdered in Colombia due to the drug wars.

....decriminalise

youre inventing the intentions of these *people* who *lecture*

Hi Bruce

Luvz you mate . ( no sexural constipations)

But you are being a tad hypocritical. You are lecturing !

Dale Lewis was absolutely correct! (But stupid to say so for his own glorification - he was one of the worst offenders)
...but s**t that mark in the goal square PF was worth it, not to mention FINALLY putting his body on the line.

There is no way to stop it (social abuse). But club controlled PED injections are possibly and should be contained.

btw: No1 Bruce street Balnarring is up for sale. Beautiful! (check the pics) are you moving or perhaps considering the go home factor?

Cheers

Leaving aside the brutal crime situation in places like Colombia and Mexico, the destruction of lives, families, and communities in Australia should be cause alone for society (which should include footballers) to stop accepting drug use as a given. Or as a "health issue". **** off with that alibi. "Health issue" my arse!

I don't want to get into this as this isn't the thread for it.

But i'll address this in 2 parts.

Part 1. The crime and violence

Part 2. All drugs are bad, except for the ones I personally use.

Part 1.

The violence stems entirely from the fact that it's illegal.

I'm going to use alcohol as my example. because it's a nice case study of a drug that went.

Legal -> Illegal -> Legal

(Some people will jump at this point and say there's nothing wrong with a beer, but these people are morons).

So when alcohol was illegal in the US during prohibition the following happened.

* Organised crime got involved with lovely characters and organisations like
** Bugsy Segel
** Alfonso Capone
** Murder Inc
** National Crime Syndicate

The following actually increased
* Gambling
* Prostitution.

From Wiki: (s**t source I know)

"A growing number of Americans came to blame Prohibition for this widespread moral decay and disorder–despite the fact that the legislation had intended to do the opposite–and to condemn it as a dangerous infringement on the freedom of the individual."

Once prohibition was repealed. The need for bootleggers and thugs disappeared as legitimate businesses could take over the supply and there was no longer a need to have smugglers and all the strong-arming, bribing, murder all disappeared. Why? It became unnecessary to turn a profit.

Part 2

"I like alcohol. Therefore alcohol is not a drug, but some other magical substance that exists outside the realm of science and should be treated differently to everything else. If people get hurt by drink drivers, if wives and children get beaten by their drunkard husbands and fathers, well that's a fair enough" - Everyone.

I've never taken drugs and done something illegal.
I've never gotten drunk and done something illegal.

At some point, you have to take responsibility for your own actions.
Some people shouldn't drink, and likewise some people shouldn't take drugs.

If people were serious about saving lives, communities and families (they're not) .

They'd be aiming squarely at the single largest cause of all these issues in Australia.

Alcohol

But they don't because.

"I like alcohol. Therefore alcohol is not a drug, but some other magical substance that exists outside the realm of science and should be treated differently to everything else. If people get hurt by drink drivers, if wives and children get beaten by their drunkard husbands and fathers, well that's a fair enough "

Fun Fact: Just last week someone was hit and killed a by drink driver just down the road from me. I'll bet their family is relieved it was just someone with too many beers and not something dangerous to society like 'drugs'.

if you really considered climate change, gender equality, whatever the * else you lumped in with this charade to be important you would separate it from what some people partake in when having a good time

if you really considered climate change, gender equality, whatever the **** else you lumped in with this charade to be important you would separate it from what some people partake in when having a good time
It's not a charade it's the truth . I hope some of you people never have to put up with it.

It's not a charade it's the truth . I hope some of you people never have to put up with it.

huh? the charade is climate change, gender equality, whatever the *, have anything to do with this bruce guy being ******* |*lectured*| whatever the * that means. colombia and mexico have nothing to do with those things. legalise it

huh? the charade is climate change, gender equality, whatever the ****, have anything to do with this bruce guy being ******* |*lectured*| whatever the **** that means. colombia and mexico have nothing to do with those things. legalise it
Legalise what ? drugs if that's what your saying you have severe issues !

I am a hypocrite. I drink alcohol and I even smoke darts. I don’t have to but the law allows me to and I enjoy it.

The law, for whatever reason and I’m not across the science of all of it, doesn’t allow the use of illicit drugs.

If the law should be changed I’m perfectly happy for those who think so to advocate that change and they may win.

By as it stands, illicit drugs are illegal. Players and celebrities who can afford to use them. Hundreds of thousands of people get murdered in the industry of supply of those drugs. And it’s treated as a health issue.

And that’s crap.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back