Play Nice Society, Religion & Politics Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Fact is the lockdowns were a popular policy for the most part and Andrews approval went up during COVID.

Liberals the entire time were anti-lockdown and almost anti-anything COVID related. They picked the wrong horse for majority public sentiment. Even if people didnt like lockdowns or restrictions they didnt need a contrarian voice creating opposition and making it harder to keep morale up.

Then there is leftover resentment for the LNP for the way that Morrison and Hunt weaponised and politicised the COVID outbreaks in Vic that basically created a * you attitude towards that party in general.

Libs were already a weak party in Vic and now the resentment is at an all time high.

I saw that straight after I posed the question. But....that's a fox article, I hold Fox in the same esteem as the 1933 Nazi party tbh.
Can we have it in writing on the AFL website or from the club please?
Deviating away from football - considering how biased and agenda driven ALL Australian Ameircan UK news channels are now.

Watching a range of channels and establishing a middle ground opinion is probably the only way to get any sense of WhTs really going on.

Of course the other is to use apps and sites like Ground News which via AI sife through all news media and tell you exactly how left or right an article or story is - meaning how biased it is

On that point of media bias

Numerous studies in the USA context have found left wing media to actually be more biased and agenda driven and misreporting than right wing media

Their is many other apps or websites like Ground news which try to give a more balanced interpretation than CNN or FoX or Reuters etc

Over the last 18 months I have consistently used these services and watched global news from all over the place and I can say with certainly their is a lot of misreporting and false or fake news occurring in western media

It’s not about raw facts and data anymore

It’s about agendas and emotions and feelings

News has become entertainment

Deviating away from football - considering how biased and agenda driven ALL Australian Ameircan UK news channels are now.

Watching a range of channels and establishing a middle ground opinion is probably the only way to get any sense of WhTs really going on.

Of course the other is to use apps and sites like Ground News which via AI sife through all news media and tell you exactly how left or right an article or story is - meaning how biased it is

Numerous studies in the USA context have found left wing media to actually be more biased and agenda driven and misreporting than right wing media

Their is many other apps or websites like Ground news which try to give a more balanced interpretation than CNN or FoX or Reuters etc

Over the last 18 months I have consistently used these services and watched global news from all over the place and I can say with certainly their is a lot of misreporting and false or fake news occurring in western media

I find independent media like Michael West quite useful.
Have given up watching even ABC due to the likes of Speers and Millar's outright hostility to anything not right-wing.
Al Jazeera, even Indian news shows in the morning provide more old school 'here's what happened around the world' news without agenda, or without 70% of infotainment and 'Sunrise family' style schlock to wade through.

Hearing people say that CNN is left-wing, as an actual leftie, makes me sigh. The major networks in the US that often get called "left" are nowhere near, they are about conserving corporate and institutional power, with some pandering to progressive social issues. If they were actually left-wing they'd have gone all in on Bernie against Hillary, or Bernie against Biden, but nah, back the centrists (who are fairly conservative tbh).

For US political news, I use The Hill (not the associated shows, just the articles), which is to the right of me, but I can evaluate what I read. In terms of major Australian outlets, the ABC beats the major print media and TV networks, although they are far from perfect. Though I only read articles, not watch or listen to anchors/commentators. Unfortunately some just don't like it that facts are left-leaning. I do watch a few different political commentators on youtube though, some I like better than others, but helpful to hear different perspectives and approaches.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watch NZ Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern pick apart this reporter's question during a joint press conference with Finnish PM Sanna Marin. He asked the pair 'are you two meeting because you're similar in age and got a lot of common stuff there?'

Nailed it!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back