TommyD13

Premiership Player
Jul 31, 2016
Adelaide
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Adelaide United Southampton
I know this is a bit of a silly thread. But. Does it get on anybody elses nerves when a player wears their socks up? I understand if some players have a shinguard in, but other than that why oh why do some players do it. It looks disgusting.

I always thought socks up was the traditional way to wear them in Aussie Rules.

Neil Craig was particularly obsessive about it.

interim-coach-of-the-adelaide-crows-neil-craig-at-his-first-training-picture-id50987816

I know this is a bit of a silly thread. But. Does it get on anybody elses nerves when a player wears their socks up? I understand if some players have a shinguard in, but other than that why oh why do some players do it. It looks disgusting.
Sam Mitchell and Shaun Burgoyne both did/do it. As a Hawks supporter they can both do what they want :p

I dont get comments like these. Isn't the main board the place to have a general discussion about all things Aussie Rules? Why does it always have to be serious?

So you would consider if a player wears his socks up or down worthy of discussion on the mainboard? I'll save you the time, its not... it has a place and its called the Bay.

Prefer socks up, but socks down doesn't bother me. Does it really bother you?

So you would consider if a player wears his socks up or down worthy of discussion on the mainboard? I'll save you the time, its not... it has a place and its called the Bay.

I thought the Bay was for trolling threads. I think you're being a little precious.

wtf they're made to be worn up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Socks up is more professional. Aerodynamically superior for faster running and harder to tackle when bursting away from packs with players lying on the ground grasping at your ankles.

Black boots and socks up are what I wear. Not sure why, but I always did and never stopped. Just what I'm used to, don't even think about it.

Isn't the question why do clubs still make all players wear long socks? The majority wear them down anyway, why not just produce ankle socks and let them wear those.

I'm pretty sure they already do. Not ankle socks as such, but much shorter.

Dislike socks up, have to be on something strong to think it looks good, or old.

The satisfying feeling of pulling the tape apart and letting them down in the rooms is bliss.
The players who wear them up these days don't wear them correctly. They just pull them straight up. They don't pull them up and fold them (with a bit of tape under the fold to keep them up if needed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back