Roast Soft supporters

Remove this Banner Ad

So far this year

Adelaide have lost to north by 59 and Melbourne by 41

Essendon have lost to Adelaide by 65, Melbourne by 38, Freo by 37 and Carlton by 15

Fremantle have lost to port by 89, Geelong by 42 and west coast by 41

GWS have lost to Adelaide by 56 and st kilda by 23

Geelong have lost to Collingwood by 29, Gold Coast by 25 and Essendon by 17

Port have lost to GWS by 31, crows by 17 and west coast by 10

Richmond have lost to Adelaide by 76 and Bulldogs, Freo, Giants by less than a kick

Saints have lost to Sydney by 50, cats by 38, demons by 30 and west coast by 19

Bulldogs have lost to Geelong by 23, Freo by 16, west coast by 8 and Giants by 2

It's an even season and every side has been caught with their pants down at some stage for a reaming with the exception of the Bulldogs who's 4 losses have all been under 4 goals

Do we rule everyone out as a contender on the basis of one or more off days?

So far this year

Essendon have lost to Adelaide by 65, Melbourne by 38, Freo by 37 and Carlton by 15

Richmond have lost to Adelaide by 76 and Bulldogs, Freo, Giants by less than a kick

Bulldogs have lost to Geelong by 23, Freo by 16, west coast by 8 and Giants by 2

It's an even season and every side has been caught with their pants down at some stage for a reaming with the exception of the Bulldogs who's 4 losses have all been under 4 goals

#clearlynowinnersin2017

Cuz that you? Didn't know you got Internet inside.... lol
We should all wear pink
Brah you know I'm homophobic, why you suggest this? Keep this attitude up and I'll tell your mum to stop sprinkling crack over your weet bix on game day ok?

Brah you know I'm homophobic, why you suggest this? Keep this attitude up and I'll tell your mum to stop sprinkling crack over your weet bix on game day ok?
What does wearing pink have to do with bum sex? Better than wearing Purple... Lol
And i thought that was just sugar on my weetbix no wonder i froth on game day.

So far this year

Looks like the Bulldogs will go back to back. Everyone else may as well start tanking.

So far this year

Plenty of teams going worse than us so why aren't the pathetic media picking on them? Why is it that they hate us so much? I've never seen a team cop it this bad with a similar win loss ratio. It's almost as if they are doing it to make us doubt ourselves and slide down the ladder. People shouldn't act as if they're doing us any favours. Maybe we should roll out the "we're rebuilding excuse" like the dockers last year? Now all of a sudden they're not rebuilding and are trying for finals? "Oh well we're rebuilding still and if we make the finals yay it's a bonus LOL." * off!

The soft supporters are the ones who turn on their team the moment things get tough IMO
Yep, some examples:
"useless ******* campaigners","* this team going nowhere","forget about finals","sack simmo","no one should turn up at our games to send a message","the media was right about us"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So far this year

Who cares about other teams, its about the Eagles and how the difference between our best and worst is a clear trend in Melb.

Who cares about other teams, its about the Eagles and how the difference between our best and worst is a clear trend in Melb.

Because we're sitting in 4th spot with a 6-3 record but people are carrying on like we're bottom four

Our last two Melbourne games have been diabolical no question and the one before that we played a poor second half. In between that those two Melbourne games we smashed Fremantle (their only loss in the last 6 weeks), outlasted Port away and overcame a physical Bulldogs side

Three games we played well and attacked the contest hard

Other sides have their own issues but I don't see them copping the flat track bully and mummy's boys tag

Are improvements needed? Yes

Does there need to be some personnel changes? Yes

Do we need to be harder more consistently? Yes

Do we throw everything out and start again from scratch because we're no hope of contending? No

This time last year the Bulldogs were 6-3 and sitting outside the top 4. By seasons end they were 7th and went into each of their four finals as underdogs. They had lost their last 7 games at Subiaco by an average of nearly 10 goals prior to the Elimination Final. We know all too well what happened

More than any other year its critically important to get to finals in good physical shape ready for an assault on the last 4 weeks. There's a bees dick in quality between teams and there's no one side that's head and shoulders above the others

If you're slightly off your game you're going to get smacked like we were against Essendon and Hawthorn. We need to address the reasons why we were off our game those days and I hope the analysis will be deeper than we're mummy's boys who don't like Melbourne which is the fingernail deep analysis (to coin a Lyonism) that we are getting from a perpetually flawed and Vic-centric media

Fans reacting like spoiled 2 year olds aren't much better

Because we're sitting in 4th spot with a 6-3 record but people are carrying on like we're bottom four

Our last two Melbourne games have been diabolical no question and the one before that we played a poor second half. In between that those two Melbourne games we smashed Fremantle (their only loss in the last 6 weeks), outlasted Port away and overcame a physical Bulldogs side

Three games we played well and attacked the contest hard

Other sides have their own issues but I don't see them copping the flat track bully and mummy's boys tag

Are improvements needed? Yes

Does there need to be some personnel changes? Yes

Do we need to be harder more consistently? Yes

Do we throw everything out and start again from scratch because we're no hope of contending? No

This time last year the Bulldogs were 6-3 and sitting outside the top 4. By seasons end they were 7th and went into each of their four finals as underdogs. They had lost their last 7 games at Subiaco by an average of nearly 10 goals prior to the Elimination Final. We know all too well what happened

More than any other year its critically important to get to finals in good physical shape ready for an assault on the last 4 weeks. There's a bees dick in quality between teams and there's no one side that's head and shoulders above the others

If you're slightly off your game you're going to get smacked like we were against Essendon and Hawthorn. We need to address the reasons why we were off our game those days and I hope the analysis will be deeper than we're mummy's boys who don't like Melbourne which is the fingernail deep analysis (to coin a Lyonism) that we are getting from a perpetually flawed and Vic-centric media

Fans reacting like spoiled 2 year olds aren't much better

So in your opinion what is the problem and what changes need to be made (if any)?

Soft supporters?

More like a soft team.

Mentally weak. Physically weak. Game turned after Tippa ABSOLUTELY OWNED Masten.

And not 1 player did anything about it.

We are the prettiest team i have ever seen, and its getting pretty embarrassing.

So in your opinion what is the problem and what changes need to be made (if any)?
I think the playing group as a collective are prone to getting ahead of themselves when things are going smoothly. We were 3-1 when we played Hawthorn and 6-2 going into the Essendon game

Our best run of form last year was the last three rounds when we were making a late, ultimately futile, charge at the top 4. Then we got ambushed by the Bulldogs in a game most thought we'd win comfortably

We have a track record of responding well when challenged but failing when an opportunity to consolidate a good/strong position presents itself. Look at the 2015 finals - lost Priddis on the eve of the QF against Hawthorn in a game we were already underdogs in but came out and put you then to the sword. Started slowly in the prelim against North but responded to the challenge to win a GF spot. That seemed good enough and we weren't ready on the day. Got smashed

The early part of our 2016 season was very much that of a team who thought it would just happen again and it took 3/4 of the way into the season before we really got rolling

Part of that is due to being in a two team town and exaggerated shifts in perception from being premiership favourites to useless spuds. Keeping a level head as a player must be difficult

Consider how Ross Lyon rarely, if ever, talks Fremantle up but is far more often downplaying expectation

Obviously there's more to it than just that and Hawthorn in particular have got into the players heads. We're now in a situation where we have something akin to the golfing yips in that the Melbourne travel thing is ducking with our heads. The massive focus on that in the media won't be helping - we could win every game between now and our next Melbourne match and the narrative will be our win loss record in Melbourne

The changes that should be made have been in train since the hawthorn game - there's been a subtle shift in prioritising younger players into the side like Mutimer and Duggan giving them extended runs in the seniors as well as giving players like sheed more game day responsibility

It's been gradual rather than a sudden shift like Fremantle did after round 2 and I'd like to see that continue. Changes this week need to be more like lamb and Partington in than Jetta and Hutchings. Nelson is a must inclusion

Just as Fremantle made a hard call with Barlow last year we need to consider the role Priddis is playing and how that might look in the future especially since we've added Mitchell to the midfield mix

I see a lot of people in Denial in this thread.

If you're not on drugs you're just a little bitch and you're going to lose next week when you have to travel to melbourne.

Mate can you even drugs?

The breakdown of our structures and systems vs Essendon and a lesser extent Hawthorn is very concerning.

Real deer in the headlights stuff that is quite different to simply being knocked off by a better side on the day.
Yes it's concerning but those same structures held up against fierce pressure from port and the Bulldogs and dismantled Fremantle

Geelong went from 40 odd tackles against Essendon to triple that to 134 a week later. If you think Simpson is the only coach scratching his head over massive shifts in intent/effort from his playing group you're kidding yourself

I agree with what Keys said.
For me we have the personnel to win the flag this year, it's a matter of having form and some luck with injuries at the right time of the year... and ending the home and away season top 4. Even after the performance on the weekend we're still a chance of top 4.

I'm not saying you blindly follow what has been done before and everything is rosy, but perspective is needed.

I'm concerned about a few things:
The form of LeCras
Confidence of Darling
Form/ageing of Priddis
Ruck setup
Sheed's defence
Wellingham's disposal
KPF options if JK goes down
Our players seem to be giving their team mates a bake more often that I've seen in the past too. That's not always a bad thing, but the moment players start playing not to get a bake, rather than playing with confidence you have lost. I've played against teams and when they start fighting infighting, and even in a close game I don't think I've ever lost a game to a team that had blokes having a go at each other.

Out of all of that there isn't a lot that can't be fixed. The biggest personnel change would be phasing out Priddis IMO. He's been great for the club, but he's dropped from a top 6 player to a mid range player. At his age and inflexibility that's not a good thing.

I opened this thread expecting it to condemn the fans who only want to support in the good times, and when we lose come up with absurd ideas like #everygameisanawaygame

Imagine my surprise when I open the thread and find out it's about drugs instead.

Righteo please delete this thread, #everymodisanawaymod
Good thread imo

I'm not convinced we're a genuine contender although I think we have the capacity to be one

What differentiates us from sides I believe are contenders is that we don't have any real game breakers rather we rely on a collective effort to win games. It's why you hear Simpson bang on about effort so much as we don't have the same margin for error other sides do and as soon as it drops away we get exposed. Badly

No effort. No win. It's almost as simple as that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back