Roast Soft supporters

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not convinced we're a genuine contender although I think we have the capacity to be one

What differentiates us from sides I believe are contenders is that we don't have any real game breakers rather we rely on a collective effort to win games. It's why you hear Simpson bang on about effort so much as we don't have the same margin for error other sides do and as soon as it drops away we get exposed. Badly

No effort. No win. It's almost as simple as that.
We miss Nic, that's for sure

EDIT - Beaten to it...

Yes it's concerning but those same structures held up against fierce pressure from port and the Bulldogs and dismantled Fremantle

Geelong went from 40 odd tackles against Essendon to triple that to 134 a week later. If you think Simpson is the only coach scratching his head over massive shifts in intent/effort from his playing group you're kidding yourself

We went away from those structures in the second quarter. That's when they really put us to the sword.

We wrestled a little bit of control towards the back half of the second quarter and were quite good, particularly early, in the third but crucified ourselves with our kicking.

If we had kicked straight it probably would have been a "respectable" 5 goal loss and the melts would be less severe.

I do think that every supporter has the right to defend there club BUT we need to accept and admit when we play like crap.....

I do think that every supporter has the right to defend there club BUT we need to accept and admit when we play like crap.....
I've not seen one person post anything that defended our performance on Sunday or say it was in anyway remotely acceptable

The team deserve to be criticised for the Essendon game but by the same token that game is not representative of our season so far as a whole

We can focus too much on the negatives that stem from a loss and overlook the positives from other results

There needs to be a balance that imo doesn't exist

Plenty of teams going worse than us so why aren't the pathetic media picking on them? Why is it that they hate us so much? I've never seen a team cop it this bad with a similar win loss ratio. It's almost as if they are doing it to make us doubt ourselves and slide down the ladder. People shouldn't act as if they're doing us any favours. Maybe we should roll out the "we're rebuilding excuse" like the dockers last year? Now all of a sudden they're not rebuilding and are trying for finals? "Oh well we're rebuilding still and if we make the finals yay it's a bonus LOL." **** off!
It all started the week before the 2015 GF don't you remember and has been going on ever since!

Soft supporters?

More like a soft team.

Mentally weak. Physically weak. Game turned after Tippa ABSOLUTELY OWNED Masten.

And not 1 player did anything about it.

We are the prettiest team i have ever seen, and its getting pretty embarrassing.
It's obvious I hate Masten being in the team. However to me it's like that loser at school that gets bullied and then some other kid from another school picks on him. You don't bully our loser. We do that. So then you start a fight with them. Where was that fight?

The guys just don't care. They don't play for us, the fans. They don't play for the coach. They don't play for the jumper. And they don't play for each other. It's ******* pathetic. At least they're learning a lot.

H
Because we're sitting in 4th spot with a 6-3 record but people are carrying on like we're bottom four

Our last two Melbourne games have been diabolical no question and the one before that we played a poor second half. In between that those two Melbourne games we smashed Fremantle (their only loss in the last 6 weeks), outlasted Port away and overcame a physical Bulldogs side

Three games we played well and attacked the contest hard

Other sides have their own issues but I don't see them copping the flat track bully and mummy's boys tag

Are improvements needed? Yes

Does there need to be some personnel changes? Yes

Do we need to be harder more consistently? Yes

Do we throw everything out and start again from scratch because we're no hope of contending? No

This time last year the Bulldogs were 6-3 and sitting outside the top 4. By seasons end they were 7th and went into each of their four finals as underdogs. They had lost their last 7 games at Subiaco by an average of nearly 10 goals prior to the Elimination Final. We know all too well what happened

More than any other year its critically important to get to finals in good physical shape ready for an assault on the last 4 weeks. There's a bees dick in quality between teams and there's no one side that's head and shoulders above the others

If you're slightly off your game you're going to get smacked like we were against Essendon and Hawthorn. We need to address the reasons why we were off our game those days and I hope the analysis will be deeper than we're mummy's boys who don't like Melbourne which is the fingernail deep analysis (to coin a Lyonism) that we are getting from a perpetually flawed and Vic-centric media

Fans reacting like spoiled 2 year olds aren't much better
How long have the Senior players arriving over late to spend more time with their families been going on, as I have a feeling this is part of the problem and possibly upsets the unity within the playing group (and who knows with some there could be some resentment)??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You do realise you're saying this as an Eagles supporter, right?
Yeh, if I'm entering the draft I want to go to a club with that has fire in the belly when they play. There's none. Masten as much as I hate the guys is supposedly loved by the players. Why the * did they let him get rag dolled on the floor? He was in the backline where the captain is situated and what did he do? Nothing. Why would you want to play for a team where the captain and players don't care if you get cleaned up or bullied.

Yeh, if I'm entering the draft I want to go to a club with that has fire in the belly when they play. There's none. Masten as much as I hate the guys is supposedly loved by the players. Why the **** did they let him get rag dolled on the floor? He was in the backline where the captain is situated and what did he do? Nothing. Why would you want to play for a team where the captain and players don't care if you get cleaned up or bullied.

That was a scuffle for less then 20 seconds that didn't call for any interruption from teammates, it happens all the time.

When Suban and Masten were getting into each other in the derby last year, why didn't anyone pitch in then? It's the same situation; it wasn't as severe as someone getting knocked out or king hit, so there was no need for a fight.

And the players definitely do care when someone goes down, just take a look at this:

I get what some of you are saying when you say it's not all doom and gloom, but what really pisses me off is how inevitable it all is. We all knew that Hawthorn were going to destroy us. We all knew what would happen as soon as it started raining vs Richmond. Within about 10min of this game starting we all knew what was going to happen.

I just cannot see this team pulling off one of the comebacks we've seen a fair few times this year by other teams. We just roll over.

I just cannot see this team pulling off one of the comebacks we've seen a fair few times this year by other teams. We just roll over.
How many of those other teams' successful comebacks have been interstate?
We have already had a successful comeback at home (St. Kilda)
(Port beating Sydney in Round 1/Collingwood beating Sydney in Round 3 both come to mind , but given how much Sydney struggled for the first 6 rounds, is that really saying much?)

Addit- I guess you could make a case for Adelaide v. Hawthorn, but given Hawthorn's form in the 3 games after that (and Adelaide's hot form at the time), again is that really saying much?
I don't rate Melbourne as highly as some (so I don't really rate Freo v. Melbourne) but I'll give Freo credit against Richmond (it's just that it wasn't a *true* comeback - if anything, it was Richmond who came back...and then blew it haha)

How many of those other teams' successful comebacks have been interstate?
We have already had a successful comeback at home (St. Kilda)
(Port beating Sydney in Round 1 comes to mind , but given how much Sydney struggled for the following 5 rounds, is that really saying much?)

I did forget that St Kilda game. Far out we stunk it up early. Glad St Kilda couldn't hit the side of a barn.

Can't keep relying on any one player though as it leaves you wide open in the event of injury and/or suspension.
Agreed, but for a team that relied on good rucks for a long time to be missing our biggest weapon, and then the best backup possible, is a huge hole to fill.

Fair to say we haven't filled it yet.

That being said our contested ball on the weekend was disgusting - good rucks or not...

That was a scuffle for less then 20 seconds that didn't call for any interruption from teammates, it happens all the time.

When Suban and Masten were getting into each other in the derby last year, why didn't anyone pitch in then? It's the same situation; it wasn't as severe as someone getting knocked out or king hit, so there was no need for a fight.

And the players definitely do care when someone goes down, just take a look at this:

Bollocks. Tippa was shaking him like he thought candy was going to come out.

They are already having a shot from 25m out dead in front and they are all over us. Giving away a 50 is irrelevant at that point vs showing some solidarity and fight.

Get the hell in there and drag the prick off your team mate. Get the goddamn juices flowing at least and show the other team you haven't given up yet.

...or alternatively run around trying to man up on a 25m kick and let your team mate get scragged.

They don't care. They should have got stuck into Jonas when we played Port 2 weeks ago, to me that would show me they cared. Schoey even said he forgot all about it on their podcast. Exactly what RookiePick is saying. If you don't think they should have remonstrated you're a soft supporter and footballer if you've ever played. Heck if another player keeps your team mate down on the ground too long, you should rag doll them off and you should remonstrate. This is a mean mans sport not a mixed netball on Tuesday nights.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back