Autopsy Solid win against Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

It's hard for the others to show their wares when Buddy is still the focus of the midfielders kicking it forward.
Anyone care to remember how wonderful the forward line functioned in the first half against Geelong when Bud wasn't there? No bombing it in and simply lowering of the eyes and kicking it to leads or loose players.
It's nice to see that Bud has improved his form over the past couple of weeks but let's not forget how bad he had been playing prior to that.
Thoughts of him playing again next year is just fantasy.

We did look really good in the first half when Geelong seemed to zone off players and put very little pressure on our kickers. However in the 2nd half when they marked tighter and improved their pressure our forward line dropped off significantly.

It's hard for the others to show their wares when Buddy is still the focus of the midfielders kicking it forward.
Anyone care to remember how wonderful the forward line functioned in the first half against Geelong when Bud wasn't there? No bombing it in and simply lowering of the eyes and kicking it to leads or loose players.
It's nice to see that Bud has improved his form over the past couple of weeks but let's not forget how bad he had been playing prior to that.
Thoughts of him playing again next year is just fantasy.
Agree with this.

Buddy is our best forward because we've engineered it that way. We've all seen the figures on how much we target him compared to our other forwards. It's the same in the midfield, if it seems like it's still Parker or bust in there it's because we are making it that way. He's averaging 79% CBAs this year, our next highest mid is averaging 61%. Only Carlton have a greater gap between their most and second-most used mids in the whole comp.

We can't really say that the other options around players like Buddy and Parker aren't good enough until we actually see them in those roles as the main forward and mid respectively. We've seen the forward line without Buddy and it was hardly a disaster, occasionally a triumph; while in the midfield, just one game without Parker in god knows how many years but it was the Saints game after the bye and the midfield had one of its better games for the year (for the first three quarters at least.)

Agree with this.

Buddy is our best forward because we've engineered it that way. We've all seen the figures on how much we target him compared to our other forwards. It's the same in the midfield, if it seems like it's still Parker or bust in there it's because we are making it that way. He's averaging 79% CBAs this year, our next highest mid is averaging 61%. Only Carlton have a greater gap between their most and second-most used mids in the whole comp.

We can't really say that the other options around players like Buddy and Parker aren't good enough until we actually see them in those roles as the main forward and mid respectively. We've seen the forward line without Buddy and it was hardly a disaster, occasionally a triumph; while in the midfield, just one game without Parker in god knows how many years but it was the Saints game after the bye and the midfield had one of its better games for the year (for the first three quarters at least.)
It's a credit to Buddy as his knee looks cooked and can't kick 45 anymore and moving as slow as the King in his sandals

Serong: pulls his pants down, takes a dump on the field

Anyone voting for any kind of award or accolade: MAGNIFICENT
There's some Swans fans who would froth over this, while concurrently criticising Stephens for using his own toilet back in Sydney at the time.

We did look really good in the first half when Geelong seemed to zone off players and put very little pressure on our kickers. However in the 2nd half when they marked tighter and improved their pressure our forward line dropped off significantly.

I prefer when we win

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Serong: pulls his pants down, takes a dump on the field

Anyone voting for any kind of award or accolade: MAGNIFICENT

Depends, is it a clean break? or. swirl ?

Agree with this.

I thought the balance to Buddy was good on the weekend, I mean no good targeting others who dont convert the opportunity.

You know my thoughts on Parker, think we are on the train together

I noticed he spent a lot of time away from the rest of the team during warm-ups, huddles etc just doing kicking practice with Brett Kirk. Over and over and over.
I think that means he's had a falling out with his team mates.
Seriously though, Florent is a magician in traffic. I'm not sure how he does it but when he gets the ball among opposition players, the red sea seems to part and he waltzes through without anyone getting a hand on him. It is purely instinctive and can't be trained. I'm glad we've got him.

Just want to say that I think the club might need to address with the players the post-win situation when in WA. Every time - without fail - most of the players don't come over to the fence or interact with the fans beyond a smile and a wave from afar.

Now it doesn't bother me at all. I've had enough mates play at the level to know some players simply aren't comfortable with fan attention and it's not ideal for them. I respect that.

But I stood near a kid calling out for Callum Mills to come over. Our skipper, who talks so much about the fans and the culture of the club. He gave a wave and couldn't have pivoted away faster. And a bunch of guys with a sign saying "Rowbottom's #1 fan" literally screaming and begging James Rowbottom to come see them, and he stood back and with a smile and a thumbs up, followed Mills back the other direction. To say nothing of the many who were likely seeing Buddy for the last time only to have him clap in their direction and then high tail it out of there.

Again, none of this bothers me, and I'm not one of the fans who feels entitled to recognition and appreciation from footballers just because they do their job. Others aren't the same and there were quite a few around me angry and disappointed.

This happens at every game in Perth, so I dunno. Not saying I know the solution but the club maybe wants to look into it as it feels like there's always a disconnect there.
It's the same in Sydney. My sisters in law are regularly upset that most go to the other side of the ground. Yes we're in members but the point of being a member is you pay to support the club...

It's called 'Fishing with Bedders'. I think they are biting today...
I'd watch that show. Episode on a landing has some kids ask him if he plays COD, and he quite rightly tells them yes, you don't want to be too eager, have to tire the fish out a bit first.

Unfortunately, the show is cancelled after some American tourist keeps referring to yabbies as crawfish, and the cops have to be called (again, justified).

I'd watch that show. Episode on a landing has some kids ask him if he plays COD, and he quite rightly tells them yes, you don't want to be too eager, have to tire the fish out a bit first.

Unfortunately, the show is cancelled after some American tourist keeps referring to yabbies as crawfish, and the cops have to be called (again, justified).
Never enjoyed fishing to be honest

Remove this Banner Ad

Back