Star Wars Solo - A Star Wars Story (2018) -- Spoiler Tags and Rumors

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah but when he had the chance to direct the most anticipated move of all time in the 90s he passed because it was just a little too hard dealing with George.
I doubt that's the reasoning, Howard was already a very successful director who had his own projects, some that were planned years in advance. He talked about taking on Solo because he had a hole in his schedule after taking a break to focus on his production schedule. Maybe there was also the pressure of making a Star Wars film at that time, maybe he didn't rate the script. Either way, he's been friends with Lucas for 30-plus years.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, gotta admit Solo didn't handle a 2nd viewing on DVD like I thought it might...

I'll never understand the love for ROTJ. Acting, story, effects, everything...it loses to nearly every other movie. I'll always maintain that ROTJ, a few bourbs and some Old Jamaican is a great night in, don't get me wrong here, but there's so much wrong with this movie. I was there too, I'm 50 next year and saw all of these movies at the cinema the first time, but ROTJ really is the poor cousin of the original trilogy...

Hoping The Mandalorian delivers...

Yeah, gotta admit Solo didn't handle a 2nd viewing on DVD like I thought it might...

I'll never understand the love for ROTJ. Acting, story, effects, everything...it loses to nearly every other movie. I'll always maintain that ROTJ, a few bourbs and some Old Jamaican is a great night in, don't get me wrong here, but there's so much wrong with this movie. I was there too, I'm 50 next year and saw all of these movies at the cinema the first time, but ROTJ really is the poor cousin of the original trilogy...

I think ROTJ gets saved by having many cool, badass and impactful moments but is has sought of phoned in feeling becuase they didn’t have to try as hard since Star Wars was already successful at that point.

The best
Star Wars, ESB

The next
ROTS, R1, ROTJ

The ok with some entertainment value
TFA, TPM

The meh
Solo

The 'well it's still Star Wars so that's something it has going for it over other movies'
AOTC

The movie that shouldn't have been made
TLJ

Strange enough TLJ did feel more Star Wars like than TFA which was a bit generic. It had better lore and universe building. Just everything else was no good for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return of the Jedi has the best space battle ever put to screen and nothing came close to it til Rogue One, but it didn't top it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back