Workshop Solving the Essendon Situation

Remove this Banner Ad

The key thing is designing a CLASH jumper that deals with the clash.
There are two clubs that cause issues with Essendon, thats St Kilda and Melbourne. Getting rid of any white will solve the StKilda issue, mostly red will solve the Melbourne issue, so something based on the Lionbear solution without the white number background would work.
Only wear the clash jumper away when there is a clash, not at all away games.

Disagree.

Melbourne have all-red socks, large red yoke that extends over the back and red collars/cuffs. Overall, you'd say - with socks pulled up - the ratio is 60:40 (blue:red).
Something mainly grey/white would solve that clash much better.

As for St Kilda - red is most probably the best option, though a dark silver might still work to a degree.

Therein lies the problem.

Remember people, they must contain a red sash for it to be even considered by Essendon. Not that any Bombers officials read this forum :cool:

Well the club constitution says that it has to be black with a red sash, not just a red sash. It also says that it will change this if the AFL makes them (basically). Personally, I don't think you can just put a red sash on a jumper and it will be Essendon although some Bomber fans disagree.
I think the best argument for Essendon to change their jumper is that having a clash jumper like the fat sash only ruins the jumper the club is so proud of.

Therein lies the problem.

A grey jumper would solve all our clashes, The REAL problem is getting Essendon to use it.

Well the club constitution says that it has to be black with a red sash, not just a red sash. It also says that it will change this if the AFL makes them (basically). Personally, I don't think you can just put a red sash on a jumper and it will be Essendon although some Bomber fans disagree.
I think the best argument for Essendon to change their jumper is that having a clash jumper like the fat sash only ruins the jumper the club is so proud of.
Thanks for clearing that up.

A grey jumper would solve all our clashes, The REAL problem is getting Essendon to use it.
Exactly.

From what I understand Essendon have worn a red sash on a black jumper for their entire history and apparently it's some sort of record which they don't want to break.

Though grey being a shade of black and not its own colour makes a grey jumper with a red sash technically a black jumper with a red sash and should see the Bombers keep their record, so some of the designs here would be perfect and the black one with the very enlarged sash would work too but only if it still qualifies as a sash being that big.

Good designs, especially Liam Boys which is almost exactly what I was thinking.

From what I understand Essendon have worn a red sash on a black jumper for their entire history and apparently it's some sort of record which they don't want to break.

It's not about a record, it's because the jumper means a lot to the club.

Similar but keeps the sash alive.

2o3gw.png

I actually really like this

essgreyaway.jpg

EssendonClash1.png

essendonaway2.png

Well done on these efforts. Silver/Grey essentially replacing black and the black outline around the sash looks great. While in favour of never changing our strip, I’d much rather one of the above designs to the hideous wide sash jumper. Normal jumper with red shorts would still be my favourite clash option.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess it still keeps some elements of a sash which is nice, however there's probably too much red for the Essendon board to consider.

I guess it still keeps some elements of a sash which is nice, however there's probably too much red for the Essendon board to consider.

I was actually reffering to the big logo/styled sash. If they had to change their clash jumper a red jumper's definitely a possibility but I assume they'd want it more traditional.

That balances the traditional sash design and the logo covered clash guernsey craze almost perfectly LeeARM, very nice guernsey.

I think it's the tapering black border to the sash/jet exhaust lines that make it. Looks terrific!

I wouldn't want to have the same jumper as Sydney.

Awesome concept LeeARM. How about the same jumper with silver, instead of red as the primary colour, like the ones already on this thread?
EssendonClashConcept2A.png

Here you go. I think it's a bit unnecessary to change the team colours in the clash jumper (although I'm aware that I use the grey logo in my last one) as the red jumper would be enough prevent clashes with Melbourne, St.Kilda and Richmond.

PS: I think wearing a clash strip against Richmond isn't necessary either, red shorts and socks would be enough to stand out from them but the AFL wouldn't allow it.

I wouldn't want to have the same jumper as Sydney.

EssendonClashConcept2A.png

Here you go. I think it's a bit unnecessary to change the team colours in the clash jumper (although I'm aware that I use the grey logo in my last one) as the red jumper would be enough prevent clashes with Melbourne, St.Kilda and Richmond.

PS: I think wearing a clash strip against Richmond isn't necessary either, red shorts and socks would be enough to stand out from them but the AFL wouldn't allow it.

jizz.
would defo buy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back