BW

Premiership Player
Mar 30, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Victory, Chelsea
Heres some names of some defenders who might be good or not good enough.

Kinglsey Hunter
Alistair Nicholson
Sean NotaWellman
Dean Solomon
Jonothan Robran
Nathan Bassett
Glenn Manton
Tyson Lane
Steven McKee
Simon Cox
Craig Ellis
Jade Rawlings
Scott Bassett

OPINION???

Heres a trade that i thought of which we could use to entice a champion.

Glenn Archer/Corey McKernan + Brady Rawlings/Clayton/Cochrane + #1/2/3 draft pick ????

Let me say that I have had enough of recycling players and believe that we should now go for youth. However, my opinion is that

Kinglsey Hunter will be delisted anyway. Don't touch him.
Alistair Nicholson has no skill what so ever.
Sean NotaWellman is past his best. Will get slower and slower
Dean Solomon is a complete ******* and I hate his guts.
Jonothan Robran is stuffed.
Nathan Bassett Nathan who
Glenn Manton is finished
Tyson Lane is gone
Steven McKee is totallyt inept
Simon Cox may be worth a look
Craig Ellis would be a preseason pick only
Jade Rawlings would be a late draft trade only
Scott Bassett is like his brother Nathan Who.

Originally posted by choppy
Let me say that I have had enough of recycling players and believe that we should now go for youth. However, my opinion is that

Kinglsey Hunter will be delisted anyway. Don't touch him.
Alistair Nicholson has no skill what so ever.
Sean NotaWellman is past his best. Will get slower and slower
Dean Solomon is a complete ******* and I hate his guts.
Jonothan Robran is stuffed.
Nathan Bassett Nathan who
Glenn Manton is finished
Tyson Lane is gone
Steven McKee is totallyt inept
Simon Cox may be worth a look
Craig Ellis would be a preseason pick only
Jade Rawlings would be a late draft trade only
Scott Bassett is like his brother Nathan Who.

I agree with almost all of those, except these finer points :
Wellman - has had a great last 2 years after being an under-achiever for a long time, but won't get any better than he is now. He is however one of the premier tall defenders in the competition and would add height and run to our defence. Would come at a high cost though.

Ellis - this bloke's not worth monopoly money.

Rawlings - same as Wellman. As good as he is, I get the feeling his status is being exaggerated by the lack of a dominant CHB in the competition like Jakovich, Glendinning, Roos, etc. have been at times.

Nathan Bassett - could be a handy fill-in while Watt and Hilton are groomed for bigger things. Versatile too.

Scott Bassett - Would come at practically no cost (ie - trading a *******, or if drafted would be a very late pick). Injuries are a concern, but he would be less of an injury risk than Olarenshaw, and it seems many supporters embraced Ricky to the club with their best wishes. Scott Bassett is still young, and is versatile like his brother, and I would love too see him get a shot at North if we can acquire him cheaply (trading Cochrane, Clayton or Rawlings DOES count as cheaply:p).

DARKY .. THE 9TH TIGER HAS SPOKEN
POSTS AS THE 9TH TIGER

GET A JOB YOU WORTHLESS PISS POT

WHY ARENT YOU THERE TONIGHT....POOR ME I HAVENT GOT ANY MONEY.

Why dont you f uck off back to whatever rock you come from you piece of s hit.

Who the f uck do you think you are coming on here and hanging s hit on a great North supporter in Darky.

Why dont you f uck off back to whatever rock you come from you piece of s hit.

Who the f uck do you think you are coming on here and hanging s hit on a great North supporter in Darky.

I agree... who the damn is this soft**** nikfix???

Let me say that I have had enough of recycling players and believe that we should now go for youth.

We need to find the next core of young untapped talent, that Pagan can work with, then we can start to fine tune with recycled players.

Of those defenders mentioned I would consider Rawlings, Wellman, and Cox (although not necessarily as a back).

I don't rate the others and would prefer we develop younger players, or revamp some existing (Lange? make Colbert permananet defender? Watt?)

Would you consider Schwarz for a year or two (rumours getting stronger of imminent departure from Dees) - could release mckernan to key defensive role and give another bullocking (yes and slow) forward?

I would not get Schwarz, not because I don't rate him, because he only has one year left. Give Diggers, Lange and Smith a chance to hold down a CHF position. At least one of them might make it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back