Roast Some Experts don't even have Grundy in their Top 10 Best Players in the AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Wouldn't worry too much about it Dave.. opinions are like you know what.. everyone has got one re.

Personally I think De Goey is a better player than Cripps and Martin.. more versatile and more weapons..

Moore will also prove himself as our 2nd best player..

Some players also seem to be auto selections yr in yr out in these top 10 lists..

Wouldn't worry too much about it Dave.. opinions are like you know what.. everyone has got one re.

Personally I think De Goey is a better player than Cripps and Martin.. more versatile and more weapons..

Moore will also prove himself as our 2nd best player..

Some players also seem to be auto selections yr in yr out in these top 10 lists..

Well they are just like us Really. Just putting there Opinions Forward. They just get paid for it where we don't

Dave its just the media being the media...
Rule#1. Want Clicks....write something controversial about Collingwood
Rule#2. Ditto and so on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hardly experts. For mine there's a bees dick between Gawn and Grundy, so one should immediately follow the other; to suggest otherwise is just ignorant or stirring.

Do not remotely care what the media write and pick.
Far too many sewer rats to sift through.

Far better question and fun question is to pick our very own Top Ten best players?
Criteria might be their level of play, their projected growth as a player, their potential fitness etc.
All those things. Even their importance to the team, in other words, everything.

Best 10 on our list (I’m placing in no specific order as such, so will place them jumper order)

• De Goey
  • Grundy
  • Elliott
  • Treloar
  • Pendlebury
  • Beams
  • Adams
  • Sidebottom
  • Crisp
  • Moore

It’s a cunning excercise because even players like, Langdon, Maynard, Stephenson, Howe, Cox, Varcoe, Dunn are thereabouts. Then the expected rise of Sier and then there’s Phillips.
And how to judge the real poise and potential of Scharenberg...
And if he was fully fit, Wells would be a certainty top ten. But alas, the body gets older.

So stuff the media, who are your top ten players on our list?

Do not remotely care what the media write and pick.
Far too many sewer rats to sift through.

Far better question and fun question is to pick our very own Top Ten best players?
Criteria might be their level of play, their projected growth as a player, their potential fitness etc.
All those things. Even their importance to the team, in other words, everything.

Best 10 on our list (I’m placing in no specific order as such, so will place them jumper order)

• De Goey
  • Grundy
  • Elliott
  • Treloar
  • Pendlebury
  • Beams
  • Adams
  • Sidebottom
  • Crisp
  • Moore

It’s a cunning excercise because even players like, Langdon, Maynard, Stephenson, Howe, Cox, Varcoe, Dunn are thereabouts. Then the expected rise of Sier and then there’s Phillips.
And how to judge the real poise and potential of Scharenberg...
And if he was fully fit, Wells would be a certainty top ten. But alas, the body gets older.

So stuff the media, who are your top ten players on our list?

I read that with joy. Because our list is looking so strong.

But then I remembered The Saintly Jinx. Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!

No doubt we've had some truly great players since Buckley like Pendlebury or Swan while others like A. Rocca or Cloke played important key position roles during our September appearances within this time period but heading into this season I've come to the conclusion that none have been as singularly important to our Premiership hopes year on year like Buckley was until now with Grundy.

A big call perhaps given he'll have some highly talented players supporting him in 2019 but he is the one piece of the puzzle that can't be replaced this season IMO.

P.S- de Goey might well be number 2 on the list of most important now.

I think that's entirely reasonable, being in the 10-20 best players in the league is still amazing. He didn't do a lot in the Grand Final which has to impact his rating

So Rance's Prelim Performance doesn't impact him?

He got destroyed by a player who should probably also be damn close to Top 10 coming into 2019 mind you.

Who cares what the experts think. Collingwood players have always been underrated. I remember even in 2010 the prevailing view in the media was that we didn't have any star players.
Spot on.

Ask the “experts” ask non Collingwood people who is better, Cyril Rioli or Peter Daicos?

Cyril great player in great teams is nnot superior than Daicos.

But they’ll dribble all over Cyril.

Daicos was better (far better).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back