Some guy gives Johnno a blast!

Remove this Banner Ad

Now that now he isn't on our list, it doesn't really concern me in the slighest that he is pouring his hate on us everyday. His credibility is low and more importantly I am more concerned about our team and the coming finals.

But two observations:

1)With his daily vindictive outbursts he is giving, he is damaging himself not the club. Honestly his brand has gone in freefall since he was sacked by the club, worse than Lara Bingles did at the start of the year. If he isn't happy at the club or feels aggrieved, okay if he wants to let it out so be it. But it is every day and each day he becomes more bitter. Wishing and gloating about injuries to players is really bad form, and his lanaguage and the way he expresses himself is really low class.

His wife seems like a really nice and sweet girl, and I assume his children are in school or preschool. He should think about them and how much all of this is embarrassing them with his daily bad taste vitriol. I wonder if he ever wonders or asks his wife what she thinks about his daily conduct.Is he setting a good example for his children? As I said before, he is hurting himself more than the club.

2)His contract was paid out in full by the club. So effectively he is still on our payroll while he is wishing injuries on us and wishing us to lose all our finals. It reeks of lack of dignity and class.

I have a neutral feeling towards him now that he isn't on our list and cannot do the non stop damage he was doing before. So it is no skin of my nose, how much damage he does to his image by this behaviour. But like the Cousins lesson, no person is an island. So he should stop and contemplate how much embarrassment he is causing to people close to him and who care for him. But maybe he is too self focused and his ego and attention seeking is his number one priority. Pretty pathetic really.

I'm confused. On the Footy Show he said he wished the boys well and hoped to "have a beer with them after they win".:rolleyes:

He's fast becoming a figure of ridicule - and not just from Bulldogs supporters.

After he's out of the club for 6 months and doesn't have any so called inside information to share he might have to use his brain and comment and analyse different aspects of the game instead of just gossiping. I reckon that will be beyond him so he'll have the shortest media shelf life possible.

Less and less neutral supporters seem to be trying to plead his case these days.

They're starting to realise that it isn't about "great to see a footballer who doesn't speak in cliches" anymore... they're now realising he's just a dog of a bloke.

He becomes less relevant by the day. Just stay the course and ignore him. He'll be entirely inconsequential in 6 months time.

Less and less neutral supporters seem to be trying to plead his case these days.

They're starting to realise that it isn't about "great to see a footballer who doesn't speak in cliches" anymore... they're now realising he's just a dog of a bloke.

He becomes less relevant by the day. Just stay the course and ignore him. He'll be entirely inconsequential in 6 months time.

Good points, Brown Dog.

I have always been an Aker fan, even when he was with Brisbane, because of his ability to turn a game. Always hoped his exit from the Lions was an aberration.
I'm really disappointed by what has happened this year, but I must admit most of it seems to be of his own doing. I've lost most of the respect I ever had for him.
He's just going from bad to worse now. Not the bloke I hoped he was.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back