Some interesting gossip

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 25, 2005
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Gippy Power
Have been in Melbourne for last few days and caught up with a number of blokes that are involved in league footy.

Now I am not going to tell you who told me so if you are going to ask me stop reading now.............

JJ and Solomon

JJ very unlikely to be there. Solly has been shopped around but nobody is prepared to take the punt.

Cloke boys

Jason will be at Saints although Melbourne/WB also keen.
Cam almost certainly off to Richmond

Brad Green

Likely to stay but seen as expendable

Mark Thompson

Lets just say the boys in the coterie might not have been prepared to come up with the cash to say bye bye

Thornton

As good as in a Hawk jumper although Melbourne dead keen.

Polak

Richmond are morals to get his services.

Tarrant

Swans and WCE have made big plays. Odds are he will leave. I am personally guttered

Bradshaw

Very keen to come home but massive price tag and people wondering if he is worth it.

Gardiner

More problems with this bloke than what's on the surface. V unlikely to be picked up unless he changes his ways.

Kelly

On the move.

Akermanis

Expect Pies to mount late bid

did you hear any offers for any of the players mentioned.... especially collingwood;)

Bookmark this one.... it will be perfect to look back on after trade week. They boys you know in league footy really must be in the know ;)

Hehe...Yes, I'm sure we'll go after Jason Cloke. Even though we have 7 tall defensive options that would do a better job in a similar role (Hudghton, Maguire, S.Fisher, Rix, Koschitzke, Ferguson, Gilbert), we'll go after the second biggest joke in the competition, probably giving up draft picks in the best draft since 1997 at a time when we are in desperate need for new blood.

Fken idiot.

(And what a coincidence that the best player available just happens to end up at your club when he has publicly stated that he will refuse any deal not taking him to the Bulldogs)

mad-saint-guy said:
Hehe...Yes, I'm sure we'll go after Jason Cloke. Even though we have 7 tall defensive options that would do a better job in a similar role (Hudghton, Maguire, S.Fisher, Rix, Koschitzke, Ferguson, Gilbert), we'll go after the second biggest joke in the competition, probably giving up draft picks in the best draft since 1997 at a time when we are in desperate need for new blood.

Fken idiot.

(And what a coincidence that the best player available just happens to end up at your club when he has publicly stated that he will refuse any deal not taking him to the Bulldogs)
Originally posted by Snoop
Akermanis

Expect Pies to mount late bid
Maybe your eyes don't work so well at 1.30 in the morning but it clearly says the Pies will make a late bid, not that he will go there. SO who is the idiot I suspect those that don't read post properly.

As for the Saints not taking Cloke you either fail to realise or just live in blind faith, would explain why your eyes don't work, but Hudghton (getting old and beaten), Maguire( badly broken leg and we all saw how N.Brown came back this year), S.Fisher, Rix(is he not 1 of your ruckman), Koschitzke( too injury prone), Ferguson & Gilbert (Who?, have not done much to get noticed by anyone other than Saints fans) all have some problems. So why would you not take another tall player as cover after all you were crying out for 1 when Maguire did get injured and no-one stepped up to fill the gap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i have a new trade, yze for jason johnson and i didnt just make it up i actually heard that melbourne are keen on jason johnson and are also keen on offloading yze IMO it would be a fair trade

HugeBluesFan said:
Regarding Thornton, did they say what the Hawks would be prepared to offer Carlton?

And i'm assuming that's James Kelly..?

Most of the info comes from player mgrs. as yet v little discussion been had about what players will be traded or picks as they typically start with just getting a sense of whether the club wants the player and could they afford him. When they answer those questions they then deal.

Re Thornton - can tell you Hawks are very keen and are prepared to pay up. It was indicated they would give first round but would need Blues 2nd or 3rd as Thornton is not worth a round one.

Yes James Kelly

wookie said:
did you hear any offers for any of the players mentioned.... especially collingwood;)

Nah not a lot - I actually dont get a heap of mail on the Pies even though I support them.

I asked about whether Waters or Okeefe was involved and I did not get anyone saying 'yeah its on the cards' so I wouldnt know.

big bomber said:
i have a new trade, yze for jason johnson and i didnt just make it up i actually heard that melbourne are keen on jason johnson and are also keen on offloading yze IMO it would be a fair trade

Funny you say that - the mail on Jason Johnson came from a Melb bloke. He was saying the theme of their recruiting strategy will be players with mental toughness. He seems to think the view is they are good enough but they go missing when it counts. JJ would probably be considered mentally tough I would think. Might be a good pick up for them.

mad-saint-guy said:

Fken idiot.

Mate - I think you have shown yourself to be the idiot..............

Suspect the Saints also may rate him bc he towels up Hamill everytime he plays on him.

big bomber said:

Piss off.

Dont want that c--- any where near Essendon, especially for JJ.

Snoop Dog said:
Most of the info comes from player mgrs.

I have a friend who is close to a recriuting guy in Vic. We hear gossip and offers made from clubs for other players. Over the last 4 years only about 2% of what we hear actually happens. Doesn't mean the offers were never made; just never went through.

big bomber said:

Why would Essendon want Yze???

Essendon's forward line is pretty strong, and Yze hasn't proven himself to be a quality midfielder....

plugger59 said:
Snoop Dog said:
Most of the info comes from player mgrs.

I have a friend who is close to a recriuting guy in Vic. We hear gossip and offers made from clubs for other players. Over the last 4 years only about 2% of what we hear actually happens. Doesn't mean the offers were never made; just never went through.

exactly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back