Some Observations......

Remove this Banner Ad

And Humprey B Bear. He goes to the best and fairest every year. If he goes to the cocktail party I'll point him out. He's a little man with dyed red hair and always wears a tux to the functions.

Originally posted by Vansrooboys:
And Humprey B Bear. He goes to the best and fairest every year. If he goes to the cocktail party I'll point him out. He's a little man with dyed red hair and always wears a tux to the functions.

I always thought he wore a straw hat, tartan shorts and braces, very furry...

Nope.
If he wore is furry suit, the boys wouldn't get a look in with the girls, so they asked him to leave at home. He can't be the centre of attention all the time. Apparently he has worn his ROO scarf on telly.

Originally posted by Groucho:
Bananas in Pyjamas would have to be wouldn't they? Very traditional look. Are you thinking what I'm thinking? Hope not...it's disgusting!!

Groucho, I can't think of anything that relates the bananas in pyjamas as being disgusting...oh hang on...yes I can.

Speaking of which, there is a North supporter that wears Banana in Pyjama pants to the footy, complete with his North jumper (nothing underneath - even when it's cold!), this is so he can proudly display the North tattoo on his bicep and an akubra.......We can him Banana.

A Kangaroo supporter that I read about a couple of years ago is Liberal hench-woman Bronwyn Bishop. I hate this rancid mullet more than anyone else on Earth and to make matters worse, she is also a Parramatta supporter in the NRL. I almost gave up supporting both clubs when I heard this, but I couldn't. The pain would be too great to live without my footy teams.

Rooboy - I hope that isn't too negative??

------------------
Are We Not Men
We Are DEVO

Can I clarify that I think Malibu was suggesting that the guy with Bananas in Pyjamas pants wears nothing under his footy jumper, not that he wears nothing under his pants!!
At least I think that's what Malibu meant!!

Originally posted by Malibu:
...there is a North supporter that wears Banana in Pyjama pants to the footy, complete with his North jumper (nothing underneath - even when it's cold!), this is so he can proudly display the North tattoo on his bicep and an akubra.......We can him Banana.

He's a part of the Ballarat Supporter Group. I once saw him at Waverley trying to walk across the stoney carpark like they were hot coals because he had left his shoes behind.

I'm told his whole image is widely acceptable behaviour in central Victoria.

Good God Devo I gave up supporting the Eels (and then league some time during the Super League debacle) when that feral Bishop became the "number one" supporter in 86 (took over from John Brown I think). Just one of the disasters Denis Fitzgerald bequeathed the club. Let's face it - Liberal politicians are pretty unconvincing league supporters.

Originally posted by DEVO:
A Kangaroo supporter that I read about a couple of years ago is Liberal hench-woman Bronwyn Bishop. I hate this rancid mullet more than anyone else on Earth and to make matters worse, she is also a Parramatta supporter in the NRL. I almost gave up supporting both clubs when I heard this, but I couldn't. The pain would be too great to live without my footy teams.

Rooboy - I hope that isn't too negative??

Originally posted by DEVO:
A Kangaroo supporter that I read about a couple of years ago is Liberal hench-woman Bronwyn Bishop.

When Bishop's star was on the rise in about 1993/94, she made a bid to try and get the number one ticket for North Melbourne. Thankfully the club politely told her to go away.

Unlike Simon Crean or Singrid Thornton, I don't think she'd recognise Mick Martyn even if Mick was in his full footy gear, standing at full back on the MCG on Grand Final day.

Originally posted by Vansrooboys:
Nope B1 & B2 hate my Rooboys.

Also the Tobin Bros, are big North boys...I'm glad they don't sponsor us though.

You're right Vans, they do pump lots of money into the club (I've been told around $100k per year), they just don't advertise the fact. Could you imagine having Tobin Brothers as a sponsor on our Jumpers or Shorts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back