Remove this Banner Ad

Frodo

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 17, 2000
Perth, Western Australia.
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
If it were not for WCE then the WAFC would be in financial strife and they would have no choice but to close down Freo Dockers.

Last season WCE contributed $2.4M to WAFC whilst $1.8m of that profit went to Freo directly to cover their losses. Eagles also kept $600K profit on their own books despite paying KJ $600K as a payout.

It irks me that WCE are keeping the Frockers alive and we still have to put up with the crap from their few supporters. Have they no respect????????

Oh, and each club are getting $2M next year from the Waveley sale. Freo are borrowing from the bank now using it as collateral. WCW will wait til next year and bank it.

Biting the hand that feeds them, I guess.

Originally posted by Frodo
It irks me that WCE are keeping the Frockers alive and we still have to put up with the crap from their few supporters. Have they no respect????????
And you call me a troll!

Respect is given to those who deserve it, I respect basically all your fellow WCE supporters - wonder what they are thinking supporting their team (had to get that in) but I do respect them - but you? ahahaha, get all the respect you deserve - ie none. (and thats still too much)

Now remind me what happened when your merry bunch were independeantly owned by Indian Pacific? oh thats right, were in financial ruin and were very close to folding wasn't it?

And then whose tax dollars, in the form of the WAFC bailed you out? Once again, mine (and yes yours) so perhaps you may wish to think about the banal dribble you make, and then maybe, you'll get at least some of this respect you seem to crave.

Re: Re: Some respect from the Freo scroungers

Originally posted by Mr Eagle

I didn't know the Warriors were getting a share! :cool:

Kick arse! :D We can hire a proper webpage designer then...;)

Vis

PS Anyone want to take over the duties from me in regards to having a website? I can't be stuffed as you can probably tell. :) :(

What webpage Vis?

Is it up on the net at all?

who, what where???

:confused:

Re: Re: Some respect from the Freo scroungers

Originally posted by kuepper

And you call me a troll!

You can't troll on your home ground mate :rolleyes:

And to keep the record straight...I have no respect for you AT ALL. You are an ignorant Freo troll who is the pits of creation. You live to bag your betters and are in fact a worthless wreck who has nothing of a future.........so bugger off to the Freo board and heap your crap on your own lowlifes.

Re: Re: Re: Some respect from the Freo scroungers

Originally posted by Frodo
And to keep the record straight...I have no respect for you AT ALL. You are an ignorant Freo troll who is the pits of creation. You live to bag your betters and are in fact a worthless wreck who has nothing of a future.........so bugger off to the Freo board and heap your crap on your own lowlifes.
Thank you for addressing the issues I raised regarding the Indian Pacific collapse and the subsequest use of my tax dollars to save your club, your valued on topic input has once again been appreciated.

Have yourself a lovely day.

Thank you for addressing the issues I raised regarding the Indian Pacific collapse and the subsequest use of my tax dollars to save your club, your valued on topic input has once again been appreciated.

Have yourself a lovely day.

Kuepper - you are the man

Although in SA - the Crows are pretty much holding up Port Adelaide too, but Port are an evil club and Freo have at least good within them if only they can find it!!:D ;)

How exactly are Adelaide holding Port up? :confused:

We've made a profit every year except 2000, but our profit the next year covers that. And the PAFC has been contributing to the SANFL since the dawn of time. If anything, you still owe us for the Crows being created in the first place.

Originally posted by Porthos
How exactly are Adelaide holding Port up? :confused:

We've made a profit every year except 2000, but our profit the next year covers that. And the PAFC has been contributing to the SANFL since the dawn of time. If anything, you still owe us for the Crows being created in the first place.

Reel em in!

But that's two years in a row by the way - didn't you make a loss last year (2000) and just break even this year (2001)

Plus all the money your footy club was distributed by the SANFL from 1991-1995/6 which came from Adelaide Football Club profits which have been $1 million plus every year except one or two.

Plus all the trasnfer fees the PAFC got in those years.

Plus all the extra fans that go to Showdown and fill out the stadium for you in your home game - only one of the year.

Should I go on;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Jars458
Reel em in!

But that's two years in a row by the way - didn't you make a loss last year (2000) and just break even this year (2001)
Nah, we made a small profit (well, small compared to $1mill).

Plus all the money your footy club was distributed by the SANFL from 1991-1995/6 which came from Adelaide Football Club profits which have been $1 million plus every year except one or two.
Of which Port have received....?

Plus all the trasnfer fees the PAFC got in those years.
Thats not in the plus column, because it means you've nicked our players.

Plus all the extra fans that go to Showdown and fill out the stadium for you in your home game - only one of the year.
Interesting. When it isn't a sellout, its because Crows supporters aren't coming.

Here's an interesting question....do the Crows pay rent on Football Park?

Should I go on;)
Nah, not here. This -is- the West Coast board.....sorry folks :)

Originally posted by Jars458
Kuepper - you are the man
Damn, maybe you crow #$$% aren't so bad after all - clearly a goodjudge of character anyway!

Damn, that may have to be my signature methinks - and while I am still here, take your petty SA squablling to one of your boards.

This is for petty WA squabbling, thank you very much! ;)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Some respect from the Freo scroungers

I think you need only look at how much the Eagles are now pumping back into the WAFC each year to know that yesterday's West Coast debts are tomorrow's West Coast cash cows. Cash eagles. You know what I mean :cool: But Freo? When Freo is still leaking money at this stage in their existence (8 years on), you have to wonder...

And let's not forget of course that this event WAS early in the club's history (3-4yrs old?) and after we'd paid a license fee that helped resurrect the entire mis-managed VFL.

More importantly, let's not forget: Without West Coast, Freo would never be. So we can do and say whatever the funk we want and you, our Dockside bitches, can just learn to like it :D

GoEagles, Jod, Vis, EKA, D4E and others form a circle around Porthos and Jars458 and start chanting....FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT ! :D

No weak Dale Kickett punches either thanks boys!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Some respect from the Freo scroungers

Originally posted by Mr Eagle
I think you need only look at how much the Eagles are now pumping back into the WAFC each year to know that yesterday's West Coast debts are tomorrow's West Coast cash cows. Cash eagles. You know what I mean :cool:
So using that logic, we can look forward to a healthy and financially flush Freo then into the future, great! :)
But Freo? When Freo is still leaking money at this stage in their existence (8 years on), you have to wonder...
So let me just check here, the fact your club after 4 years was about to fold (which might I add isnt a consideration here at all) is a completely different to the fact on an admittedly pathetic season, we post one loss, albeit substantial - lets not have our football allegiances cloud our judgement here! ;)
And let's not forget of course that this event WAS early in the club's history (3-4yrs old?) and after we'd paid a license fee that helped resurrect the entire mis-managed VFL.
Whilst a salient point, let us not forget it was the very same VFL who after your 4 miserable years handed you some _very_ helpful draft concessions, which continued even after you had made a Grand final ... something that would never happen in the current competiion, and also note that Freo also paid their own way into the compeition via liscence fees, so that is really a moot point.
More importantly, let's not forget: Without West Coast, Freo would never be. So we can do and say whatever the funk we want and you, our Dockside bitches, can just learn to like it :D
Yes, you can say what you like, no question - just don't expect us to listen, that's all.

Thank god, only 2 weeks til the pre season cup starts - it can't come soon enough now can it?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Some respect from the Freo scroungers

Whilst a salient point, let us not forget it was the very same VFL who after your 4 miserable years handed you some _very_ helpful draft concessions, which continued even after you had made a Grand final ... something that would never happen in the current competiion, and also note that Freo also paid their own way into the compeition via liscence fees, so that is really a moot point.

Geeze, what a selective memory we have here....

Lets go back to 1987 season

WCE 35 players only on their list (Vics were ****ting themselves then)

All other VFL clubs including Brisbane (52 players on the list)

No wonder we needed draft concessions....we were almost 20 players short compared to the other VFL clubs......

Freo fairy frockers 52 players compared to 42 other AFL clubs....

Lets keep this in perspective.......

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Some respect from the Freo scroungers

So using that logic, we can look forward to a healthy and financially flush Freo then into the future, great! :)
No, what scares me is that RIGHT NOW should be your 'improved future'. I know you guys have a culture of failure but this is ridickerous :D
So let me just check here, the fact your club after 4 years was about to fold (which might I add isnt a consideration here at all) is a completely different to the fact on an admittedly pathetic season, we post one loss, albeit substantial - lets not have our football allegiances cloud our judgement here! ;)
Very different. Freo theoretically has had all the resources and expertise to build a club that was successful both on and off field from the beginning. When West Coast was growing up, Sydney was falling down, Brisbane was a joke, and there were serious concerns as to whether or not an interstate team could ever be viable in the VFL set-up.

Whilst a salient point, let us not forget it was the very same VFL who after your 4 miserable years handed you some _very_ helpful draft concessions, which continued even after you had made a Grand final ... something that would never happen in the current competiion
Because, as I point out above, the viability of an interstate club was clearly still questionable, given West Coast's finances and the debacle that was Brisbane. But Freo entered into the AFL at a time where expansion was VERY viable - Freo *should* have been able to easily succeed without the need for any such concessions. Yet here we are heading into 2002 and Freo has a nice shiny wooden spoon and a black hole for a bank account.

Yes, you can say what you like, no question - just don't expect us to listen, that's all.
I don't expect you to listen. You just seem so very keen on it, seeing how often you come here for these enlightened chats ;)

My 2 c worth is that Freo need to get some runs on the board both off and on the field in order to have a future.

I don't say this nastily. In fact I'd like to see the Eagles being very successful and the Frockers moderately successful. Now that Ansett's folded (and the new one is by no means certain to get off the ground) and it's looking like a harsh economic climate, certainly for discretionary spending like corporate boxes, Freo needs to lose the "loser" tag pretty damn quickly otherwise WA's looking dangerously like a one and a half club State.

As I said from the first day, though I didn't expect to be proved right so quickly, Cameron Schwab is not the answer.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Some respect from the Freo scroungers

Originally posted by Goldenblue
Geeze, what a selective memory we have here....
And of course, the complete impatiality we have here in this forum leaves me for dead! ;)
Lets go back to 1987 season
When the WAFL was stocked with Quality, ready made players, when crowds to the WAFL will still high, when local football in this state was going very well ...
Freo fairy frockers 52 players compared to 42 other AFL clubs....
Taken from a _far_ weaker talent base - the 1994 WAFL compared to the 1987 variety is compariing apples with oranges - you can't seriously compare the talent base you picked from, compared to the one Freo did - as you say above, lets be just slighlt impartial!

No wonder we needed draft concessions....we were almost 20 players short compared to the other VFL clubs......
So you believ that it was the lack of numbers, not quality that led to the concessions that gifted you 2 flags - please I am sure you will all jump down my throat at that comment, but I can guarantee you the ability for any club, in the big 3 footy states (SA, Vic, WA) to take 2 players prior to the draft in consecutive years, would lead to a definate powerbase devleoping - take this year for example, prior to the draft, Freo could have taken Polak and Sampi, as an example, then drafted as per noral in the real draft - think of the outcry!

Anyway, neither here nor there - what is done is done, I can look at it impartially - and have no qualms with the majority fo you anyway, just your leader in trolldom, who I notice still has managed to avoid adressing my main point in this thread anyway - whats wrong Frodo, truth got your tongue? :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back