Roast Some rorts are ok

Remove this Banner Ad

Rotten Ron Evans - had his grubby hands all over the:
- Lloyd.com and Hird.com deals

And that was miniscule compared to what Evans perpetrated on the entire Victorian football going public.

How could the chairman of the AFL also have the catering contract for the stadiums?

Can you imagine if Mike Fitzpatrick did this?

Maybe the entire Elliot smashing fiasco that was dressed up as "coming down hard on salary cap cheating" was a way to divert attention away from this rort.

On topic, I fail to see the difference between this kind of sanctioned salary cap cheating and the brown paper bag deals of the 80s and 90s.

The bottom line is that the total income of the players for a club is more than the salary cap.

Just ditch it and let them do whatever they want. The pretence of a fair competition is sickening.

And that was miniscule compared to what Evans perpetrated on the entire Victorian football going public.

How could the chairman of the AFL also have the catering contract for the stadiums?

Can you imagine if Mike Fitzpatrick did this?

Maybe the entire Elliot smashing fiasco that was dressed up as "coming down hard on salary cap cheating" was a way to divert attention away from this rort.

Not only did Ron Evans had catering contracts at AFL Stadiums whilst AFL Chairman - he bought a catering company in Perth called "Mustard Catering" that had the exclusive rights to catering at Subiaco Oval, then as AFL Chairman presided over the AFL's decision to fixture all AFL games in Western Australia at Subiaco Oval, nice little earner that one. ;)

This is not just corruption its down right theivery - the paragon of corporate virtue Graeme Samuel was on the AFL Commission at the same time that this went on.

And they decided to name the Rising Star Award 'The Ron Evans medal'
The same sack of self-righteous, sanctimonous and hypocritical crap that was on the board of the AFL commission that sent Carlton FC to it's knees with massive Draft Pick sanctions and massive multi-million dollar fines, for SC rorting, whereas they gave Essendon another serial offender, a slap on the wrist for nearly the exact same offence ...

What a load of crap ... Carlton was always going to be screwed by the AFL when it came to the Salary cap when they had Bomber Bum Boys like Evans and Samuel on the commission ...

And Samuel's 'crusade' against a dying Dick Pratt in his last few months of life was nothing short of disgusting and I find even more abbhorent then Ron Evans.

It's partly because of those pigs I hate Essendon FC 1000 X more then Collingwood ...

And they decided to name the Rising Star Award 'The Ron Evans medal'
The same sack of self-righteous, sanctimonous and hypocritical crap that was on the board of the AFL commission that sent Carlton FC to it's knees with massive Draft Pick sanctions and massive multi-million dollar fines, for SC rorting, whereas they gave Essendon another serial offender, a slap on the wrist for nearly the exact same offence ...

What a load of crap ... Carlton was always going to be screwed by the AFL when it came to the Salary cap when they had Bomber Bum Boys like Evans and Samuel on the commission ...

And Samuel's 'crusade' against a dying Dick Pratt in his last few months of life was nothing short of disgusting and I find even more abbhorent then Ron Evans.

It's partly because of those pigs I hate Essendon FC 1000 X more then Collingwood ...

It was ostensibly less than one million. Your attack on Samuels for pursuing Pratt as he was dying is different to your attack on Evans who is already dead, how?

It was ostensibly less than one million. Your attack on Samuels for pursuing Pratt as he was dying is different to your attack on Evans who is already dead, how?

Because Ron Evans WAS a sanctimonious, hypocritical prick. Sitting in charge of the AFL Commission whilst screwing Carlton to within an inch of its existence back in 2002.

In charge of Essendon back in the late 80s and early 90s, whilst they were rorting the system in exactly the same manner but lacking the guts and allowing the next President of Essendon (David Shaw) to take the can - what little "can" that the AFL dished out to Essendon at the time. :rolleyes:

Oh yeah and you're right Ron Evans IS dead so you can call him a liar, thief, cheat and crook and there is not a damn thing that he or anyone else can do about it.;)

Did I just read Eddie is complaining about the AFL being manipulative? Did I read that right? Does Eddie have a fixture?

Clubs fume over the 'Judd rule'

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/clubs-fume-over-the-judd-rule/story-e6frf9jf-1226094925825

CHRIS_JUDD-225400_648x365_2054943150-hero.jpg

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/clubs-fume-over-the-judd-rule/story-e6frf9jf-1226094925825

According to that nasty publication the HUN, 114 players including Judd via Visy and GAJ via Costas private company, were paid additional money outside of approved marketing deals (Judd and Abletts deals are apparently approved so maybe its 112 additional players.)

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...ayments-revealed/story-e6frf9ix-1225834081183

This all started apparently because SEN was having a rip at Judds payments, so Swann rang in to defend the Judd payments and to point out that there are many other players receiving additional payments, forcing the AFL to make an announcement.

Notwithstanding my opinion about player payments, it would seem that what cost us draft picks less than a decade ago, and contributed to our prolonged stay at the bottom of the comp, it seems that not only is the practice as widespread (or more so) as it was when we were penalized, and I doubt there will be similar punishments handed out ever again.

Its a joke.
We did it dirty but who care others would also. what stopping someone like Janine Pratt or any rich person you loves Carlton, saying can i buy your car worth $50 000 i give you 3 Million for it i like the color. Any person that has a connection in the club could do it. They can get them to paint Visy park and pay them $5 or 6 million has nothing in the world to do with Salary Cap they can all talk talk all it is waste of our air when they talk and pollution of carbon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back